4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

clear corners and no fron license plate legal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 05:06 AM

clear corners and no fron license plate legal?

is it legal in CA to not have a front license plate and clear corrners
Old 05-20-2004, 06:04 AM

Probably not....if you wanna risk it do it. I bet the cops in LA are pretty strict with those front plate laws. As far as the clears...little chance they would care. Anyone from Cal. have anything to add?? I'm not that familiar with Cal. laws.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I live in ohio, and we have laws that say you must have a front license plate, but i have never heard anything about the clear corners. I haven't had a front plate on for about 4 months now, and i have driven by many cops who don't care, but I am not sure if its worthe the ticket, I hate front license plates, but i hate ticket too!
Old 05-20-2004, 08:00 AM

I don't know about the license plate, but with the clear corners, I would think that as long as you have amber bulbs in there, you should be okay. Nobody is going to say anything else about it if your blinker is still working correctly.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:04 AM

im in ca clears are technically not ok but they dont bother me. as for the plate i left mine on.

-myke
Old 05-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Hooooooonda.....

As long as the light emitted from the clear corners is amber you'll be fine.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:24 AM

I was in a friends car when we got pulled over for not having a front plate. Fix-it ticket.

Big Ds right...keep it amber and rice-free and you will be fine. Hardly anyone is gonna notice that you have clear corners anyway.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:42 AM
I need a truck

I folded my license plate and put it in the bumper ..

Looks better than where it should be

Old 05-20-2004, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Big D
As long as the light emitted from the clear corners is amber you'll be fine.
sorry again bud...
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25950.htm

section a - [self explanatory]
section b - ignore because we are interested in the front of the vehicle
section c - read the first sentence

Basically yellow or white for turn signals and the lenses themselves can "have any unlighted color" as long as the emitted color is allowed by the dmv. ;] talk about me not giving good information eh?

-myke
Old 05-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Hooooooonda.....

I don't understand the SORRY part of your post. I said as long as the light is amber. I didn't mention white cause that just makes the car look that cheaper.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by enjetek
sorry again bud...
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25950.htm

section a - [self explanatory]
section b - ignore because we are interested in the front of the vehicle
section c - read the first sentence

Basically yellow or white for turn signals and the lenses themselves can "have any unlighted color" as long as the emitted color is allowed by the dmv. ;] talk about me not giving good information eh?

-myke
Uh isnt that what bigd said?
Old 05-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Hooooooonda.....

Hence my post above. BTW Ludacris, I'm liking the wheels a lot man. We'll see how the sawblades look after the procedure.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Big D
Hence my post above. BTW Ludacris, I'm liking the wheels a lot man. We'll see how the sawblades look after the procedure.
lol yeah...What color you painting them? Def post up pics when ur done
Old 05-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

In TX, i've gotten "fix-it" tickets for not having a front license plate and my clears. In my state, all cars must have a front side amber flector on both sides of the car. As for the license plate you can't even have the plate in the windowshield on the dash.

I had 6 violations on my car but got all of them off. Just had to fix them. That one (plate violation) cost me $149.00. I hate some of these laws.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by takentomax
In TX, i've gotten "fix-it" tickets for not having a front license plate and my clears. In my state, all cars must have a front side amber flector on both sides of the car. As for the license plate you can't even have the plate in the windowshield on the dash.

I had 6 violations on my car but got all of them off. Just had to fix them. That one (plate violation) cost me $149.00. I hate some of these laws.
Jeez, they just pulled you over for that petty crap?
Old 05-20-2004, 12:58 PM

well when i said i had the n1 exhaust on i did not mention the piping. so since you stipulated it had to be amber, one would take that as amber being the only legit color. please be more specific and dont give him incorrect information like you told me to do in the other thread. and takentothemax, that law about having amber colored reflectors was the law before in ca, but i believe they have since changed it.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:43 PM

about the plates... I'm from NJ and I think theres a law that state something like as long as the plate is less than 4 feet from the ground ,so stick it on the dash. As for clear corners, all the cops I drive by just don't care anymore. It's really not worth their time to give you a ticket, that is unless you're driving like an ***. my two cents.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:03 PM

wow, good call conrad with the relocation of the licence plate, looks kinda european.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by jackson3837
I live in ohio, and we have laws that say you must have a front license plate, but i have never heard anything about the clear corners. I haven't had a front plate on for about 4 months now, and i have driven by many cops who don't care, but I am not sure if its worthe the ticket, I hate front license plates, but i hate ticket too!
Yep they were trying to pass a law saying we don't need plates but i guess it never passed. I have never been pulled over for clears (had them for 2 years) and i just took my plate off a month ago nothing. I don't think they would pull u over for that but if u get a speeding ticket then they might that on to ur ticket. Thats how it is in ohio. i have also heard that clear are legal but must have amber bulbs. I dunno.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Originally Posted by Ludacris
Jeez, they just pulled you over for that petty crap?
Either gunmetal like yours or maybe darker. I'll have lots of time in a week or so and I'll try to get on it. I'll be doing one side at a time for a few days I'll be driving with only one side paintted.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:19 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Originally Posted by burgundyblues66
is it legal in CA to not have a front license plate and clear corrners
i have clear corners in the front with white blinkers, and no front plate, and the cops have NEVER given my crap about it. a friend of mine lives out in walnut creek, the cops are *******s with nothing better to do than hastle you about every little thing, but in the city, they usually have better things to do.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:12 AM

In NY and most states the LAW states that front light must have and amber reflector and the turn signal must light up between white and amber color. The truth of the matter is most states dont enforce this law. Many org'rs, including myself, have clear corners with amber bulb's and have never been ticketed for this. The law for the rear of the vehical is similiar except red reflector and can light up white,amber, or red. As for plates, basically if your state requires a front plate, then the law is to have it. If you dont you are risking being pulled over and ticketed. Depending where you are at will depend if you get ticketed or not.

I have personally received a ticket for having Puerto Rican Dice hanging from my rear view mirror by a NJ state trooper. Ticket was for an Obstruction of View... needless to say I aviod NJ driving as much as possible, as they dont like NY'rs. A tip if u do get pulled over, put ur flashers on (if u have amber bulbs, they wont notice the reflector is white/clear) and lower ALL your windows if u have tints, shows respect and can usually prevents herassment or ticketing for over tinted windows.

just my $.02,
carlos
Old 05-21-2004, 04:47 AM
I need a truck

Originally Posted by takentomax

And I see in the pics you still don't have the front plate on