4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:20 PM

I need help!

alright guys, i'm going crazy...a while back i posted a thread about my car having no low end power(95 gxe) and i got some good feedback that i used to my advantage but it still didn't solve my problem. Up to this point i have changed all of the spark plugs, knock sensor, and i have checked the egr to make sure that it is functioning correctly(checking vacuum from the egr valve and backpressure from the bpt valve.) i don't have a cel on so i don't think it's a coil pack and i've cleaned my throttle body, but nothing worked...please help me!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:26 PM

maybe you need to clean your fuel injectors. i notice on my 98 maxima se im also losing low end power. ive been putting in fuel injector cleaners (only $3.00) that you can buy at any auto part store every other gas fill up. i've notice a pretty good increase in power.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:28 PM

yup forgot to mention that i flushed my injectors and fuel system about a month ago