4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

MORE help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 08:50 AM

MORE help please

Ok I removed the whole antenna motor from the trunk. We got out the wire thats inside the antenna and the whole top part of the mast. Now theres still a small amount of the mast still in this Sliding metal guard thing. My question is, how the hell do you remove this? Does the new mast come with that new pipe?? Im running out of time, Im about to order the new Antenna mast it will be here in 2 days. Can someone please help me out!. Everyone said to pull on the thing well We tried that and nothing wanted to come out. I got the wire out and the whole top part of the mast out. Someone help me ASAP as to whats holding the rest of the mast in.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Do I get a tax break?

You just have to get a pair of pliers that get a good bite of the metal mast that is still in the housing and twist/pry it loose... believe me, it will come out eventually....if you are in a state where there isn't enough metal to grab then you are sorta SOL... I don't know what to do in that case.

Btw, there are at least two people selling antenna assemblies (motor and mast) for 20 bucks or less in the For Sale/Trade forums... you might want to pick up one if you can get the mast piece out of yours.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:08 AM

GOOD LUCK!!!

that's my advice...I totally cluster-fuct my antenna
and decided to just use the antenna in the glass.

mind you, that one isn't nearly as good as the external one...

FLO_BOY