4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

questions please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 04:57 PM

questions please help

hey guys.....newbie here....

ok my name is chuckie and im 17 ... i am a car finatic and love everything about them.....my father took me out looking for a car and i really was looking for an suv it was soposed to be for both of us and he wanted a truck....but needless to say we found a 1990 cadillac sedan deville anniversary edition with the rols royce grille and the spoked rims and the whole 9....so we both fel in love with this car and picked it up....needless to say im 17 and i really didnt wanna be driving a boat THAT I COULDNT REALLY MOD UP....i always had my eye on my fathers 96 max so one day i asked him can i have the max and you take the caddy ....finally after some perswading he said yes... now i got the modding bugggggg!!!!! i just want to get everything ... ok i know youve herd it a million times but i need reccomndations....
1. i would like to modify my car into dual exhaust but i dunt know what size pipes could fit if anyone could help me with that that would be great and also i want a really loud exhaust...but nothing ricey....i was thinking greedy but i hear there quieter ..CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CATBACK SYSTEM I COULD PUT IN MY MAX THAT IS LOUD AND THE RIGHT SIZE TO FIT FOR DUAL EXHAUST

2.Im probably getting the Injen C.A.I. ive herd it screams lol ..(any thoughts on this would help)

3. i am looking for a y pipe...same thing loud and effective (any thoughts or reccomendations would help)

ANY OTHER MOD RECCOMENDATIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED**

THANKS ALOT
CHUCKIE

ps. i need inerior speakers and im looking to spend around 200 for 4, i need another amp for them also around 140? and another thing is a recievr and im looking to spend around 300 for that.... (i already have a box with 2 12's w/ an amp waiting for teh rest of the ssytem =0)) THANKS AGAIN
Old 11-19-2004, 09:44 PM

con grats on the car.

I've heard custom maxima's dual exhaust is a good setup with flowmaster mufflers. BUt I'm sure others would say a good muffler shop can bend you up a good set of pipes and throw on some good mufflers.

A lot of people here will say the Place Racing CAI is better than the Injen CAI, cause the PLace racing actually sucks up COLD air.

Y Pipe, since your in NY I'd recommned a Stainless Steel one so that in the winter time it wont get worn down due to the wheater and the salt on the roads.

speakers I'm not sure, make a post or check the stickies in the audio section you should get some good responces there.

good luck.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:05 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Please for the love of god don't put graphics, altezzas, or a park bench wing on your car.

Loud exhausts on maximas generally are "ricey". The Greddy isn't too loud, but it sounds decent, and gives you some adequate gains.

No offense, dude, but work on the spelling.

Hooked on phonics worked for me!
Old 11-19-2004, 10:25 PM

Ok www.customenterprise.com has the dual exhaust. I dunno how it sound. I would say any CAI would do it, all u do with the injen is pay for the name brand. Also warpspeed y pipe and cattman (which i recomend the most) are good. Exhaust wise i would go with the greddy or the cattman which sound fenomenal. Also if u are looking for speed get MEVI(middle eastern variable intake)Cattman headers the whole 9. Good luck and please dont rice it out.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:40 AM

thanks for everything guys.... lol i guess that the internet has messed up my grammer pretty good.... thanks for all the feedback..... is there any way to get that blow off valve sound in my max a couple of my friends happen to have supras and that sound is F****** AWESOME.. and also i have heard that you can put a "throw shifter" in the max.....is this true and if so is there any advangtages performance wise?...also how are the ebay cai's compared to the injen ... how are the obx y pipes and headers? ....also what are the biggest size pipes i could fit under the max?..one other thing if i am doing a dual exhausts how would i buy the exhaust system?..because i was going to buy a catback exhaust but now i don't know if i could buy 2 catbacks or 2 seperate muffelors or what....any feedback is appreciated thanks....

PS ILL NEVER RICE ANYTHING LOL
Old 11-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by HoLLaAtMyMaXx
is there any way to get that blow off valve sound in my max a couple of my friends happen to have supras and that sound is F****** AWESOME.... PS ILL NEVER RICE ANYTHING LOL
You can't just slap a BOV on any car - you need boost.

You'll never rice anything, eh? Your desire for a really loud intake and exhaust says otherwise....

Nevertheless, congrats on the Max. Keep it clean.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:00 AM

yes im aware of that.... but i herd some intakes can imitate the sound to a pont is this true?
Old 11-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Read the stickies and FAQ's there "FANATIC"

Proph