4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

silence.......of the maxima!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Custom User Title...

silence.......of the maxima!

finally, my exhaust is silent! i'm very happy with it at last.

before, i was running a budget y - stock b pipe and aftermarket muffer.

now i'm running a budget y, aftermarket but stock spec b pipe and stock muffler and i couldn't be happier. the only thing i want to do is change the tip on the muffler cuz i'm used to a nicer looking one...although i polished the tip so it looks nice. i also painted the muffler with high heat paint because it had rust on it so i grinded it down, used muffler mending paste to fill in the cracked outside part and then painted it. looks good and works!

the install went pretty well until the sky opened up and soaked us but overall it went well.

i got the b pipe from a local carquest because my stock one was rusted beyond belief. it cost $116 so it wasn't too bad at all. i called many local exhaust places to see if they'd do a custom one that was 2.5" but they were all over 200 so i don't really care.

that's about it, don't know if anyone will care but i'm happy not hearing the droning and that people now don't know i'm coming. i do miss the low rumble at idle and the start up sound, but i can live without it. maybe i'm growing up?...