4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

post pics of your CF lip.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Taken2DaMax
1FSTMAX Is your sig picture recent...I don't see a cf lip there. Did you take it off?

I hit something on the freeway, and the lip disintegrated upon impact.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by 1FSTMAX
I hit something on the freeway, and the lip disintegrated upon impact.
WOW, this is the reason why I'm having second thoughts about buying it. Do you know what you hit? ripped up tire, piece of wood, heavy bolt??? what could it be? Do you have pics of the lip destroyed, or did it like all fall off and fly away?

Let say I come into a driveway and just scrape a little, will that damage the lip, like cause it to crack, or will it flex slightly and only scrape?

Please tell me the most abusing this lip can take.

Thanks,
MAXecutive
Old 11-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by MAXecutive
WOW, this is the reason why I'm having second thoughts about buying it. Do you know what you hit? ripped up tire, piece of wood, heavy bolt??? what could it be? Do you have pics of the lip destroyed, or did it like all fall off and fly away?

Let say I come into a driveway and just scrape a little, will that damage the lip, like cause it to crack, or will it flex slightly and only scrape?

Thanks,
MAXecutive

The lip WILL NOT flex. If you hit somthing it will crack,break shatter etc.
If you scrape slowly, driveway etc. it wont damage it too bad. It will basicly scrape the clear coat off. Many scrapes will ventually wear away all clear coat exposing the CF.

I chose not to use the tape on the lip beacuse I felt bolting it would make it more secure and help eliminate theft.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:48 PM
vsamoylov

people steal lips? first time i heard that.

Old 11-05-2004, 03:58 PM

They steal anything else not bolted down to the car, why not a lip?

If I was desperate enough for one and knew it was taped and not bolted down, it would be pretty damn easy.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Ant96GLE
They steal anything else not bolted down to the car, why not a lip?

If I was desperate enough for one and knew it was taped and not bolted down, it would be pretty damn easy.

Ive heard and seen peoples cars that have had spoilers, and entire kits pulled off their cars.
I had my freakin clear corners snagged! Their only twenty bucks new!
Old 11-05-2004, 04:44 PM

You hit the nail on the head...

My fav is when they steal the entire car for just one petty thing like a system or rims. Then after a few hours the vultures come and strip off anything they can get. SOmeone with the same kind of car needs something, they'll strip it off. A crackhead needs some aluminum, he'll rip off your radiator or whatever he can find. Its a daily occurence around where I live. Its sad really.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:46 PM

About how much would a 97-99 front and rear end conversion be for a 95 max?
Old 11-05-2004, 04:52 PM

You'll need the front bumper cover, headlights and grill and for the rear the rear bumpber cover, set of tail lights and trunk. Do the math, your going to look at about $150 for each of the bumpers, $200 for the headlights another $100 for the tail lights and maybe $50 for the grill, $150 for the trunk... I'm sure you could find things cheaper but the most expensive part is going to be painting the bumpers and trunk if you cant find the same color as your car.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:53 PM
vsamoylov

depends on what kind of parts and where you fet them. if you want OEM parts, it will be more money but they will fit perfect. try looking around the org classifieds for used parts. people usually have them for sale from wrecks.

Old 11-05-2004, 05:17 PM

Thanks,
MAXecutive
I pretty much scraped off a dead dog from the freeway... then my lip flexed hit the ground, and then ran part of it over... i was just left with a piece hanging from the corner..
Old 11-05-2004, 08:30 PM

I pretty much scraped off a dead dog from the freeway... then my lip flexed hit the ground, and then ran part of it over... i was just left with a piece hanging from the corner..
wow, a dog, lol. I could feel your pain, how long did you have the lip? Do you have any pics of the destroyed lip? Was your car dropped too? How much ground clearance did you have. The lips adds how much, 1 or 2 inches? I'm on stock suspension, would I have to worry that much?

Thanks
Old 11-06-2004, 12:33 AM

MAXecutive, If you are an aggressive driver and in a rush most of the time, I would think again about getting a cf lip. These things are really sensitive and really need special care in order to keep it looking great all the time. From just looking my poly. lip, (knowing that polyurthane is much stronger than cf) I wouldn't be able to keep that cf lip on my car. It just depends on your driving ability.

Just a little friendly suggestion.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:57 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Taken2DaMax
MAXecutive, If you are an aggressive driver and in a rush most of the time, I would think again about getting a cf lip. These things are really sensitive and really need special care in order to keep it looking great all the time. From just looking my poly. lip, (knowing that polyurthane is much stronger than cf) I wouldn't be able to keep that cf lip on my car. It just depends on your driving ability.

Just a little friendly suggestion.

Very True!
Old 11-06-2004, 09:07 AM

wow, a dog, lol. I could feel your pain, how long did you have the lip? Do you have any pics of the destroyed lip? Was your car dropped too? How much ground clearance did you have. The lips adds how much, 1 or 2 inches? I'm on stock suspension, would I have to worry that much?

Thanks
i had it for three months.. ill try to get some pics of it.. Yes my car is dropped... i had about 4 fingers from the ground to the lip.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:07 AM
vsamoylov

i had it for three months.. ill try to get some pics of it.. Yes my car is dropped... i had about 4 fingers from the ground to the lip.

now that is a drop.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:32 AM

if you worried about breaking it, stillen lip is the way to go, very flexible.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:15 PM

i always wanted a stillen lip, but then i got into the CF thing and now I really want one of those. I dont drive aggressive at all. The only thing im worried about are driveways and stuff like that.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:54 PM

i always wanted a stillen lip, but then i got into the CF thing and now I really want one of those. I dont drive aggressive at all. The only thing im worried about are driveways and stuff like that.
You should have not problem then...just analysize the locations that you go to on a daily basis. See if the locations are high enough to withstand the lip. If they are, then get the lip of your dreams. If not then you're shiit out of luck.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:02 PM

FLAVOR247...did you add more clearcoat to your lip or just installed it the way it came?
Old 11-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Boosted Panda

FLAVOR247...did you add more clearcoat to your lip or just installed it the way it came?

No. Just Installed it and wax it every so often.