4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

auto start for MANUAL SHIFT

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 09:04 AM

hey guys, I just purchased an auto start kit for my manual car, now, the kit is suppose to work with my original oem remote, so I can get any button to do the work, I will probably use the "light" button, since it's there for nothing

my question is, whether any of you have done this, and if you have, anything I need to look for, be careful about... you know, the little stuff that I should know

now, I was thinking, obviously I'm going to disconect the clutch thingy, and to make sure that it doesn't **** up, install a switch so if the car is in a gear, it would have a forced ignition cut, so the car doesn't role, that would be bad

thanks a ahead for the advice

Konstantin
Old 05-21-2001, 10:24 AM

Well thats actually a panic button...thats if the 95 remotes are the same as the 97's....but it should work as long as you disable it..

Originally posted by Vinipux
hey guys, I just purchased an auto start kit for my manual car, now, the kit is suppose to work with my original oem remote, so I can get any button to do the work, I will probably use the "light" button, since it's there for nothing

my question is, whether any of you have done this, and if you have, anything I need to look for, be careful about... you know, the little stuff that I should know

now, I was thinking, obviously I'm going to disconect the clutch thingy, and to make sure that it doesn't **** up, install a switch so if the car is in a gear, it would have a forced ignition cut, so the car doesn't role, that would be bad

thanks a ahead for the advice

Konstantin
Old 05-21-2001, 10:26 AM

You hold down the lock button to use the panic feature, not the light button.
Old 05-21-2001, 12:01 PM

I guess that is on the 95 models then....cause my 97 the panic button is the the "panic" button.

Originally posted by medicsonic
You hold down the lock button to use the panic feature, not the light button.
Old 05-21-2001, 12:26 PM

95 model

well, I actually have a infinity remote, but it's the same as the 95 model, the "panic" button has a picture of a light on it, when you press it, the interior lights go on, but if you hold it for like 3 seconds, the panic siren starts. so that's why I was saying that I should use that, because I would still be able to use the panic thingy, not that I would ever want too

Konstantin
Old 05-22-2001, 09:20 AM
www.autotalk.com

Yea i have remort start but i didnt put JUST the remort start. i went with the whole DEI-6500(Sidewinder) and i dont use the factory remotes no more. they stil work if i use em,.. i dont have no switch for my clutch(it is manual ofcourse) but make a habit, NEVER leave ur car in gear! I left it once.. nothin really happens as long as u got the hand brake on. plus in my thing, i have to press 2 button at the same time to start it, so it is not that dangerous and if i press em second time then it will stop the car.