4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 09:17 PM

need help

Hey I know this is gonna make me seem stupid but I still have to ask. How do you get the windshield wiper holder out. I want to take it off of the the car so that i can repaint it because the painted has faded off to showthe silver or whatever is under it. I couldn't find the answer anywhere in the faq's so please help. Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 09:24 PM

just cover around it and spray it over real quick, shouldn't take more than a coat or two. Otherwise, get a service manual cuz im too lazy and sick to go get mine.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:48 PM

You're talking about the wiper arms? There should be 2 plastic caps at the base of the arms. Just pop those 2 caps off with a flathead screwdriver then get your ratchet and I believe a 12mm socket (may be 10mm but I think 12mm) and give each a good yank (they will likely be quite tight...use caution so you dont slam the handle of the ratchet into your hood and scratch your car). Once you get those nuts off you will have to wiggle each arm and pull it towards you to get it off. Mine were a little stubborn when I first did it. Hope this helps...just reverse the process to put them back on when you're done