4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

For Those With CD Changers.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 11:51 AM

For Those With CD Changers.....

For Those With Cd Changers, could you post some pics of how your cd changer is mounted in your trunk?

I see at the at the top of the trunk edge (bottom of the rear view window) 4 preset screw holes for something to be mounted, problem is cd changer im using is not factory therefore those holes are too close.

Please post ideas of where to put Cd changers.

Also I wanted to be able to mount in trunk but have acces to changer from inside car.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

In my ex's 93 and 95 Altimas, I had the changer mounted where you found the preset screws... but made my own holes.

I dunno how you can access your changer from the cabin if the changer's in the trunk. Maybe put it near the pass-thru?

I have a 6cd in-dash changer from a 2000 Xterra. And in my ex's 95 Altima and 2k3 Tiburon, I put a 2001 Altima 6cd in dash changer. Look stock, sounds ok, won't get stolen, easy to change cds.

Jae
Old 08-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Oh yeah, the changer I put in her 95 Altima was originally mounted beneath the glove box. It was well hidden unless you looked from the rear door at a crazy angle. At that time, she didn't have tint. So someone broke into her car and stole it.

If you have tint, its still a good place to mount a changer, if it's pretty slim. Hers was a 10cd changer, very very slim, from ebay. Well, after that was stolen, I put the 2k1 Altima changer in her car.

Jae