4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Good Supercharger Price

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2001 | 05:42 PM

Anyone know where I can get a real good deal on a Stillen Supercharger? I'm willing to just throw it on my CC as long as I have 0% APR until January 2002.

Stillen's list is $3,947.00, forget that. So if anyone knows any places that can hook it up for way less that'd be great (they gotta take CC though).

Thanks

If I can't find a resonable price I might try a custom turbo setup.
Old 05-20-2001 | 06:03 PM

well i m thinking if i get contact stillen after this week. I havent talk to for a long time. I liketo help you guyz but the problem is the money transfering. im still reading about paypal, maybe theyll work.

if enough people want it, maybe theyll give us a better price, since we are talking about thousands of dollars here.

ill let u know, sorry im really busy with my work right now, and summer is going to be even worse.
Old 05-20-2001 | 06:04 PM

one more thing. even if there a group deal with like 4 or 5 people.dont expect a big change of price.
Old 05-20-2001 | 06:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Try giving Avalon Racing a call. They are in NH and last time I spoke with Paul he said something about selling it for low 3's.He said about $3300 or so. Their # is 603-425-2270.
Old 05-20-2001 | 06:16 PM

I'm going to Maxima Day too maybe they'll let them go for cheap there?

Yeah PayPal will work they'll process my credit card and you can get a check form them
Old 05-20-2001 | 06:21 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Guess your gonna keep the Max now heh Brian? Good. You know, you could always go the cheap $375 route, plus a few gauges, 40-100 hp available...
Old 05-20-2001 | 06:25 PM

Nah my dad would shoot me if I NOS'd
Old 05-20-2001 | 07:11 PM

whats wrong with Nos? So if something goes wrong you will have a big boom, so what.
Old 05-20-2001 | 08:24 PM

Originally posted by BrianV
I'm going to Maxima Day too maybe they'll let them go for cheap there?

Yeah PayPal will work they'll process my credit card and you can get a check form them

Good luck Brian with the maxima day, hey anything can happen. maybe theyll sell it alot cheaper =)

i can always be ur last reserve. good luck finding it.
Old 05-20-2001 | 08:38 PM

Right Lucent, well for a ballpark what do you think I can expect from your deal?
Old 05-20-2001 | 08:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BrianV
Right Lucent, well for a ballpark what do you think I can expect from your deal?
I can tell you right now there is no way your going to ever get a SC for Less then $3300, also I highly dow't there will be a SC at maxima day{they do not stock them usually} and if there is it won't be discounted less then $3300 probably. Believe it or not there is a very small mark up on the SC so a discounted price will be nearly impossible to come by. I tried everything to get a cheaper price but the best I found was $3300{from Stillen}. Anyways Good Luck and maybe you will get lucky.
Old 05-20-2001 | 11:08 PM

Originally posted by emax95

I can tell you right now there is no way your going to ever get a SC for Less then $3300, also I highly dow't there will be a SC at maxima day{they do not stock them usually} and if there is it won't be discounted less then $3300 probably. Believe it or not there is a very small mark up on the SC so a discounted price will be nearly impossible to come by. I tried everything to get a cheaper price but the best I found was $3300{from Stillen}. Anyways Good Luck and maybe you will get lucky.
i posted a similar thread to this forum the other day. I was wondering, if there was such a small markup on the Stillen SC, then why is it that the Camry/Solara/Sienna SC kit can be sold for $2200 (apparently, www.camryman.com got a group buy together, and at that price, there was 21 takers...)

also, didn't cattman sell these before? i wonder why he stopped?

-V
Old 05-20-2001 | 11:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by vmok

i posted a similar thread to this forum the other day. I was wondering, if there was such a small markup on the Stillen SC, then why is it that the Camry/Solara/Sienna SC kit can be sold for $2200 (apparently, www.camryman.com got a group buy together, and at that price, there was 21 takers...)

also, didn't cattman sell these before? i wonder why he stopped?

-V
I have been told by several sources that there is not a big mark up on the kit and also a friend at my local performance shop said there is just about no markup on the kit and if he sold it at $3300 he would only make a few bucks off the sale.

To anwer your other question of why the camry SC is so cheap, hmm, maybe the kit is just less expensive to make? Also there may be more people who buy the kit which whould also bring down the price because it can be mass produced.
I am not really sure? Good point though.
Old 05-21-2001 | 12:29 AM

I have been told by several sources that there is not a big mark up on the kit and also a friend at my local performance shop said there is just about no markup on the kit and if he sold it at $3300 he would only make a few bucks off the sale.

To anwer your other question of why the camry SC is so cheap, hmm, maybe the kit is just less expensive to make? Also there may be more people who buy the kit which whould also bring down the price because it can be mass produced.
Thanks for the info emax95... wasn't that i didn't believe you or anything 'bout the markup... it was just a curiosity question. I know the kit for the Miata's has been going up in price... Used to be around $2395 now it's like $2695,and it's smog legal , granted it's an eaton supercharger and not a vortech... if the price were like $2995 for the max, I bet we could get 20 people to sign up

-V

btw, apparently the Camry/Solara/Sienna one is somewhat sophisticated, it actually modulates boost in between shifts on the automatics to prevent prematrue transmission failure and modulates boost at redline. it's 50 state smog legal. i just thought it was interesting that it could be sold so cheap.
Old 05-21-2001 | 01:06 AM

no mark up?????? did he not have a shop 6months ago? the reason i'm asking you this is b/c they've raised the dealer prices 3-400 in the past 6 months for the sc.

brian im me, so i can you a chump!!! hehe
Old 05-21-2001 | 01:44 AM

Skimax...

As I sit here and flip thru your pic album for like the 10th time now, can you please tell me your exterior mods on the car... It looks perfect... Once I scrape up the cash, I think I will be heading in that direction... I think you have one of the best looking Maxes on the board... What are those rims? Spoiler? Ahhhh. Yummmmm.
Old 05-21-2001 | 03:03 AM

Brian:

I posted a reply on the other thread called supercharger price that sorta answer your question.

stillen keeps raising the price. so annoying.