4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

my hands took a beating today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Team Ramrod

my hands took a beating today...

Today was productive day... I shaved my trunk, it looks pretty sweet. Took me 5 min to get the letters off, but it took me like an hour or so to get all the sticky crap off. I used goo-off or w/e its called and a blow-dryer. I also painted my valve cover and used gutter-guard to make a new grill. I am getting up early tomorrow and washing and waxing my ride so I can take pics tomorrow, I will post them on my cardomain page if you guys are interested. and I had a question... how hard is it to take the door pillars out? And that chrome trim around the doors? Because I will be painting those black fairly soon. I hate chrome and i think it would look much better black. especially with what i have planned for my maxima.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Custom User Title...

thought you were planning on selling your max?
Old 04-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Team Ramrod

nah i slept on it and weighed out both sides and im keepin her
Old 04-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by enjoyincubus504
Today was productive day... I shaved my trunk, it looks pretty sweet. Took me 5 min to get the letters off, but it took me like an hour or so to get all the sticky crap off. I used goo-off or w/e its called and a blow-dryer. I also painted my valve cover and used gutter-guard to make a new grill. I am getting up early tomorrow and washing and waxing my ride so I can take pics tomorrow, I will post them on my cardomain page if you guys are interested. and I had a question... how hard is it to take the door pillars out? And that chrome trim around the doors? Because I will be painting those black fairly soon. I hate chrome and i think it would look much better black. especially with what i have planned for my maxima.

im doing the same with the chrome trim as well. The guys at the bodyshop says the best thing to do is to shave the chrome trim down, and repaint.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:29 PM

looking forward to pics- sounds like you got big plans
Old 04-18-2005, 09:22 AM

quick question though any way to take that trim off because i was looking at and theres only one screw holding it are there more or is just that one ?? i wanna take mine off and paint it as well
Old 04-18-2005, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by enjoyincubus504
im goin to do the gutter guard on grill and bumper. I want to do them in black not chrome. i cant finda write up to do the bumper, i saw the one for the grill! how they do that? OH well, send those pics. what color u do ur grill?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Team Ramrod

i painted mine gray. i sprayed some primer on the gutter guard let it dry, then painted two layers of spray paint on it. it dried fast. i put two "layers" of gutter gaurd on my grill. overall it was pretty easy, the hardest part was putting it back... i hate those damn plastic screws. i ended up stepping on one accidentally and the other one broke... so i replaced them with some ss nuts and bolts. well anyway, i painted the front emblem black, im gonna see how it will look with the gray grill. im not sure if i will like it, but ill post the pics tomorrow guys and get some opinions.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Team Ramrod

Originally Posted by BLaKtOut
quick question though any way to take that trim off because i was looking at and theres only one screw holding it are there more or is just that one ?? i wanna take mine off and paint it as well
i looked at it for a while, and i think it has adhesive underneath it, i could be wrong though. if im right, a blow-dryer and a flathead screwdriver should do the trick