4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 02:08 PM

need some help

I was hoping someone here could help me out. Last night my car would not start after parking and letting it sit for about 1 hour. While checking the car (it was the starter), my brother and I noticed some white grease splattered on the inside of my driver side wheel, inside the fender. Most of the grease was running down the side of the transmission. Two weeks ago I replaced both axles (boots were ripped) and I was at my sisters last night to clean my rims as some of the grease is still on them. We think the fresh white grease is coming from the inner axle boot, but neither of us think or were aware that they used white grease inside the axle boots and the boot is not ripped. Has anyone ever experienced this, could it be the starter that leaked? We got the car started and drove home. I'll have access to a lift on Saturday. I'm really hoping it's not the axle because I don't want to take it apart again, and the parts stores don't stock these so this presents a problem for exchanging it without having it off the car. Any input is appreciated.

thanks,
Ruben