4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

i hit ANOTHER cirb today!!!! F*CK!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 07:00 AM

i hit ANOTHER cirb today!!!! F*CK!

there was like 4 inchs of snow on LI this morning and school wasnt canceled. so on the way to school i was driving super slow cuz the roads where soooo bad. to make a long story short this jerk in a mitstibishi montero spots short about 15 feet in front of the light and in the middle of the right turning lane and the lane going straight. I was just getting into the right lane when he stopped short and instead of rear ending him i slowly pressed my brakes (but bc i dont have abs they locked up) and i slowly skid into the curb with my right wheel. i continued driving and now i have to hold the wheel all the way to the left in order to go striaght. im in school right now but i am taking it to the shop right after. most likey i cannot afford to fix it, so my max will be out of commision for a few weeks.

i hate life.....
Old 03-01-2005, 07:16 AM

sounds like you bent the control arm again. was that the same side that got hit before?
Old 03-01-2005, 07:22 AM

yup same side. i am soo pissed dude that control arm was brand new. most likey the sturt mount is bent to and the strut was also brad new. if the damage is over 100 bucks im not repairing it. i refuse to, i am SICK and tired of spending every penny of mine and my parents on my max, its simply not worth it. i have invested like 2,000 in repairs in 3 months.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:24 AM

damn bro, not again. sorry to hear about the bad luck.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:30 AM

ha, why dont you try to do this in a month This is what I did during the summer

-New alternator
-New belts
-New tensioner pully
-Full tune up
-Oil change (Lucas oil and GTX)
-New Tranny driver side seal where cv goes into.
-New Fuel pressor regulator
-Rust problem Cost about 100 to repair.
-New exhaust hangers
-Kenwood headunit broke paid 25 buck to repair
-Exterior side marker seals for the fender
-New rear engine mount
-New exhaust gaskets on the cat.
-----------
The following few months
-Rear valve cover gasket
-Mevi installed and everything cleaned of carbon/oil.

So your not the only one except my bill was a bit more than yours.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:38 AM

Damn thank God I have to deal with the heat only.... I couldn't depend on my ride in the snow... No one should depend on their ride in the snow... Anyways sucks that you bent the control arm, I did that on my corolla the part alone was only $30 and installation was another $50.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looks like you need to put more space in front of you when driving.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:40 AM
UCF Lexus

whats a cirb?
Old 03-01-2005, 07:46 AM

Curb?
Old 03-01-2005, 08:54 AM
What was that?

Originally Posted by deezo
True..... Also practice your snow driving in an empty parking lot. I learned my brakes lock-up point in the snow at different speeds. They actually lock up really easy.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:55 AM

when it locks up you let go and give it a lil gas
Old 03-01-2005, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by bijangxe
whats a cirb?

LOL, at first I thought he meant did a drive by. cirb vs crib.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm needing a caw

Looks like he hit a grammar cirb also.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:09 AM
This is a democracy

sorry to hear man, hope its not too expensive..
Old 03-01-2005, 11:05 AM
blah

When I saw the title of this thread I thought he meant crib not curb. i was about to say
Old 03-01-2005, 11:17 AM

Damn, AGAIN! You have some back luck on the snow when you're in the max. Hibernate that max and wait for the spring to come. I haven't move my car since last Thursday. Mass transportation is the way to go when there's a snow storm.

You need to get a job to support your habit...
Old 03-01-2005, 07:02 PM

yup im going to hibernate her. my mechanic had the car on the lift and he said that it only seems the control arm is twisted and not actually bent. so i gotta get a new CA. there can be more problems he didnt see though cuz he barley looked at it.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:03 PM

were should i look for cheap lower control arms besides ebay??? any ideas?
Old 03-01-2005, 07:45 PM

I hate mitsubishi's mostly cause its hard to spell
Old 03-01-2005, 08:03 PM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

Originally Posted by exit10
you can get remanufactured ones on ebay for 50 bucks, i replaced both of mine this weekend. they work fine and actually have a thicker than oem balljoint boot
Old 03-01-2005, 08:11 PM

Son of a . . .

Not again!! damn you just got your control arm fixed, then struts, So sorry to hear about that bad luck and the incident. Atleast you have experience and know what to look for interms of replacing parts and what to expect.

Damn I was hoping I would see another thread like this from you for a while check ebay for control atm, and if your up to it or have the tools you could do the install youself so that all you'll really have to pay for is a new control arm.

Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 03-01-2005, 08:16 PM

get it fixed then move to CA... no snow or ice here...
Old 03-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Sin

there was like 4 inchs of snow on LI this morning and school wasnt canceled. so on the way to school i was driving super slow cuz the roads where soooo bad. to make a long story short this jerk in a mitstibishi montero spots short about 15 feet in front of the light and in the middle of the right turning lane and the lane going straight. I was just getting into the right lane when he stopped short and instead of rear ending him i slowly pressed my brakes (but bc i dont have abs they locked up) and i slowly skid into the curb with my right wheel. i continued driving and now i have to hold the wheel all the way to the left in order to go striaght. im in school right now but i am taking it to the shop right after. most likey i cannot afford to fix it, so my max will be out of commision for a few weeks.

i hate life.....
Unless you have snow/winter tires, I have absolutely no sympathy. I'm tired of all the people wrecking into curbs and rear ending people and what not on all seasons and even worse, summer tires. It's people like that, that make winter driving dangerous.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:10 PM

Not everyone up north can afford winter/snow tires, this aparently is the case for him otherwise I'm sure he'd have some decent tires on his car.

I know if I lived up north and the wheather was that bad, I'd have a 2nd set of wheels wrapped in snow tires. . . . but thats just me
Old 03-01-2005, 09:21 PM

lol i got slicks alll year round buddy. believe it or not i cant drive in snow at all
Old 03-01-2005, 11:11 PM
VIP Maxima

lol i took a sharp fast turn tonight (makin a right) and my front tire hit a curb, car bounced, rear tire hit a curb and boom, it BLEW. lol

hopefully nothing is messed up

Old 03-02-2005, 06:34 AM

Long Island New York, hmm

Check out the junkyard at Queens, near Shea Stadium. They have a couple of maxima there that's total. You should be able to fine the parts there.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:07 AM

thank you guys for all the helpfull advice, yea i wish i could get some snow tires but i decided when it snows i will use my dads durango, or my pros POS mercury. also considering my tranny has 158,000 miles on it i can prolly easily burn it out in the snow. once i get it fixed i am going to be very **** about keeping space between me and the car in front of me. i thought those ebay Control arms where 70$? not 50$. my plan is to go and buy all the guys that work at my mechanic shop like a 24 pack of beer and he will prolly take care of it for me hahaa. you can smell the booze on those guys when you walk by them. i think it makes them focus or somthing when they work... well anyway thank you guys very much..

now that i thought of it this is why the control arm got TWISTED instead of bent.

when i hit my brakes the locked up. because i was on the right side of the road i slid to the right because of the crown in the road. my tire hit the curb parallel with it and since my foot was still on the break it basically twisted the whole CA foward and under. if the wheel wasnt locked up i feel i would have just slid along the curb.

thanks again.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Disco Biscuit

Check car-part.com. I got one for the gf's max used for $35 and Bags and i swapped it out ourselves. It's actually really easy to do.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:39 AM

bro not again lol. i almost took mine into a snow bank yesterday when i turned the whell and the car kept going strait, so i just let off the break and gunned it eventually they gripped the pavement and i got control back
Old 03-02-2005, 08:17 AM

sorry to hear that, best of luck getting it fixed!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by deezo
took the words right out of my mouth, Inexperiance is bliss...blaming it on the other guy is not the way to learn how to make space between you and other drivers.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:06 AM
brotherhood of tq

how can u make space for an incident that isnt supposed to happen. when do people stop that far from a light. he just made a lane change manuver and he had no way to plan for something like this. this is y i saw its a shame we dont have abs in our cars. this would have never happened to him if he had abs.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:14 AM

You'd be surprised how quick with ABS the breaks will lock up once tractions is lost.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Xugg
took the words right out of my mouth, Inexperiance is bliss...blaming it on the other guy is not the way to learn how to make space between you and other drivers.
BRILLIANT!! I drive, others are just another obstacle. You never know what other people are going to do so you make sure you are ready when they do it. I know around here in ATL most drivers suck and ALOT of them
Old 03-02-2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by vortechpower
I know around here in ATL most drivers suck and ALOT of them
Amen.

its so sad
Old 03-02-2005, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by vortechpower
BRILLIANT!! I drive, others are just another obstacle. You never know what other people are going to do so you make sure you are ready when they do it. I know around here in ATL most drivers suck and ALOT of them
Ohhh please come to s.florida, you'll come across foreigners, old people (alot of them), and teenagers that have rice buckets... I have theories for each class I mentioned.

Foreigners:
A) Used to driving in their country, and have yet to fully understand the laws of the U.S.
B) Scared of the cops so they'll drive unbelievably slow

Old People:
They're losing their senses and they become Senile, so they forget what each sign means, what's left, what's right, all they care about is the Green/yellow and the red light. Everything else they get their way cuz they think they own the roads.

Teenagers:
They're still in the Need For Speed trend, especially when that one import racing movie hit the theaters. They literally do 60MPH+ on normal city roads.

These 3 classes you must beware of, cuz these are the most common people to get into accident or cause them.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:25 PM

find the montero and destroy it?
Old 03-02-2005, 02:16 PM

buy some used winter tires off ebay , put them on and cary on smartly , that is the cheapest insurance for winter days on vehicle with no abs, therwise standby for accidents and money wasted on repairs.

Nick.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sin
Unless you have snow/winter tires, I have absolutely no sympathy. I'm tired of all the people wrecking into curbs and rear ending people and what not on all seasons and even worse, summer tires. It's people like that, that make winter driving dangerous.
You are exactly right man! Rather than do that next useless mod, buy 4 snows! Not 2! I was going to do a certain mod then decided to wait and went out and bought 4 brand new Toyo Observes back in October , They are awesome! The difference in handling, cornering, starting and overall traction is 100% improved! You live in NE. SNOW TIRES ARE A MUST!

Quick Reply: i hit ANOTHER cirb today!!!! F*CK!