4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Signature Picture Guidelines. Read before posting signature pics!

Old 07-29-2004, 08:02 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Signature Picture Guidelines. Read before posting signature pics!

With the new administration in place and a new version of the forum software, we have retained the option of having pictures in our signatures. As this is a privilege and not a right, certain guidelines must be followed to ensure that all org members can have an enjoyable browsing experience. When signature pics first reappeared, Y2KevSE appointed bags533 and me as the designated sig monitors. Now, under the SprintMax administration, we have been kept on as carryovers. There ARE some changes, however, and now is a good time to review our current signature guidelines. Whereas before we were not moderators, Doug has given us more authority. If there are repeated offenses involving signatures, offenders will receive a leave of absence from the org.

Our primary task, however, is to keep sigs within the parameters set up in accordance with the terms of service that all members agreed to when they signed up as org members.

Here is the relevant language in case you signed up long ago:

"By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Maxima.org Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
"

Basically, this says no sexually-oriented content anywhere, including signatures. What is sexually-oriented content? Well, we have had numerous discussions on the org over the last year, and while many people have differing opinions, it is the ORG's interpretation that counts. To make viewing easier (and safer) for children and people at work, it has been determined that any image that is even REMOTELY offensive is not allowed. This includes women in bathing suits laying on cars, models in skimpy or revealing clothes, images of breasts or butts, and basically all imagery related to anything other than Maximas (or other vehicles). As you may have noticed, this does NOT allow for off-topic signature pics such as sports teams or vendor websites. I will evaluate each of these on a case-by-case basis, but I have a tendency to ALLOW most signatures of this nature. In the end, what we say goes.

We DO understand that this standard is VERY subjective and that it may be hard to understand at first. The general thinking is that if you have to ASK if it is permitted, it PROBABLY is NOT. You can always PM or email bags or me to ask if your proposed sig is allowed. We will let you know if it is allowed or not. We may suggest changes. If you disagree with what we have to say, we will be happy to discuss it with you, but the rule is as follows:

SprintMax is the final say in what is allowed and what is not, and he has asked us to continue acting as the eyes of the administration. Unless you can accept that rule, don't post sig pics. Personally, I have no problem with some images that have been posted in the past, but I agreed to abide by the user agreement, and now I have agreed to help uphold it. It is not MY standard, or Kirk's, that applies here. It is the standard that Kevin developed over a period of time, and that Doug has decided remains as appropriate. Remember, there are teens, even kids, who are on this forum. There are also people at work. We need to keep their interests in mind, and that is our goal with this.

As a courtesy to others, please avoid extra wide signatures. They are annoying and disrespectful to others. When your sig is so wide that it makes other users scroll to read the whole thread it is annoying and time-consuming. A good guide is 550 pixels wide at the widest. Also, please avoid extremely long signatures as well. 325 pixels will be considered the limit of signature height. Extremely wide signatures will be edited; extremely long signatures will be responded to as we see fit. Remember: Dead space is a waste. If you have a pic that has a lot of dead space around the subject, CROP IT. If I see dead space, I will edit your sig, even if it is within the size limits above.

Additionally, there will be no "listing" of mods in a vertical fashion. What does that mean? No "bulleting" of mod lists that run down the page. You may list them horizontally, but please don't list every piddly modification that you have.

In ALL instances where I personally see a violation, I will post, email, or PM a message to the violator asking that the content or format be changed within 24 hours. If this does not happen, I will edit your signature myself. Org rules allow me to do so.

With all of that said, if anyone sees a violation, please feel free to email or PM Kirk or me with a link to the violator and/or their post. We will not report who told us about the violation.

You can email us through the org or at phenryiv1@cs.com (Patrick) or bags142@yahoo.com (Kirk).

Personally, I am excited by the renewed privilege of sig pics. I hope that we can keep them. I am here to do my best to ensure that this is the case, and I hope that you can respect my efforts.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:54 AM
Old Maxima Legend

sounds great ! we have to also remember our members with 56k dial up connections ( im praying for you guys, lol !) high speed connections make easy work of most any webpage but poor dial up connections take a beating! lol
Old 07-29-2004, 09:19 AM
^ Jeff™

Sticky Thread?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Already requested. I can only "Stick" threads in my own forum.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:25 AM
^ Jeff™

Sorry...didn't mean for it to seem like I was calling you out on it.

Just a very much needed post.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by MrEous
Sorry...didn't mean for it to seem like I was calling you out on it.

Just a very much needed post.
Did not take i that way at all. We did a similar thread about a year ago, but people forgot all about it. They they b!+ch when I edit their sig and they wonder why.