4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

serious electrical problems, long...plz help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 03:49 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

serious electrical problems, long...plz help

my cars electrical system is all kinds of bad.

about a weeks ago, my alternator went out, or atleast i believe it did. i bought a used one from another .org member with 15k miles on it. when all the work was done still none of the electrical systems worked...it turned out the battery fuse, the 120amp one under the hood was bad. it had some corosion on it and the connection was not good. we were able to get a semi-good conection out of it so that everything would still work while i was in teh process of getting a new one.

while driving around, my ABS fuse blows out. not sure if that is relevent or not, but just putting it out there.

yesterday i took my car in to get a smog diagnostic. when i picked it up, still everything worked fine, but about 5 minutes after i got on the freeway, the windows, blower, and turn signals stopped working, BUT, the guages, stereo and seats did work.

today i took the car in to get the ignition switch repaired. after i brought the car home i tried to drive it and it barely started. the batery was almost dead. i got it started and drive it for a little bit and then everything died. i brought it to a local garage and had them put in the new batery fuse, then they tell me that the alternator is not charging...how the hell did it stop working? everything was fine for a whole damn week.

what the hell is going on with my car? why are my electrical components being killed off one by one?

edit: no more fuses have blown and none of the idiot lights are on.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:24 AM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

bump...can anyone help me out?
Old 11-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Go to Nissan and have the diag run. I was thinking something in the EGI harness but of course Im not the Diag machine :P

Proph
Old 11-13-2004, 10:56 AM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

well i fixed the problem myself. one of the big relay fuses thats behind hte dash to the left of the fuse box was really loose and fell out when i touched it. now everything works fine.