4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ta-leakos

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:40 AM

ta-leakos

i was talkin to a couple friends, and i was like yeah i think my next mod is going to be suspension. im going to get tokico illuminas(sp.) and they were like that would be a bad mistake, and i was like y, and they told me they leek a whole lot. and he calls them toleakos. and i was like i heard they were one of the best.

he recommended agx. i was just wondering if he just got a bad set or what. anyone in here that has them, and experienced leakage?
Old 06-18-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

and what to they drive? Cavilqweers? Shivics? Give me a break. any strut can leak....under any drop or no drop. Tokico Illuminas are a good choice, tokico HPs are not. AGX have more leak issues on the org than Illuminas, but they are far more popular. Any adjustable is great, but they all have pros and cons.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:01 PM

k cool, na my friends are rice haters. it was coming from a kid with a vr6 drop in an old rabbit. that thing is awesome, it weighs close to nothin, it has primer doors and stuff, but it will pulls HARD.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think they were probably refering the the blues, or HPs. I've never heard of anyone blowing or leaking with the illuminas.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Had the blues on for 3 years - still stiff and no leaks.

And I've had 3 sets of springs - even Sprints, which are a 2 inch drop.