4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

All seneor citizen people should get their licence recoked

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

All seneor citizen people should get their licence recoked

Well today was an ok day, till 6:40 pm I had to go to the airport to say bye to some relatives, Im leaving my drive way in my car everything was great I make the turn on the next block and goin about 30-32 mph its a long road with intersections without a trafic light, well im on the main road and some old guy desides to make a U turn I sound the horn he stoped just to be certain I change my lane and when Im passing him he desided to small on the gas he got my passanger door , bend the frame and got alittle of my back door I got scared sh*t less it turns out that the its a 96 year old guy who have a hearnig aid and apperantly he didnt see me and didnt hear me, the day turned out to be horrable and the bad thing that it happend like 8 bloks away from where I live . the
damages: whole door its out and the glass
the back passanged door is hit slitly
there is some damage to the frame

I claimed my insurance and they said the im 0% liable so hes insurance will pay for the damages, thank good for that and some estemate dude will contact me durning 5 bussiness days.

Ill have the pictures as soon as i can
Old 09-06-2004, 06:55 PM

Translated for your viewing pleasure...
-------------------------------------
All senior citizens should get their license revoked

Today was an ok day, until 6:40 pm. I had to go to the airport to say bye to some relatives, I'm leaving my driveway in my car and everything was great, I make the turn on the next block and was going about 30-32 mph. It's a long road with intersections without a traffic light. I'm on the main road and some old guy decides to make a U turn, I sound the horn and he stopped. Just to be certain I change lanes and when I'm passing him he decided to (smash?) on the gas. He got my passenger door, bent the frame and got a little of my back door I got scared sh*t less. It turns out the guy is a 96 year old who has a hearing aid. Apparently, he didn't see me and didn't hear me. The day turned out to be horrible and it happened like 8 blocks away from where I live! Here are the damages:
Entire front door and the glass
Back passenger door is hit slightly
Some frame damage

I called my insurance and they said that I'm 0% liable, so his insurance will pay for the damages. Thank god for that. I will be getting an estimate within the next five business days.

I'll also post the pictures as soon as I can.
-----------------------------------------

That sucks, But at least you won't have to pay any money for repairs. I bet you came running out of your car all p/ssed off then realized the guy couldn't see or hear. Thats why he hit you and that's also why he shouldn't be on the road.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:55 PM

Sorry bout the loss!! Hope you get the old Fart.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:57 PM
I am Roid Rage

Originally Posted by urmab
Well today was an ok day, till 6:40 pm I had to go to the airport to say bye to some relatives, Im leaving my drive way in my car everything was great I make the turn on the next block and goin about 30-32 mph its a long road with intersections without a trafic light, well im on the main road and some old guy desides to make a U turn I sound the horn he stoped just to be certain I change my lane and when Im passing him he desided to small on the gas he got my passanger door , bend the frame and got alittle of my back door I got scared sh*t less it turns out that the its a 96 year old guy who have a hearnig aid and apperantly he didnt see me and didnt hear me, the day turned out to be horrable and the bad thing that it happend like 8 bloks away from where I live . the
damages: whole door its out and the glass
the back passanged door is hit slitly
there is some damage to the frame

I claimed my insurance and they said the im 0% liable so hes insurance will pay for the damages, thank good for that and some estemate dude will contact me durning 5 bussiness days.

Ill have the pictures as soon as i can

Punctuation is your friend
Old 09-06-2004, 07:12 PM

that is terrible, sorry to hear about the accident, and so close to your house.

I agree in this case, he's 96 and still driving?? why would the insurance even cover him?

Well the goodnews is that his insurance will cover it all, so let them fix evertying back to factory spec, so atleast you dont have to worry about paying, and they should put you in a retal car till your is fixed.

Hope all goes well, keep us posted.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:34 PM
THT
Throbbing member

16 and 96 year olds should have to take driving exams twice a year to keep their licenses. Sorry to hear about your baby's black eye.

~THT
Old 09-06-2004, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebird

Punctuation is your friend

Hahahahaha

K
Old 09-06-2004, 07:59 PM

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get it fixed.