4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

how bout these 95 tails????

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:12 PM
DRIFFT MAX

how bout these 95 tails????

alright guys. u didnt like my stock taillight mod, how bout these bad boys, went for a new thing.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I dunno. I never cared much for that masking tape look.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:15 PM
DRIFFT MAX

hahaha nice man

Old 02-02-2005, 01:15 PM
will fly for food

or you could show them once youre finished...
Old 02-02-2005, 01:16 PM
DRIFFT MAX

dam it to impatient i need input!

Old 02-02-2005, 01:17 PM

need to see whatthe finished product is..... not sure what you are going for????????If you are going for the alteezas to match the car color on the inside (of lens) - I have done it already ----->> looks good IMO.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:18 PM

Damn... you need to get out more!!! That has been done before! You should go thru the forum and see what people have done first before offering your idea cuz this is getting really boring. Sorry.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:18 PM
will fly for food

well, post finished pictures and we'll post input...
Old 02-02-2005, 01:19 PM
DRIFFT MAX

i had class this morning and wanted to try this out.

Old 02-02-2005, 02:21 PM

I think it will look pretty good. I don't think the altezza looks too bad when it the car's color not the the chrome as the background. It reminds me more of a old Cuda tail or Correvette, not so much the rice mod that it has become today. It seems as though this may be a minority opinion here though.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:36 PM
DRIFFT MAX

nice ehhh...

Old 02-02-2005, 02:56 PM

Congrats your one step closer to being on Vin Diesels racing team.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:04 PM

While we're on the subject of tail light mods, here is, in my opinion, the only good looking tail light mod available for 1995-1996:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/429700/1

A bit too dark, but I would love that on my max.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Thanks for the pics of the altezzas, not sure what's different except that you painted them beige. Are you the dork in the last pic?
Old 02-02-2005, 03:12 PM
DRIFFT MAX

nope, it doesnt look right on a pebble beige. i like my ideas...
how do i sign up for the vin deisel racing team

Old 02-02-2005, 03:13 PM
DRIFFT MAX

hells yeah i just posted how they look minus tape.. i like emmm

Old 02-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Hooooooonda.....

In your case you don't have to sign up, you've been a member since birth and you have a lifetime pass cause of all the riceariffic stuff you've been posting.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:24 PM

wonder how it would look if you spray painted the red lense with some VHT nightshades and darkened it a bit (tint it so its darker shade of red). woudlnt look so contrasting (which makes it rice).
Old 02-02-2005, 03:27 PM
DRIFFT MAX

its not that bright and its not that gold, it is the color of my car and it kinda looks like IS lights.

Old 02-02-2005, 04:08 PM

Yeah i did the same and painted them blackk... look at sig... I think its the best this way....
Old 02-02-2005, 04:21 PM
DRIFFT MAX

i had em that way and it looks like **** on pebble beige max's. at least im doin somethin with my max today. what have you done

Old 02-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

I think it will look good DRIFFT MAX. Nice job. I like Altezzas, I just hate chrome. I started to do the same mod to my Altezzas 2 years ago and then gave up when I broke a lense taking them apart. What is the trick to taking them apart clean? What glue are you going to use to put them back together? Anyway, looks good. Post pics when you are done.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
DRIFFT MAX

yeah i got three lens off clean and clear, basically time and patience, then the 4 one i lost time and patience and broke it, i can fix it but ima try it without the lens like a tyc look, ive seen it done before, it looks good. I made sure to clear coat the crap out of it to keep it smooth. will post finished pics tomm. thanks bro!

Old 02-02-2005, 04:58 PM
DRIFFT MAX

that glue on the alteeza is ridiculous. i had to use a screw drive once the3 lenses were off to get the rest off the glue off the housing. errrrrr so annoing but i got it all off.

Old 02-02-2005, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by JClaw
While we're on the subject of tail light mods, here is, in my opinion, the only good looking tail light mod available for 1995-1996:

that dude should spent money on eye glasses not tail lights, hes parked on the frickin sidewalk.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:14 PM
DRIFFT MAX

holy crap that is awesome.

Old 02-02-2005, 05:57 PM

Thanks to your....I dunno how to call it , but now I know not to get an Altezza and paint it beige like my car. I thought it would look nice but not really my type. But you have continued to entertain us at least, well sorta. If you keep going, you might eventually run out of cash allowance because you keep buying spray paint, clear coat, and what-not or you'll eventually come up with a clear/red solution, who knows.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:59 PM

Some of the residential streets in quebec, especially downtown montreal, are cramped and that's the only way to park your car so noone side-swipe it going up and down the street. Same goes for some of the streets up in the hollywood hills in california.

Originally Posted by VQvroom
that dude should spent money on eye glasses not tail lights, hes parked on the frickin sidewalk.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:00 PM
DRIFFT MAX

wow i think we hit 2damax 's buttons he seems to be angry at us today. havent hear you doing anything constructive lately to your maxima????? thought sooooooooooooo.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:17 PM

Definitely would like to see the finished product.

I think for them to look even better, you should try and find a small red lense or cut one out of acrylic for the small circle at the bottom corners of the outer tails.

Post some pics of them done on the car, looks good so far, better than when the outside of the Altezza's are painted to match the body color.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:25 PM

for a good pic of black/red tails 95-96, click on my homepage, page 2 and scroll down to "Isa'a Maxima". I think it looks nice on the pebblebiege.

-Paul
Old 02-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Originally Posted by DRIFFT MAX
i had em that way and it looks like **** on pebble beige maxs. at least i"m doing something with my max today. what have you done
Originally Posted by DRIFFT MAX
wow i think we hit 2damax 's buttons he seems to be angry at us today. havent hear you doing anything constructive lately to your maxima????? thought sooooooooooooo.

Is that your excuse for everything? Whenever someone doesn't like what you've done or are trying to you go "well at least I'm doing something to my max, what have you done lately?" If that's your attitude then keep it to yourself. You live in florida, I live in 20*F. I might not be doing pointless, petty stuff like tails but that's only cause paint doesn't really stick really well in cold weather. I'll be taking half my car apart tomorrow, how's that for " what have you done to your max lately?" You are obviously a troubled teenager who is looking for approval from people you have never met and you probably never will. It's just pathetic that you take everything so seriously. You post pics of something that not everyone will like ans ask for opinion, yes you asked what we thought of them, and you whine and cry when we tell you they look like crap, they do mostly. Why even bother, really? Get a freakin' spine. Oh, and why would you start another thread when you already have one about taillights?
Old 02-02-2005, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by JClaw

I like how the tails look in the second picture. Looks darker than candy apple red. What color? what brand spray paint is it?
Old 02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Hooooooonda.....

They're tinted. Please stop being brain dead and stop quoting with pictures. It's pointless and annoying.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:50 PM
DRIFFT MAX

Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
Is that your excuse for everything? Whenever someone doesn't like what you've done or are trying to you go "well at least I'm doing something to my max, what have you done lately?" If that's your attitude then keep it to yourself. You live in florida, I live in 20*F. I might not be doing pointless, petty stuff like tails but that's only cause paint doesn't really stick really well in cold weather. I'll be taking half my car apart tomorrow, how's that for " what have you done to your max lately?" You are obviously a troubled teenager who is looking for approval from people you have never met and you probably never will. It's just pathetic that you take everything so seriously. You post pics of something that not everyone will like ans ask for opinion, yes you asked what we thought of them, and you whine and cry when we tell you they look like crap, they do mostly. Why even bother, really? Get a freakin' spine. Oh, and why would you start another thread when you already have one about taillights?
what u see as pointless might mean stuff to other people, i ask for your opinion not whether you pms'ing that day just say( i like it, or i hate it ) simple as that the majority of ppl seem to like their is always one stubborn person that feeds on dismissing every ones attempts at something different.
to the im taking apart half my car comment, good for nothing i havent done before, i had to change my cv boots a while ago, and now i have to take care of the axel's. And i have taken apart my egine before to fix my valve tap problem. hmm what else, i have had to change my transmission fluids, do all my own oil changes, and thats about it for now, my max hasn't caused me to have to take it all apart. so thanks friendly max owner. you should really chill out and enjoy your car and not be so rude to others. I came to this website because of the rudeness on forums that aren't maxima specific. You are just like the other people on the forums that i hate.
Thanks again PAL

Old 02-02-2005, 10:52 PM
DRIFFT MAX

Originally Posted by TheMax95
for a good pic of black/red tails 95-96, click on my homepage, page 2 and scroll down to "Isa'a Maxima". I think it looks nice on the pebblebiege.

-Paul
been there, had them,
i personally dont like them.
thus im going through great lengths to change mine

Old 02-02-2005, 10:56 PM
DRIFFT MAX

o yeah dave
troubled teenager no
im 19 going on 20 so your barely a few months older then me.
and i post because this a maxima site, i own one so i like to share it if you dont like me sharing dont look at what i post dave
hows that for spine DAVE

Old 02-02-2005, 11:05 PM

i think it looks ghetto the whole car becomes so dark its like why not just dip the whole thing in black paint IMO
Old 02-02-2005, 11:12 PM
DRIFFT MAX

thats not my car and it is a lil much. i dont like that look. imo

Old 02-03-2005, 12:15 AM
DRIFFT MAX

Will post pics of finished and on car pics tomm after class

Quick Reply: how bout these 95 tails????