4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Whats Next

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Whats Next

i have a ws y pipe, high flow cat converter, dragon type r intake and apexi cat back... i dont know what to do next... i ve looked at some ECU upgrade.. but they range from 5 - 7oo dollars. i wanted to see if the experienced pros of this site can help me out.. ive heard mevi and things like that but try to help me with links and stuff where i can find things like that, along with any more mod upgrades u know off. another question i have is if i put a silencer in my exaust do i lose HP??? please help
Old 10-25-2004, 11:23 AM
dot dot dot ...

Do some research on the MEVI, the info's out there just have tos earch for it. Some people still sell it or some nissan dealer was selling, I'm not too sure anyways, here one link to it, but don't bother iansw, ebcause he doesnt sell them anymore, hence the top of the page disclaimer, so just use this link as info rather than contacts.

http://www.cyberhub.net/manifold/

BTW,

I recommned a JWT/MEVI combo.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:28 AM
2060lbs and falling...

Suspension/chassis... Power is nothing without control.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:37 AM

my car is lowered with h & r springs and i have a fstb.. also i have a rear sway bar for the back... i am looking for performance i guess.. but thanx for the info. i greatly appreaciate it
Old 10-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Rockin' VK56!!

Originally Posted by Broaner
Suspension/chassis... Power is nothing without control.
oooh i like what you said
Old 10-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Team Ramrod

wolftech cams
Old 10-25-2004, 11:45 AM

guys please provide links to ur suggestions.. please
Old 10-25-2004, 11:46 AM

i have a mevi and i dont feel the gains... i dont really think it is worth the money but then yet again i dont have the ecu upgrade so i am not really feeling the "full potential"
Old 10-25-2004, 12:52 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Zipp028
i have a mevi and i dont feel the gains... i dont really think it is worth the money but then yet again i dont have the ecu upgrade so i am not really feeling the "full potential"
Your VI is probably not working, mine was like that for a while, it would work when the car was stopped with the hood open but when actually moving it would not seem like it and i couldnt feel it, then I fixed it by using another rpm switch and would definately feel the added power in the 5.5-6.5k rpm badn (before the JWT, 7.2k after), with all the problems and issues with not getting it to work all the time, some may argue that it is not worth it, but I guess I lucked out because lately mine has worked religiously, and if you can't feel the gains, it's not working properly because you can definately feel it in the high RPM range, typical gains at redline were 35-40+ FWHP.

This mod is for people that do a lot of highway driving, here you can definatly feel/appreciate much more, but for around town under 60mph you won't appreciate it as much as the stock manifold, infact it's outpereformed by the stock piece in this power area.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:57 PM
I still miss the max

flywheel, and maybe a udp, or you could always turbo/supercharge
Old 10-25-2004, 05:52 PM

eh, i am pretty sure mine works under a load mike walked me through it to see if it was working under a load.. and it should be... what would make it not work under a load in your case?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:35 AM
2060lbs and falling...

I would definitely recomend the ECU. This will be the next big power upgrade. For me its probably going to be the TS because I don't want a VI. It will be a while before I get mine though.

A flywheel and UDP only free up power. The UDP theoretically helps and I'm sure it does minisculy. But you can do that power free up times 2 by removing the A/C. Flywheel frees up power once the car is rolling but the more difficult and inconsistant launches negate that power usually.