4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

For those who hate annoying seatbelt light

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

For those who hate annoying seatbelt light

i never put my seatbelt on and i have been thinking about disconnecting that red light for years, however, the fact that i have to cut wires etc. always stopped me.

well, today i finally made that annoying light go away ! all you have to do is to stick for example your nissan key in that hole and it will lock the switch 4eva.....and of course u can take the key out.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:21 PM

Seatbelt can save your life. Put it on and the light will go off.

In New York you can get a ticket for no seat belt.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Always sunny in philly

which hole? huh?
Old 11-08-2004, 03:25 PM

when you get into an accident at high speed seat belt will probably kill you, where as without it you might live.

the hole where you lock your seatbelt in.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:28 PM
acj

Originally Posted by DragonMaxima
Seatbelt can save your life. Put it on and the light will go off.

In New York you can get a ticket for no seat belt.
I agree...just wear the seatbelt. I used to disagree with having to wear one, but now I do it because I want to.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:30 PM

seat belts don't kill you. the airbags will, and that risk is much higher IF you're not wearing your belt. those things are installed for a reason. surely you're old enough to understand that. my best friend's dad, at 50+ years old, never wore his belt, thinking holding his arms against the wheel would be all he needs to stay safe. WRONG! he fell asleep at the wheel, hit a guardrail, tore his leg up real bad. grow some common sense and stop being such a fool. or, let the cops (or your own stupidity) teach you how important it is.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:45 PM
lefty

This is the dumbest argument I ever read. I see these patients after car accidents and Seatbelts are a lifesaver. I rather have some internal injuries than be ejected out of the car and die.

Statistics do not lie and what is so bad about wearing seatbelts?

Old 11-08-2004, 03:52 PM
4th Gen Parts King

or else you could disconnect the wire for it under the drivers seat
Old 11-08-2004, 03:52 PM

i am sure seatbelts safe lives but not in every situation. my step-mother never wears setbelt because one time when she got into an accident the seatbelt cut her stomach pretty bad and she had a surgery done because of that. I also saw on TV how a driver stayed alive after a highway accident because he was NOT wearing a seatbelt. The driver simply flew through the windshield, and if he was wearing a seatbelt, it would probably cut him on half.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kolyan
when you get into an accident at high speed seat belt will probably kill you, where as without it you might live.
No way...proof please.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:03 PM

and btw the only reason it's THE LAW to wear seatbelts, is because it's an easy way for government to collect money from all the tickets.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Rollin' on 'Caps

Check this guy out:
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=noseatbelt.wmv

Just wear the darn seatbelt.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:13 PM

i think seat belts are good. If you are in a highspeed accident, the seatbelt bruising you or cracking a few ribs is the last thing you should be worrying about.

On the other hand i dislike airbags, so I took out the fuse for that.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Chassis Freak

What a load of . People need to use logic, not blind faith and superstition.

Say in 1 out of 100 accidents, wearing a seat belt will actually cause you more harm than if you were unbelted. Would you take this as a justification not to wear your seat belt? If so, you might as well be saying "I'd rather bet money on 1/100 odds than 99/100 odds," and you would also be a complete idiot, tempting natural selection to select you OUT of the population.

This is all based upon the assumption that you don't want to get hurt or killed. If that's not true, then don't wear it.

i am sure seatbelts safe lives but not in every situation. my step-mother never wears setbelt because one time when she got into an accident the seatbelt cut her stomach pretty bad and she had a surgery done because of that. I also saw on TV how a driver stayed alive after a highway accident because he was NOT wearing a seatbelt. The driver simply flew through the windshield, and if he was wearing a seatbelt, it would probably cut him on half.
He survived his body being flung through thick glass, but you're claiming he would not have survived his body being pushed against a wide nylon belt?

The worst you can realistically expect from a seat belt is bruising on your torso, unless your hitting a semi head-on, in which case you haven't much of a chance anyway.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:25 PM
wat

Ok first off, if you get in a high speed crash, most likely you're gonna die with or without a seat belt, cause at those speeds, the car will be crushed and you will die.

Wear the ****ing seatbelt. It has saved my life twice so far.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:29 PM

Your step-mother was wearing it improperly...a seatbelt is meant to go accross your chest, not your stomach.

Who said this guy on the news would have been cut in half? Did they have any basis for this or was it just for the shock value..."This just in, wearing a seatbelt could kill you!!! More on this at 10"?

The law really isn't that easy to collect on...it is a secondary offense (in MA at any rate) which means they have to already have stopped you for something else.

That said, it's your life, so far be it from me to try to convince you to change your habits...just wanted to point out your misconceptions and/or have convince me by offering more elaboration on those examples.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:33 PM

Your an idiot. At high speed the seat belt is the only thing holding you back. If you didnt know when there an accident theres actually 3 accidents going on. 1 your car hits something, 2 your body hits something like the steering wheel and 3 your organs hit the inside of your body. Want to know how bad it is when theres an airbag coming at you at 200MPH and your traveling at 50MPH towards it? Try decapatation.

Not that I really dont care if you die or not thats your decision but I wouldnt want to pick up the pieces of your body off the road with a shovel when its all over.

Why didnt you just do what I did with my check engine light? Just put a piece of electrical tape over it
Old 11-08-2004, 04:37 PM

Let's just say, your an idiot. My friend died 3 weeks ago because he wasnt wearing a seatbelt. Guess what killed him.... ::gasp:: the glass. The glass completely fracture his skull to the point that it looked like he had a huge bump on his forehead... it was his skull. Don't be stupid and just wear the damn thing, its there for a reason. Don't be the dumbass that kills himself because of not wearing a seatbelt. It's like asking to be thrown around the car. Common sense.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:44 PM

and btw the only reason it's THE LAW to wear seatbelts, is because it's an easy way for government to collect money from all the tickets.
If that isn't the biggest load of crap I've heard all day. THE LAW is there to protect you. THE LAW is there to keep people safe. Saying it's THE LAW because the government wants money is like saying the government only labels crimes just for the sake of getting paid. Face it, you can't win. You can't convince all of us to risk our lives like that, and obviously we can't convince you to be a bit more intelligent. You'll just have to learn from your own mistakes.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:47 PM

i don't think people understand me here. i AM NOT saying that seatbelt don't save lives. all i'm saying is that they DO KILL people in some accidents. and the goverment statistics are NOT accurate since they don't include traveling speeds. AND i don't wear seatbelt NOT because i am affraid it will kill me, but simply because i don't like it
Old 11-08-2004, 04:51 PM

Okay post number three in this damn thread.

All you parents or future parents out there...EVERY time your children (young ones of course) get in the car ask them if their seatbelt is on. My parents did this with me and now I just wear my seatbelt without even thinking about it.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:52 PM

Saying someone lived an accident when the car rolled over or caught on fire because you had no seatbelt on and the person fell out or was thrown out the car is just plain retarded. Sure it happens and I'll be the first one to admit you have those one in a million places where someone will live by the miracle of god... but how often does a roll over happen? how often do cars just catch on fire in an accident? Pretty slim...

Most accidents are just plain head on with another car or object like a tree or telephone pole, rear enders, etc. And if your not wearing your seatbelt in an accident like that, that air bag is going to come out and hit you.. hard. Dont think your just going to hold onto the steering wheel either. When the airbag deploys, its bigger than the steering wheel so if you hold onto it, its going to break your arms. and your going to get a face full of airbag
Old 11-08-2004, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by SOAD1983
If that isn't the biggest load of crap I've heard all day. THE LAW is there to protect you. THE LAW is there to keep people safe. Saying it's THE LAW because the government wants money is like saying the government only labels crimes just for the sake of getting paid. Face it, you can't win. You can't convince all of us to risk our lives like that, and obviously we can't convince you to be a bit more intelligent. You'll just have to learn from your own mistakes.

wow ! Do you know that guns save more people that they actually kill? yet guns are not legal. Do you know that there are many ways to avoid drinking and driving? Gov. doesn't use them....why? No profit ! Did you ever hear about speed traps where speed limit is 35-45 on the HIGHWAY? why? not because of safety reason, but so that u get that ticket ! ****ing cop told me that himself!
Old 11-08-2004, 04:58 PM

What you're saying is that essentially you'd have sex with a stranger without a condom because it feels better. Yeah, that's a great idea. I dislike seatbelts, they're uncomfortable and generally a big PITA. I wear them because they save lives. Being a rebel is great, but this is just stupid.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:58 PM

well, i usually wouldn't say anything, and i'm not sayin this is a reason not to wear your seatbelt (even though i usually don't)...i had a friend die in a crash 3 years ago New Years Eve because they hit an embankment and the seat belt just caused so much trauma to her that she died on the spot. really, it's just do you want to take a chance and not wear the seatbelt or just wear it and take your chances there. In any instance, you take chances. just my .02
Old 11-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Otis_Speeding

Originally Posted by oigs
What you're saying is that essentially you'd have sex with a stranger without a condom because it feels better. Yeah, that's a great idea. I dislike seatbelts, they're uncomfortable and generally a big PITA. I wear them because they save lives. Being a rebel is great, but this is just stupid.

I have sex with strangers without a condom,..it feels better. I dislike condoms,..they're uncomfortable and generally a big PITA. j/k
To each his own. The tip is just out there for anyone who wants to know. I don't think he started this thread to start up a big debate about responsibility, safety, or whatever. Thanks for the tip...I will use it. I hate that annoying light always staring at me.

Old 11-08-2004, 05:13 PM

wow ! Do you know that guns save more people that they actually kill? yet guns are not legal. Do you know that there are many ways to avoid drinking and driving? Gov. doesn't use them....why? No profit ! Did you ever hear about speed traps where speed limit is 35-45 on the HIGHWAY? why? not because of safety reason, but so that u get that ticket ! ****ing cop told me that himself!

Again you're using one small event to represent an entire history. And about guns, did Bush not end the Assault Weapons Ban? At least that's what I remember. And if guns were illegal, wouldn't all hunting supply stores be shut down? The legal B.A.C of .08 is just one way to avoid drunken driving. And no profit? What about the thousands of dollars one has to pay if caught with DUI?

Oh yeah, this thread's getting locked/moved to OT real soon.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:21 PM

if you dont wear your seltbelt you are a dumb@$$. That PITA seatbelt save me and 4 of my friends lives. Ya seat belts can hurt you. But if you dont wear it you will get hurt A LOT worse. Trust me... Heres just a few pictures for you to look over...

More comming...
Old 11-08-2004, 05:22 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=271282 there is the age old post if you want to read it over and see how it happened. Just wear the damn seatbelt. You dont want to learn the hard way.

Sean
Old 11-08-2004, 05:33 PM

Come on guys wouldn't you rather have a clean un-wrinkled shirt when you die from a high speed crash then an ugly wrinkled one?
Old 11-08-2004, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by SOAD1983
Again you're using one small event to represent an entire history. And about guns, did Bush not end the Assault Weapons Ban? At least that's what I remember. And if guns were illegal, wouldn't all hunting supply stores be shut down? The legal B.A.C of .08 is just one way to avoid drunken driving. And no profit? What about the thousands of dollars one has to pay if caught with DUI?

Oh yeah, this thread's getting locked/moved to OT real soon.

i'm saying that if every person carries a gun, lives will be saved. It's a fact. (or at least self-deffence weapons) in MA non of that is allowed. DUI will never be stopped for good by goverment beacuse gov. make **** lot of money if one gets pulled over for DUI. And YES you can put better affort to decrease DUIs.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:42 PM

I love my seatbelt. Besides it being there to help keep me alive, it keeps me snug in the seat. When I corner especially, if it weren't for the seatbelt, I feel my feet come up a little off the pedals.

I like being strapped into the seat and actually miss the old school seat belts GM cars had where you buckle in, pull up on the strap and it stays tight. Our Max belts are loose all the way until they feel G forces.

Anyhow, to each his own. Whether or not anyone wears a seatbelt is their business. Absolutely no one extra will get hurt except themselves. So if they want to gamble with themselves, up to them. I personally couldn't drive without it.

On a side note... if you have rear seat passengers that aren't seatbelted... in a crash they are going to go flying... into the back of your seat and/or head. I always make people in my car buckle in. Not only for their safety but for mine too.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:42 PM

and about those picuters above......

my dad got in to the same accident on the highway in my '95 Maxima . The car was in worth condition, both air bags came out, the car was totaled, and the damages were over 11 Gs. No seatbelt, Not even a scrach on his face or anywhere else.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:48 PM
wat

and about those picuters above......

my dad got in to the same accident on the highway in my '95 Maxima . The car was in worth condition, both air bags came out, the car was totaled, and the damages were over 11 Gs. No seatbelt, Not even a scrach on his face or anywhere else.
Im gonna go ahead and call BS on this. At highway speeds, w/o a seat belt he would have had something broken. Especially if the car rolled, he wouldnt have had been lucky. So im gonna say BS on that he turned out w/o any scratches or bruising.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:50 PM
acj

wow ! Do you know that guns save more people that they actually kill? yet guns are not legal.
What...guns are not legal? That’s a new one on me. I guess I have thousands of dollars worth of "illegal" guns then. Hmmm…I always thought the 2nd Amendment was there for us.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by BlueC
Im gonna go ahead and call BS on this. At highway speeds, w/o a seat belt he would have had something broken. Especially if the car rolled, he wouldnt have had been lucky. So im gonna say BS on that he turned out w/o any scratches or bruising.

NO BS. and the car didn't roll. it was front to back of standing car accident.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:52 PM
wat

NO BS. and the car didn't roll. it was front to back of standing car accident.
Wait, explain the entire accident, cause you said it was like the accident of the pictures of above, where that maxima rolled.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:53 PM

the hole where you lock your seatbelt in.

being a fireman i can honestly say that noone in our departmend or probabally our county has EVER pulled a seat belt off of a dead man. they do save lives and you should wear them
Old 11-08-2004, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by acj
What...guns are not legal? That’s a new one on me. I guess I have thousands of dollars worth of "illegal" guns then. Hmmm…I always thought the 2nd Amendment was there for us.
IN MASSACHUSETTS GUNS CAN NOT BE CARRIED EVEN WITH THE PERMIT ! SELF-DEFENCE WEAPONS CANNOT BE CARRIED ! maybe just a peper spray and that's MAYBE
Old 11-08-2004, 05:55 PM

also flying through a windsheild is not at all simple. cutting through one is hard enough they are VERY strong and hard to get through even with our special tools

Quick Reply: For those who hate annoying seatbelt light