4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New parts installed and reviews

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 02:57 PM

New parts installed and reviews

Recently I did a few improvements to the max. The first was a B&M short shift. It is absolutly amazing; going through the gears feels so solid and crisp. It was a tad notchy at first, especially when going into third gear but within a week flowing through the gears has never felt like so much fun.

Seeing as the B&M went in, i also changed the tranny fluid with Royal Purple. Now it is GL4 and GL5 complaint, but unlike the other tranny fluids, RP uses SynSlide additive which is none corrosive to gears and bearing in our trannies. A lot of VW vr6 and miata owners with GL4 trannies swear by it so hopefully things will turn out okay. Its only been in there for 3 days it is not notchy. However it was weird that only 4 quarts (just about 4 litres) only fit; I was under the impression that our trannies took 4.3L.

Lastly I installed a Progress RSB. Absolutly amazing. I have it matched with Progress Springs and GR2's. THere is minimal body roll, and the @$$ of the car feels planted around all turns. I only wish that I wasn't tight on the shocks and should of gone with AGX, Koni or Illuminas; i regret the GR2's because i feel that they are too soft for the set up now. O'well.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Rockin' VK56!!

very nice...so what's next???
Old 10-26-2004, 05:53 PM

Nice yeah i have the koni's with s-techs and i love it. I dont even have a RSB and it sticks to the ground like superglue. Does anyone have a camber kit on their maximas? I dunno but the shop told me it will be in the best interest for my tires to get one.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally Posted by maxima8624
very nice...so what's next???
Some shock mounts from me.... I hope
Old 10-26-2004, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the reviews man im getting the b&m sooon and it helps to hear that people like it.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:07 PM

well I already have an intake; actually 2 intakes... a short ram for the winter (Canada eh) and an injen for the summer, a FSTB, Y-pipe, high flow cat, B-pipe, Remus muffler, ARC rad cap, 17" centerline storms, polyurethane enlinks and front sway bar bushings and a few cosmetic mods like a stillen lip, AE headlights and red tails.

Next will be a 2000 VI intake, Technosquare ecu, underdrive pulley and when the clutch goes a lightened flywheel and centre force dual friction clutch all hopefully by March.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:43 PM

wow thats a lot of stuff....

How do you like the car for power as of now? Have you run it at the track or dyno'd it yet? My plans are for an intake a Y pipe only (power isnt huge to me) and i was wondering what a good running 5 speed feels/sounds like with just those.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Rockin' VK56!!

Originally Posted by 1qwkmax
well I already have an intake; actually 2 intakes... a short ram for the winter (Canada eh) and an injen for the summer, a FSTB, Y-pipe, high flow cat, B-pipe, Remus muffler, ARC rad cap, 17" centerline storms, polyurethane enlinks and front sway bar bushings and a few cosmetic mods like a stillen lip, AE headlights and red tails.

Next will be a 2000 VI intake, Technosquare ecu, underdrive pulley and when the clutch goes a lightened flywheel and centre force dual friction clutch all hopefully by March.
save up and get a SC or TC if you can tolerate all the headaches