4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Where is the stop screw on the throttle body located?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:12 AM

Where is the stop screw on the throttle body located?

When I cleaned my TB, and got the infamous higher idle, I went to adjust the idle. I looked for the stop screw on the TB, without much luck. I then just resolved to turning the little black screw on the IACV, which is supposed to be the back-up adjustment if something goes wrong with the stop screw. If anyone has a diagram/very detailed location of the stop screw, please reply. This is more of curiousity question, if you know what I mean.

Lou

I know this topic is talked about til no end, but hopefully this can clear up issues -- and maybe be paired with the directions in the stickies.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:43 AM

Ok, I just went back to the HOW TO faq's, and found the instructions I read to do this. It says something along the lines of "How to adjust the IACV" but then goes on to say to "Start the engine and adjust the idle speed using the stop screw on the throttle body to 650 RPM's." As said above, I couldn't find a stop screw ON the throttle body, but on the actual IACV. Is this stop screw the same as the black screw on top of the IACV?
Old 01-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This shows a Pathfinder throttle body, but the Maxima TB is similar. The throttle stop screw is just to the lower right of the throttle cable cam. It has a spot of red paint on the locknut.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:09 PM

Thank you.