4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Heated Seat Hot Wire Location

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 06:30 AM

Heated Seat Hot Wire Location

Does anyone know where I can find the proper power wire for the heated seats? I just hooked up mine this weekend. The car has the fuse in place for the heated seats, but have no idea where the wires from that fuse block are located. Would appreciate any information as to the location of that wire.

For power, there was an open ended harness just behind the shifter that I tapped in to. I believe it was a 4-wire connector with one hot all the time, one hot in accessory position, one hot in ignition position and a ground. I tapped into the ignition wire and grounded the system to the nuts that secure the e-brake. I'm not sure what this harness is for but it's still active with the heated seats fuse pulled, so unfortunately, it's not that. I'm guessing it's possibly used in automatic transmissions since mine is a 5-speed.

The heaters work, but they do not get nearly as warm as our M3 seats. Maybe this is just the case or maybe I really need to find the proper "hot" wire that leads to the heated seat fuse. Again, anyone knowing where I might find that please pass the info along.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

any luck? well I have my crashed maxima that HAD heated seats, and I want to put in my new maxima, but I couldn't find the wires, thus today I'm here looking into heated seats (how too's) well I will try to learn how to do this whole thing, but one thing i noticed the wiring from the heated pre-wired, goes from
passenger rear door-> to seats -> center console -> driver seats -> splits (one to driver rear door, and and everything goes to the front on car.
I gave up pulling wires after all that and left everything lose inside.

IMO I think there is n o pre-wiring for the seats, and the best bet, it get the wires from a pre-wired maxima, and just replace the whole hardness.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:53 PM

I believe there's a ground wire that goes to the b-pillar area. My car didn't come with heated seats, but the fuse is in place (as noted above) which leads me to believe there's an empty harness somewhere behind the dash.
I have the wiring diagram if that would help you.
I hooked up my "hot" wire to an empty harness by my manual shifter. The seats don't get nearly as hot as our M3. Did your factory heated seats get very warm? The low setting is almost un-noticable.
I'd love to find where the factory hot wire is for these just to have them on the correct circuit. I have no idea what they're hooked to now.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Ramius83

I know for a fact that the plug for the heated seats is located directly next to the e-brake. It is an empty plug, more so on the passenger's side. You have to take out the center console to see it...

Old 03-16-2005, 09:26 PM

I don't think that's the case. That's the plug I used and it was hot with the heated seat fuse pulled out. Color didn't match the wiring diagram either.
I'm using it and it seems to work fine, but I don't think it's the harness for heated seats.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff Bjerke
I don't think that's the case. That's the plug I used and it was hot with the heated seat fuse pulled out. Color didn't match the wiring diagram either.
I'm using it and it seems to work fine, but I don't think it's the harness for heated seats.
i know that harness it which wire on it is the hot wire?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by zack342
i know that harness it which wire on it is the hot wire?
lol..
Old 03-17-2005, 06:40 AM

anyone have picks of this empty harness for the heated seats im stuck doing this heated seat conversion my seats barley get hot and its cold in CT F***** snow
Old 03-17-2005, 03:57 PM

ok, on the low temp. the heat should only feel on the back (or butt) and on full power the heat feels on back and butt. whomen complain the it is really hot and ask to tunr off, for me, I don't mind (I like it hot ) but I can't say howe much of a heat was it.

well if it helps, if I turned the car on in the morning, and left the heat on, when I sat on the car, the seat felt nice and warm.
warm enough, that I wouldn't have to tunr the (heat fan) on to warm myself. (the seats were enough.

I traced the wire a little more today, and found out that it ends on the engine compartment (the whole harness) in the two relay boxes on the driver side. (I think)

well this project will have to wait, a few more weeks , cuz I'm had to strudy for some exam next week. but once I find everything out I will start a thread or something...

BTW if you guys can send me the file for the diagram I would apreciate guinader@hotmail.com
Old 03-17-2005, 07:24 PM

I've been asking for some info on this forever. I don't think anyone knows. I can tell you that I do not have the plug for the heated seats, nor did I have the plug for a passenger power seat. I'm in a 95 SE, may be different for others. Good luck on getting help, I've tried numerous times, no help.