4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

96 GLE electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

96 GLE electrical problem

It started with the light in the driver's side vanity mirror not turning off when the flap/cover over the mirror was closed. I didn't want the batter to run down so I decided to take the two lights on either side of the mirror out. Like an idiot, I used a metal tool and grabbed one of the lights in such a way that I shorted the circuit.

I found the fuse that's supposed to be responsible for this circuit and I replaced the blown fuse with a new one. The problem is that since this happened, my clock doesn't work (it's totally blank), my radio/cd player forgets my stations every time the car is turned off (but i'm able to listen to the radio and play CD's without any problem), and the power antenna doesn't extend.

I had my mechanic take a look and he's stumped. He says he checked all the fuses, but is it possible he missed one? His electrical guy is on vacation so in the meantime I figured someone here my recognize the problem...