4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Maxima VS. 1.8T Bug - Plus the best Prank ever!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 05:59 AM

My buddy got a 1.8T Bug not to long ago and has always been bragging about how good it pulls and handles and he's right. It's not bad for a four banger "chick car"- I've raced him a couple of times and almost lost due to sloppy shifting which just spurs him on all the more- He'll say stuff like "I can almost beat your 3.0 liter 6 cyl with this 4 banger and I get superior gas mileage." Always bragging about the gas mileage -EVERYDAY!! And he's right but I just didn't like the condecending tone so....

Me and a couple of friends of mine started putting gas in his tank behind his back everyday for about 3 days. Everyday he would come in with an even bigger "fish story" of how many miles per gallon he was getting -30, 35, 42,50!! IN THE CITY EVEN!!
A couple of days go by and we start sifening out the gas a couple of gallons per day. By the end of the week he was absolutely raving about how his gas mileage had gone to about 12MPG. "I can't figure it out" he said.

We were laughing so hard behind his back and plan to continue screwing with his mind for at least the next week or so.
Real Fun. Real fun.
Old 05-10-2001, 07:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Those things don't have locking gas lids??

ZuM

Originally posted by VQ Quick
My buddy got a 1.8T Bug not to long ago and has always been bragging about how good it pulls and handles and he's right. It's not bad for a four banger "chick car"- I've raced him a couple of times and almost lost due to sloppy shifting which just spurs him on all the more- He'll say stuff like "I can almost beat your 3.0 liter 6 cyl with this 4 banger and I get superior gas mileage." Always bragging about the gas mileage -EVERYDAY!! And he's right but I just didn't like the condecending tone so....

Me and a couple of friends of mine started putting gas in his tank behind his back everyday for about 3 days. Everyday he would come in with an even bigger "fish story" of how many miles per gallon he was getting -30, 35, 42,50!! IN THE CITY EVEN!!
A couple of days go by and we start sifening out the gas a couple of gallons per day. By the end of the week he was absolutely raving about how his gas mileage had gone to about 12MPG. "I can't figure it out" he said.

We were laughing so hard behind his back and plan to continue screwing with his mind for at least the next week or so.
Real Fun. Real fun.
Old 05-10-2001, 07:07 AM

Rep they do

He doesn't keep it locked at work, and since it's brand new we've just been asking "hey man, let me see your keys, I wanna sit in your new car"...sucker
Old 05-10-2001, 11:25 AM
rll96se

Originally posted by VQ Quick

Real Fun. Real fun.
Very, very funny!! But don't you guys give him crap on how much of a chick car he has? With that kinda money, why a Beetle (IMO).

Old 05-10-2001, 11:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I seen a guy that live around me with a red Beetle. Not sure if it was the turbo version. Anyway, he got rims and exhaust from what I can tell. One time, I met up with him on the highway. Of course, he noticed me and quickly tried to catch up. I slowed down, waited for him to catch up, and see if he wanted to play. Well, to make it short, he actually did wanted to play. Anyway, I beat him easily and he just kept behind me afterward, maybe thinking if he speed up next to me, I would spank him once again. Anyway, I too think that the Beetle is more of a female car. With the money, couldn't he get a Passat, Jetta, or something like that? They're in the same price range, right? Besides, those cars I mentioned look better IMO.