4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I need wheel spacers....help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 05:48 AM

I need wheel spacers....help!

Ok, ive been working on getting together a 300zx brake set up for several months now...I have the 300zx brake calipers and pads, and rotors freshly milled....I just got the correct brake lines (the guy I bought the 300zx brakes from also sold me brake lines for the front but they are wrong! :-(...)
I dont know the offset for my 18X8 masitaly presidents though....is that a problem for getting the spacers? I did measure the distance from the caliper to the edge of the wheel, and it was the same distance as the stock wheel....making me think I need the spacers....anyway, what are the best spacers to get? I have seen some on ebay for only 20...and I have seen h&r's for 80....also what is hubcentric and does this relate to the spacers? I think I read somewhere that hubcentric spacers are better?? Is this correct? Also, the calipers I have are painted red, but brake fluid got on them during shipment so the paint is peeling and bubbling off...how can I dissassemble the rotors to strip them of the paint? I dont want to mess up the rubber caliepr boot....any help would be great! thanks!
Old 08-23-2004, 05:14 AM

bump..............
Old 08-23-2004, 05:36 AM

H&R spacers, dont mess with cheap spacers.

try spraying brake cleaner on the calipers, I know for shure that duplicolor engine enamel will literally disolve on contact when brakleen hits them.

you know what, you can mount the Z calipers on your car right now without even disconnecting the stock caliper lines and mount your wheel to see if it clears. only takes a few minutes

you need Z to maxima conversion lines, Derrick sells them
Old 08-23-2004, 03:07 PM

do I need to take measures to protect the rubber surround on the caliper? Can the rubber be damaged by the brake cleaner? I already have the correct brake lines (finally!) so I guess I really just need to test fit the wheel and caliper to see if I need the spacers...what mm spacer do you reccomend? ANd will I need to get the nismo bolts?

Finally, what does hubcentric mean, and does that relate at all to spacers or something else? If somethignelse, what, may I ask/ thanks fro your time and response!
Old 08-23-2004, 05:39 PM

brakekleen is safe on all caliper parts

it depends what wheels and offset you have right now to determine what spacer you need.

hub centric is that they center themselves on the hub rather than flopping around on the studs so it wont be unbalanced and cause vibration problems, ect.

H&R spacers come with the longer wheel studs in their spacer kits so you will have everything you need when you buy H&R spacers
Old 08-23-2004, 09:02 PM

ok so the fact that I dont know my wheels offset is a problem right? I have 18X8 masitaly presidents that I got off of someone on the board. He didnt know the offset either...I dont see an offset printed anywhere on the wheel....is thre an easy way for me to measure it? So when I find out what offset I need I can order the H&R's, which are hubcentric I assume? Once again thanks for your help!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:23 PM

I got my H&Rs from www.optionsauto.com, I think www.redlinemax.com might have some

Talk to happyricefob about offset, he has the same wheels except they are labeled under a different name but its the same wheel as mas presidents. Maybe he knows something