4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

paintt

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 08:09 PM

paintt

washed and buffed the shiiiit out of my car today and it was lookin good until u come close to it and see all the fukin tiny scratches.....damn that pisses me off more than anything....to top it off my mom closed the garage door today and the handle goes straight down on my front bumper and takes a chunk of paint off and leaves scratches....is there like any1 like maaco or somebody that would spray another layer of paint on my car or anything somewhat cheap that can hide those scratches?? thanks
Old 05-17-2005, 09:12 PM

yea it would be great if i knew someone who did paint jobs, has anyone ever gone to maaco?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:26 PM

I've never had any personal experience but I had read threads on here and almost nobody has seemed happy with their maaco experience. It all comes down to that you get what you pay for. I've heard of members having their maaco paintjobs start flaking away in as little as 6 months I believe, but I'm sure someone else can confirm this
Old 05-18-2005, 06:07 AM

damn man-My brother did that to my car too! But on the rear- put a nice scratch where the garage door handle rubbed up against it. Macco is a no go. Good luck I good place shoudl charge you 2-3 hundred bucks to redo the bumper
Old 05-18-2005, 08:21 AM
KH3 by popular demand

Best thing to do is find somebody that paints on the side and you can get it done for less$$$. Some people I know take stereo equipment (legit) in exchange for paint and body work. You should be able to get it repainted for $200 or less. As far as those hair scratches, it comes from just about any kind of washing other than hand washing, and the rags/washcloths you use have to be clean. at the bottom of a soap bucket when you get washing is particles of dirt/sand, when you use durty cloths you are basically 'rough sanding the car". You can have someone wetsand the whole car to take it down a level of clearcoat and rebuff it. I was quoted about $200 to wetsand and rebuff my whole car. If you got the money, just get a new paint job.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:50 PM

can you define what you mean by "tiny scratches" basic rule is that if you cannot feel them with your finger tips than they can be removed. what sort of cloth did you use to polish it? what polish/compound?