4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

About to buy a Max

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

About to buy a Max

I currently "drive" a 240sx which recently took a crap on me. Found a 1996 Maxima in a parking company auction, with which i use to work for and where i bought my 240.

How these auctions work is that customers that come park in this companies many many many lots all over the WORLD (I'm pretty sure its the biggest parking company in the world, you might have even paid $12 for an hour parking with them LOL bastards), for whatever reason leave their cars there and never come back. Car is now in the ownership of this company. They auction the cars off. The auction list from what I know is only sent to employees, former employees and friends. Last auction i went to for my 240 had only about 10 people there bidding. You can not get inside of the car, test engine, do anything to the car other than look at exterior.

First looks the car is dusty as crap. Guy work at this particular lot say the guy use to park regularly and then one day he never came back. Car has been there for approximately 5 months (way better than my 240 was there a year +). Front bumper damage, missing grill and one corner lense and hood lock mechanism may be damaged. If i get the car will be planning to use the 97-99 bumper/grill. There is some sliding damage marks near the rear quarter, not major. Everything else is looking good. Tint, 18" ugly blingin wheels, fresh kumho tires. Interior looks pretty good, leather seats don't have much wrinkles. Bose speakers with Sony Premiere head, don't know if he has subs in the trunk, matter of fact have no clue whats in the trunk. Auto, 106k on the odometer.

The listed price of the car is 2000. The listed price of my 240 was 1800 i bought the car for 800 and that was because the other bidder there raised my original price by a hundred, bastard.

I think i'm going to bid $900 for this car, what you guys think or have any suggestions. Thanks

ps - great forum

Lo
Old 07-05-2004, 03:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by rcntype
I currently "drive" a 240sx which recently took a crap on me. Found a 1996 Maxima in a parking company auction, with which i use to work for and where i bought my 240.

How these auctions work is that customers that come park in this companies many many many lots all over the WORLD (I'm pretty sure its the biggest parking company in the world, you might have even paid $12 for an hour parking with them LOL bastards), for whatever reason leave their cars there and never come back. Car is now in the ownership of this company. They auction the cars off. The auction list from what I know is only sent to employees, former employees and friends. Last auction i went to for my 240 had only about 10 people there bidding. You can not get inside of the car, test engine, do anything to the car other than look at exterior.

First looks the car is dusty as crap. Guy work at this particular lot say the guy use to park regularly and then one day he never came back. Car has been there for approximately 5 months (way better than my 240 was there a year +). Front bumper damage, missing grill and one corner lense and hood lock mechanism may be damaged. If i get the car will be planning to use the 97-99 bumper/grill. There is some sliding damage marks near the rear quarter, not major. Everything else is looking good. Tint, 18" ugly blingin wheels, fresh kumho tires. Interior looks pretty good, leather seats don't have much wrinkles. Bose speakers with Sony Premiere head, don't know if he has subs in the trunk, matter of fact have no clue whats in the trunk. Auto, 106k on the odometer.

The listed price of the car is 2000. The listed price of my 240 was 1800 i bought the car for 800 and that was because the other bidder there raised my original price by a hundred, bastard.

I think i'm going to bid $900 for this car, what you guys think or have any suggestions. Thanks

ps - great forum

Lo
How did your 240sx take a crap on you? what happened?... and well considering your biding $900 bucks it sounds like a decent deal. what expectations can you place on a car that your getting for $900.

let me know how it goes,
Mike
Old 07-05-2004, 02:23 PM

$900 is a steal, it just depends on what kind of repairs the car needs but it may not be ready to drive.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I bought my 98 SE 5-speed for $4,500. It was at an auction too. The only people allowed there are used car dealers but $900 is a steal. Go for it. In the end if you dont like it, sell it and make some money.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'll tell ya what's in the trunk...a dead body . Can't really go wrong for 900 bucks though, You might even make a good chunk of that back if you traded the wheels for stocker's with somebody who likes that kinda thing.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:20 PM

Can you take pics of the car. If so, post some.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:09 AM

if you decide not to get it, bid that 900 for me ill pay ya back.. thats a steal man
Old 07-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

the 240 was doing good and driving strong for 140k miles but one day it started stumbling and then stumbling bad. found out it was a fuel problem, something about the fuel injectors not gettin a ground. i tried my best to fix it but in the end it wasn't worth it. i want and need a more reliable car. talkin about that who wants to buy my 240sx?

here the link to the info: http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/fo...?postid=764278

i'm pretty sure the car is drivable sp? because the guy has to drive the car into the lot to park, so the last time it was shut off it was still working.

didn't take pics when i went there. however just imagine a very dirty dusty max beige color with big ugly wheels and a messed up front bumper. thats about how it looks.

yea i think it is a steal, i'm worried other people will think this as well even tho there won't be that many there. actually i was lookin at two other cars a 2000 focus (already sold) and a 1998 accord ex. the accord is listed for 10000 but u can prolly get away with half that.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sounds like a DEAL to me. I'd get it in a heartbeat.

Who leaves their car in a parking lot for 5 months?
Old 07-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

one guy got deported while his car was parked in a lot. it was a old corrolla gts, don't remember if it was the rwd ones.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:51 PM
VIP Maxima

900 is not even the engine + tranny !