4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

DTM help

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 02:29 PM
What was that?

DTM help

I'm going to do the DTM mod this weekend and I'm a little confused with the how to... "Now you must pull the orange piece of plastic out of the turn signal assemblies and the clear piece out of the reverse. You should be able to just pull. You will not need these again. Do not pull the clear pieces from the upper half of the tails where the brake lights are. This makes the light spectrum more spread out."... Are these plastic peices on the Housings or the lenses?

Another question. I'm also planning on the doing the AE headlights. What kind of paint should I use on them?
Old 12-15-2004, 02:42 PM
^ Jeff™

The white and amber 'pieces' are connected to the housing itself.

AE headlights...use what you want. I used gloss-black and it turned out really nice. You don't need any hightemp paint or anything special like that. A primer will also help it look better too. Just don't use some cheap spraypaint.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Caracicatriz
I'm going to do the DTM mod this weekend and I'm a little confused with the how to... "Now you must pull the orange piece of plastic out of the turn signal assemblies and the clear piece out of the reverse. You should be able to just pull. You will not need these again. Do not pull the clear pieces from the upper half of the tails where the brake lights are. This makes the light spectrum more spread out."... Are these plastic peices on the Housings or the lenses?

Another question. I'm also planning on the doing the AE headlights. What kind of paint should I use on them?
The plastic pieces are on the housings. For the headlights I used high temp engine paint and you can see pics of both on my homepage.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:50 PM
What was that?

Originally Posted by Y2KSESteve
The plastic pieces are on the housings. For the headlights I used high temp engine paint and you can see pics of both on my homepage.
What kind of paint did you use for the DTM's? They look really nice. Also, Is it the same process to tint the corners and bumper lenses?
Old 12-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Caracicatriz
What kind of paint did you use for the DTM's? They look really nice. Also, Is it the same process to tint the corners and bumper lenses?
I used Krylon black paint for the tail lights and it came out nice and smooth. The process is the same for both.