4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

95 Maxima stock radio question, how to use the cd

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 10:56 AM
Steven_Lex

Hi Guys,

Just bought myself a 95 Maxima and love it. I am new around here and would like some help on enjoying my Maxima to its fullest.

The cassette-radio is stock (I don't think it's the BOSE), and the previous owner installed a Pinoeer CD player beneath. The Pioneer cd player does not have any volume controls and it is designed to work with an existing car stereo.

The Pioneer Cd player turns on, plays the CD, the cd time info is showing up, but I get NO sound...

I've tried every combination on the cassette-radio but can't hear anything comming out of the Pioneer CD player.

You guys have any ideas?

Thanks.

Steven

Old 04-30-2001, 02:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

did you check to see if he left any speakers in the car?? id check that. and if he did, check the wires that connect to the speakers and then to the headunit.. if you dont know how to do it yourself.. get the chilton's book, it';s good for a 95..

jason
Old 04-30-2001, 07:40 PM
Steven_Lex

Originally posted by thebigsadler
did you check to see if he left any speakers in the car?? id check that. and if he did, check the wires that connect to the speakers and then to the headunit.. if you dont know how to do it yourself.. get the chilton's book, it';s good for a 95..

jason
Hi Jason,

I checked everything and the radio and the tapes play fine. Its just the CD that got me all mysterious. I saw some pictures of the 95 Maximas that come with a non-Bose tape and cd player (as a second deck below the tape-radio) and all the controls on the radio look like mine. I figure that option resembles my situation.

What can I try, or buttons to push on the radio-tape deck to hear the sound of the cd-player? My radio-tape does not have a "cd" button.

Thanks,

Steven

Old 04-30-2001, 10:04 PM
Klamath

Just out of curiosity, try the following:

Turn your tuner on when there is a CD playing in the CD player. Start going through every possible FM station looking for the audio from your CD. The reason I say this is that many "upgrade" CD players work by FM modulation. (meaning the audio from the CD player is broadcast over an uncommonly used radio frequency, very short range of course)

Old 04-30-2001, 10:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Klamath
Just out of curiosity, try the following:

Turn your tuner on when there is a CD playing in the CD player. Start going through every possible FM station looking for the audio from your CD. The reason I say this is that many "upgrade" CD players work by FM modulation. (meaning the audio from the CD player is broadcast over an uncommonly used radio frequency, very short range of course)
That is what it is most likely.
You can visit www.pioneerelectronics.com and download the manual for that model cd player
good luck