4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

<need help with fogs>

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 09:59 PM

<need help with fogs>

i recently installed some custom enterprises fog lights and they worked fine for like 2 days but the next day they just stop working when i tried to turn them on they didnt go on the led switch goes on and off the fuse is good is it possible for them to burn out in 2 day????maybe thats why they are so cheap in CE.com any suggestions, i check the wiring and the grounds everything seems fine........btw anyboy knows any websites where they show me how to install an amp.....
Old 03-28-2005, 07:38 AM

idk about the foglights,, but... the amp possibly. what do u want to know about the amp? power, remote, ground, speakerwires?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:25 AM

i just put some cheap fogs from walmart about 3 days ago and they stoped working yesterday so i looked under the hood and it was just a fuse. but now they r fine.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:35 AM

well the fuse is good and all the wiring so i dont know wats left is it possible CE sold me some cheap fogs, and about the amp installation do i have to run new wiring to all speakers? and where does the remote go that has always been my big question?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:56 AM
suicidalspd99

to the remote wire on the back of your deck.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:26 AM

ok thanks but do i have to put new wires from speakers to the amp?
Old 03-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Maxima Owner

amp install= POWER FROM BAT. Ground on Chassis....remote turn on if u have bose u can tap into the power wire in one of the pods..if u have aftermarket deck blue wire on back of radio usually power antenna or remote lead.....if ur amping a sub the only new wires will be needed from amp to sub if u have aftermarket deck..is BOSE headunit u must use the high level inputs on amp (taping into speaker wires from car) or using a line convertor also need to tap into speakers from the car the rears are easy unbolt the pod and u can see the 2 wires going to the speaker use t taps.....then u need to run speaker wire from amp to sub....if ur amping car speakers all u need to is the same but disconnect wires from speakers but still tap into them....run new wire from amp to speakers....the amp it self.....i cut a piece of ly wood to fit perfectly in my trunk and screwed the amp to it and hid all the wiring under carpet....use razor balde to cut tiny holes in carpet to poke wire through to attach to amp and u got ur self a nice clean installl....i will PM u pics of my install when i get home from work