4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

EGR Temp Sensor??!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 06:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

EGR Temp Sensor??!!

Please....Need some advise from some of the org mechanics….

1999 SE-L. After troubleshooting and changing many parts while trying to locate/fix a bad misfire problem, I started checking the EGR system… I removed the EGR Temperature sensor did an ohm test and got absolutely nothing!!! I checked at both room temperature and in a pot of boiling water and received no signal from the meter. (Yes, I checked the meter and it's working) It just seems like in the sensor itself there is a broken circuit??? The strange thing is that while I constantly throw mis-fire codes, I never have received an EGR code, so this morning I disconnected the sensor and drove the car. Although I still had misfires and threw a code, I still didn't receive an EGR related code even with the sensor disconnected? WTF??

So, I am about to order a new sensor and I'm going to clean out the intake manifold and the EGR system… (While I had the IACV off I realized that my manifold is full of sludge) I'm hoping that this cures some of my problems, but I would love some input on this and maybe someone can tell me why I'm not receiving any EGR codes?? Do I possibly have a bad ECU?

Thanks…...

PS- About the misfires…Yes, I've replaced the coils with 6 brand new Mitsubishi coils, checked the injectors, use NGK plugs, cleaned the grounds…well the ones I could find anyway, did a compression test and although a bit low, they were consistent and still within spec and I am guessing that they are low do to the fact that I live at high altitude, checked the fuel pressure and filter, can't find any vacume leaks, and don't have water in my gas.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Anyone????????