4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Axxis Ultimates Brake Pads (Not Metal Masters)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 08:57 AM

Axxis Ultimates Brake Pads (Not Metal Masters)

i've had the OEM Nissan Pads, which I hated because they squealed so much. I also tried the Axxis Metal Masters. I didn't like those because they had no bite when they were cold. I've tried the Performance Friction Carbon Mettallic Pads as well. They were ok, didn't like the performance that much. They didn't bite so hard and the dust was a pain to get off the rims. BUT, I'VE FINALLY FOUND THE BEST PADS EVER FOR MY MAXIMA!!! The Axxis Ultimates are amazing. I have them in the fronts and in the rear. They have a great intial bite cold or hot and have a high friction coefficient. I have so much more braking confidence with these pads. The braking feel noticebly stronger and shorter than with my old pads. They dust like most pads, but it cleans off pretty easily. And, they are quiet! They never squeal! I would highly recommend these pads to all of you. They are a little on the pricier side, but well worth it. I also have Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines, but those made only made a minimal difference in the firmness of the pedal. Has anyone else tried these pads on their Max? I'm curious to see if you have had the same experience with these pads as I've had.