4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

eletrical demons

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 02:34 PM

losing eletrical power

well to start im pretty new to these forums so hi everyone.

here are the symptoms. i think for some reason i have a lack of power. i have an aftermarket sterio head unit ( still stock bose speakers ) a sony cdx-f5700 (52WX4) and most times i roll up all four windows at once, it helps if the AC is on, as soon as i let off the window buttons the sterio goes silent, the track keeps playing and comes back on about 3 seconds later but no sound comes out during that 3 second period. is this bad wiring with the cd player? it was best buy who installed it. or is this a bigger problem. also sometimes, more rarely, when im coming to a stop or am heavy on the breaks the same thing happens. anyone ever have this sort of thing happen? any idea whats wrong and how i could fix it?

thanks.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:29 PM

How much power are you pushing into the Bose speakers? If I were you I'd install a grounding kit first to see if that helps at all and if not then take it and have it looked at (but I'd start simple first and see if the grounding kit does the trick)
Old 06-30-2005, 04:40 PM

it is pushing whatever power to the speakers it wants. on the face it says 52wx4 so i would assume 52W per speaker. Probably more power than they should get, ive already managed to blow out the front two.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:31 PM

i think thats your problem. if best buy installed your stereo, it most likely means that they didn't use a PAC-ROEM nis2.that item is needed in order for an aftermarket head unit to be used to stock bose speakers. bose originally as preamplified speakers that will blow without having the PAC ROEM-nis2. last time i checked, best buy does NOT carry this item therefore prob didn't install it with that item. if they just used a regular harness, then your speakers will blow because of wrong distributed power. hope that helps
Old 07-01-2005, 12:34 AM

haha, well i guess its too late for the speakers but that explains what happened. i still dont totally understand why the speakers cut out but that really does help.
im gonna get some new speakers asap anyway since its too late for those.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:14 AM

well, without running different wires to through te car, i believe that you will still blow the speakers. By running wires, i mean bypassing the stock and run wires from the headunit to the door panels. if you don't want to do this, (i didn't) then you have to get PAC-ROEM NIS2. its a lil expensive. and the shipping from the place i got it from was ridic. It came from i'd say 45 min away from my house. stupid ppl charged me $25 for shipping!!!!! i was so mad after they gave me teh tracking number and i found out where it was coming from. their excuse was because they needed to pack n the rest was for handling..bullcrap!

You should go back to best buy and yell at the people there. the people who installed the system should of known that they needed an adapter for this bose systems. remember, ALL bose systems require an adapter besides the wiring harness in order for everything to work perfectly. Or else, if changing the speakers n head-unit together, you can forget about using the adapter if you are willing to run new speaker wires to the door panel.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:38 AM

I agree that Best Buy should have known, but then again Best Buy sucks! Especially with car audio! I used to work at a Best Buy so I bought most my stuff there (cuz it was like half off!). I had them install it in my old 89 maxima and they did such a ****ty job. SIDENOTE: (I blew like 4 subs in the first few weeks and suggested that maybe the amp is bad, since the left sub kept blowing. BBY insisted that that couldn't be the problem... a few months later and about 6 more subs they finally sent in the amp for service and sure enough, the left channel was bad!!!)

If you do go back to BBY and yell at someone don't waste your time with anyone else but a manager, even then, I'm not sure what they would do for you. Just remember that they are responsible for your speakers blowing since they neglected to even mention that an aftermarket headunit isn't compatible with the Bose speakers without the PAC-ROEM nis2.

It might end up being cheaper just to fully replace the Bose speakers, I dont know how much the PAC-ROEM is.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:50 AM

i think i got my pac roem-nis2 for about $60 bucks. there's a couple of websites that sell it, but i only trust the ones that look like they're an actual store. and always use bank of america CC when ordering stuff online. they're protection against fraud is great.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:35 PM

well what i think i am going to do is just buy all new speakers. ive got a freind whos dad works at a car audio place and im just gonna blow a couple 100$ on all new speakers and if i get carried away ill get an amp and sub.

im not gonna go back over to best buy and ***** simply because it happened like 8 months ago. and i dont care that much. i want somtthing that will make my ears bleed.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:03 PM

ok, but just make sure they run new wires. you can't use the stock ones
Old 07-01-2005, 08:53 PM

rgr thanks for the help