4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

what is better?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001 | 08:10 AM

The Stillen SUPER MEGA FLOW intake or the HI FLOW INTAKE??
Old 05-07-2001 | 08:22 AM

better

Im not sure about this, but i think stillen just sells the Super mega flow intake, and its an HKS product, and the HI Flow intake is a stillen product, and from what ive heard the stillen is better and the hks is specifically bad because it uses a foam type filter that deteriorates over time and the little bits of foam break away eventually, and also it uses a cheap flimsy housing, but im not sure..
Old 05-07-2001 | 08:37 AM

Well if stillen isn't the best, then what is? Is weapon r any good?
Old 05-07-2001 | 08:41 AM

WeaponR

Ive heard the weapon r ones arent good either, when it comes to those intakes i think the stillen Hi-flows are the best, but better than those intakes are Cold Air Intakes but theres a big debate on that issue too
Old 05-07-2001 | 04:19 PM

I bought the JWT because it cost less than the Stillen... is there any difference between the JWT and Stillen intakes?

-V
Old 05-07-2001 | 04:29 PM

i remember reading a post saying that stillen stole the JWT design and put the stillen logo on it...
i figure both work the same..only difference *i think* is that JWT doesnt come with a K&N..
Old 05-07-2001 | 05:40 PM
ybelm620

INTAKE CONFUSION

I has a Jim Wolf Popcharger, and it is the exact same thing as the stillen high flow intake. Both the stillen And Jim Wolf are using K&N air filters. They just put there names on the end of the filter with the polished end. Basically its a K&N air filter with their names on it. My frind has a K&N air filter on his max, and his is the same size and diameter as the Jim Wolf i had. Go with either Stillen, Jim Wolf, or get it from K&N directly. Hopes this clears your confusion. I would not recommend any other short ram intake. The only available CAI for the maxima rightnow is the Place racing CAI. I know for a fact that Avalon Racing, Cattman, AEM are all making a CAI for the maxima. No difference they all use or will be using a K&N air filter. I have the Place Racing CAI and it comes with a K&N. Ypi can get it at www.cattman.com, or any high performance shop that deals with japanese cars.