4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Those who had only WSP stage 1 SFCs and then went to stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Chassis Freak

There are only two stages for the 4th gen. If you didn't weld on Stage I it wouldn't do nearly as much good, I suspect. Stage II is bolt on so you can easily remove it access the exhaust.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:48 PM

how would you guys compare this to the tierod thing matt blemco sells? get both for super stiffy?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:54 PM

i was wondering this myself. i would guess the sfc would be better.. the other seem to like its a step up from just having a fstb, only stiffening the front of the car more, and not so much the entire frame. correct me if im wrong
Old 01-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Chassis Freak

I have the LTB and it's great. It does the same thing as a FSTB except from the bottom, and you notice much more of a difference. I barely noticed any difference with my FSTB. With the LTB the car handles much better and feels firmer in turns. You can see the LTB if you are looking at your car from a very low angle but the only time I've ever scraped it is on the hump of a bad gravel road. It won't scrape around town.

I think the ideal chassis mod setup for the 4th gen is FSTB, RSTB, LTB, and SFCs (no RSB).
Old 01-24-2005, 09:10 PM

yeah i was thinking about getting the LTB instead of the SFC, but i never thought about getting both, i want to upgrade my steering and suspension as much as possiable, currently i have FSTB, RSB, illumina kit. was thinking about adding both of these and some ground control.

one question y not stiffen up the back with the RSB? also somone told me to take out my front sway bay and leave the RSB...
Old 01-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Chassis Freak

To answer your question about why not RSB, click the third link in post #34 of this thread and read Dave B's two posts in that thread....
Old 01-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Get the SFCs. They're one of the best mods I ever did. You get an improved ride and better handling. Period. The LTB won't work anything like the SFCs will. The SFCs really help the rear beam suspension out because they stiffen the frame rails where the beam control arms mount.

The only downside to the SFCs was that they have to be welded. They can be removed, but they're worthless after that because of the way they mount to the rear of the car.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by VQuick
There are only two stages for the 4th gen. If you didn't weld on Stage I it wouldn't do nearly as much good, I suspect. Stage II is bolt on so you can easily remove it access the exhaust.
I know they weld the stage 1 thats fine. Stage 2 crosses the exhuast. If you read the directions on how to install it, there is a stage 3.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Chassis Freak

The instructions are generic. If you look at the 4th gen SFC page, they only list two stages: http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/gen4subframes.htm

5th gen Maxima SFCs have three stages: http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/sfcgen5/sfcgen5.htm
Old 01-25-2005, 06:46 PM

oh ok cool, I only have to pay $300 then. $200 for 1 and 2 stage and $100 for install.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:40 PM

well just to keep people updated if anyone is watching. i emailed warpspeed about 2 days ago, and did not get a response. so today i called there number and spoke with someone. not sure who it was, but she said that they are in the process of " reworking " there sfc system. so i can only assume its going to be a slighty different design that will work for the better. i asked if any of the old sets were in stock and got a dissappointing no for an answer. lol.. she did tell me that the new ones are expected to be complete within a few weeks. i made sure to leave my name and phone # so they can call me as soon as that happens. i dont want to take a chance of waiting, and having the new ones sold out before i get a chance to order. i suggest that it anyone else wants there that they do the same.. these will be on my car as soon as they become available again...
Old 01-25-2005, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dave B
Get the SFCs. They're one of the best mods I ever did. You get an improved ride and better handling. Period. The LTB won't work anything like the SFCs will. The SFCs really help the rear beam suspension out because they stiffen the frame rails where the beam control arms mount.

The only downside to the SFCs was that they have to be welded. They can be removed, but they're worthless after that because of the way they mount to the rear of the car.

dave b congrates on the g35

what are your thought on removing the front stock sway bar and leaving the stock rear one on?
Old 01-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Stuntin' 101
so today i called there number and spoke with someone. not sure who it was, but she said that they are in the process of " reworking " there sfc system.
They told me they hoped they'd be ready in September. ilacuss said when he talked to them they had them in stock. Sounds like they might be giving some conflicting information. I kinda gave up and found other things to spend my money on. I've just kinda been waiting to hear that someone has actually received them from Warpspeed recently. I can't wait to get them, though. My last tire choice leaded me to go with 225/45-17s, coming from 225/55-16s. The loss of sidewall definitely made bumps a lot worse. On a side note, I love my Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s as far as traction goes, though. They came out in 225/50-17s after I got mine, which I plan on getting when I wear mine out. I'd love to improve the ride of the car over bumps regardless of tire choice, though. I'm sure I'll love the SFCs when I finally get them.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Chassis Freak

Well, Dallas at Warpspeed e-mailed me back in about 24 hours...damn, I guess I'm lucky. Here's what he said:

Tom:
We have redesigned the stage two slightly using stainless material to lighten it up a little, the stage one is basically unchanged other than we changed one end of the tubes slightly to make them weld on a little easier.
We are just about ready to start them in production once again. We may have a few stage one kits available now.
regards
Dallas

Dallas,

I'm very interested in getting the SFCs you make for the 4th gen Maxima in the next few months. I've heard around Maxima.org that you guys recently redesigned these but they are now available again. Could you tell me what you changed in the design and if they are in fact available now?

Thanks for your time.

Tom

Since Stage I makes the most difference, those of you who want SFCs now should go ahead and order them, you can bolt on Stage II later.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:16 PM

vquick try to get wsp to get a gd going on these at crazy midnight madness type prices
Old 01-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Chassis Freak

I just sent him an e-mail asking about that, although I didn't mention crazy midnight madness type prices....
Old 01-26-2005, 09:29 PM

Damn, reading this thread REALLY wants me to order a SFC. Mmm mmm mm. *homer simpson voice* Stiff chassis
Old 01-30-2005, 01:45 PM

anyone get anymore info on these? if hes saying he has stage ones available im gonna go ahead and email and call him again..

reason im posting again, is that after looking at all the pics, and thinking about it for a while, i had a questiont hat came to mind.. after these are installed, is a 4 post lift the only lift that can be used on the car from now on? one of the tire places nearby just has a lift thats basically like a flat platform you drive onto ( unless im mistaken), and im thinking that i wouldnt be able to let someone use a lift like that again.. am i correct?
Old 01-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Conecarver

Originally Posted by goodhead
what are your thought on removing the front stock sway bar and leaving the stock rear one on?
Good idea - but you're gonna need much stiffer springs to compensate for the added front roll.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by BEJAY1
Good idea - but you're gonna need much stiffer springs to compensate for the added front roll.

stiffer than stock or aftermarket? im on tokico kit now thinking aobut ground controls
Old 01-30-2005, 11:09 PM
Hooooooonda.....

anyone get anymore info on these? if hes saying he has stage ones available im gonna go ahead and email and call him again..

reason im posting again, is that after looking at all the pics, and thinking about it for a while, i had a questiont hat came to mind.. after these are installed, is a 4 post lift the only lift that can be used on the car from now on? one of the tire places nearby just has a lift thats basically like a flat platform you drive onto ( unless im mistaken), and im thinking that i wouldnt be able to let someone use a lift like that again.. am i correct?
Isn't that a 4 post lift? As long as the car is on it's tires while lifted instead of being supportd by the frame it should be fine. I think you had it confused with one of those that has the the 2 square pads on each side that they put under the body to lift the car.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:06 AM
Conecarver

Originally Posted by goodhead
stiffer than stock or aftermarket? im on tokico kit now thinking aobut ground controls
Much stiffer than most aftermarket - like 500lbs+.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
Isn't that a 4 post lift? As long as the car is on it's tires while lifted instead of being supportd by the frame it should be fine. I think you had it confused with one of those that has the the 2 square pads on each side that they put under the body to lift the car.
no idea.. mabye it is..
Old 02-03-2005, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by BEJAY1
Much stiffer than most aftermarket - like 500lbs+.
hmm i guess ill try taking it off when if i go with the GC
Old 02-04-2005, 08:06 AM
SLOW

I ended up paying $250 to get my last set of SFCs installed back in 02. Expensive but I was in a time crunch for a track day. I actually liked having the stage 2 on there unlike some people who disliked it because it limited access to their exhaust... I removed a stock exhaust and cat and installed an aftermarket exhaust, test pipe, messed with the Ypipe, etc and never had an issue with the stage 2's being in the way. They are also good for protecting low cars against speed bumps ripping your exhaust off if your exhaust hangs a little low like mine does.

Performance-wise there is nothing but good that comes from the SFCs. A more compliant ride (ie less rattles, less jerkiness over railroad tracks, etc) and better handling.

goodhead why are you planning on removing the front sway bar in lieu of getting a rear swaybar? or are you doing both?
Old 02-04-2005, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
I ended up paying $250 to get my last set of SFCs installed back in 02. Expensive but I was in a time crunch for a track day. I actually liked having the stage 2 on there unlike some people who disliked it because it limited access to their exhaust... I removed a stock exhaust and cat and installed an aftermarket exhaust, test pipe, messed with the Ypipe, etc and never had an issue with the stage 2's being in the way. They are also good for protecting low cars against speed bumps ripping your exhaust off if your exhaust hangs a little low like mine does.

Performance-wise there is nothing but good that comes from the SFCs. A more compliant ride (ie less rattles, less jerkiness over railroad tracks, etc) and better handling.

goodhead why are you planning on removing the front sway bar in lieu of getting a rear swaybar? or are you doing both?
i have a stillen sway bar along with the stock one, i was told beacuse of my firm damping settings addition sway bar in the back is doing more bad than good, also someone told me i might be better off removing my front sway bar as well and jsut have the stock rear one. i dont know if the handling will be improved or not but i guess ill give it a try
Old 02-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Chassis Freak

I really doubt you're gonna like it without any FSB, but give it a try and report back if you like!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by VQuick
I really doubt you're gonna like it without any FSB, but give it a try and report back if you like!

yeah i be the newbie geunie pig , prob will be a while ill do it when i swap out my steering rack
Old 02-04-2005, 08:52 PM

well today, for the hell of it, i called wsp again. i told them i saw on a forum, that there might be a possiblity of some stage 1 kits laying around. the woman, i will assume his wife??, took down my number, called dallas, and called me back. the message that was relayed was that he had no idea where someone got the idea there was any stage one kits available.. well anyway, she told me her car would be in his shop next week, and that mabye in 2 weeks the kits would be ready.. anyone intrested in organizing a group deal for the stage 1 kits????
Old 02-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Chassis Freak

I want both stage I & II, but not for a few months.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:37 AM
OG :)

i removed stage 2 due to rubbing... didnt seem to do much
Old 02-05-2005, 11:57 AM

well today, for the hell of it, i called wsp again. i told them i saw on a forum, that there might be a possiblity of some stage 1 kits laying around. the woman, i will assume his wife??, took down my number, called dallas, and called me back. the message that was relayed was that he had no idea where someone got the idea there was any stage one kits available.. well anyway, she told me her car would be in his shop next week, and that mabye in 2 weeks the kits would be ready.. anyone intrested in organizing a group deal for the stage 1 kits????
Yes, somebody should definetly organize a group deal on these. There seems to be enough interest by gauging the responses in this thread and maybe this would get WSP motivated to build some more SFC's
Old 02-05-2005, 09:44 PM

I'm down...
Old 02-05-2005, 10:02 PM
no more maxima...

Has anyone had major rusting issues with them? I am afraid if I get these installed salt would destroy them.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:24 PM
vsamoylov

Originally Posted by kingrukus
Has anyone had major rusting issues with them? I am afraid if I get these installed salt would destroy them.

so spray it with body undercoating that 3m sells in a can. same stuff the yuse to undercoat the body of the car.

Old 02-05-2005, 10:41 PM

is there anything 3M doesn't make....lol
Old 02-06-2005, 12:28 AM

im tired of waiting... i want them now
Old 02-06-2005, 08:07 AM

that underbody car stuff is pretty ugly, I would want mine painted or something.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Chassis Freak

It's less ugly than rust, and it's also underneath your car where only you will see it. I'm acutally going to buy some of this stuff today. I assume it's black, and most of what's under the car is black already so how could it be ugly?
Old 02-06-2005, 03:14 PM
SLOW

Of course they will rust if you don't coat/paint them. I didn't do either, just installed bare and yes they rusted, surface rust only it's not like they were getting structurally weaker to any noticeable degree. If I got them again I would have them powdercoated, it would cost like $50 probably.

Quick Reply: Those who had only WSP stage 1 SFCs and then went to stage 2