4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

finally tinted tail lights...what you guys think??

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 11:09 AM

finally tinted tail lights...what you guys think??

well tuesday, i got the nightshades spray can and sprayed up the lights. it came out pretty nice to me, i only used two coats because i didnt want it to come out too dark. so tell me what you guys think. i also fixed my bumpers front and back.....here ya go

before

after

front bumper before
Old 08-11-2005, 11:11 AM

continued

front bumper after

rear bumper before

rear bumper after
Old 08-11-2005, 11:17 AM

nice job now to take off that type r sticker off.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:20 AM

like the lights, potenza G009 tires? thats what i have and i recognize the tread
Old 08-11-2005, 11:23 AM
V^___^V

yea...u really need to take that sticker off
Old 08-11-2005, 11:26 AM

damn you haters.....and anyways its not a sticker, its a legit emblem...ok thank you, and i didnt ask for comments on the emblem, i wanted comments on the lights and bumper...
Old 08-11-2005, 11:32 AM

how did u get the scratches off the bumper the lights look pretty cool
Old 08-11-2005, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nissan2k5
how did u get the scratches off the bumper the lights look pretty cool
i took it to a body shop and they repaired both bumpers and repainted them. the paint was too dark the first time, so i had to go back for them to paint it over, this time it matched up perfect. and i also told them to cut out those four pillar things in the bottom grille because im working on a mesh project. it came out looking great, and the tail lights topped it off.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:50 AM

nice max not digging the sticker but whatever. How much to repaint your front bumper? im thinkin of having mine repainted eventually?
Old 08-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Made in Taiwan

lame "R" sticker off the car please...
Old 08-11-2005, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by 96explorerxlt
nice max not digging the sticker but whatever. How much to repaint your front bumper? im thinkin of having mine repainted eventually?
it was $400 to repair and paint both bumpers which isnt bad at all, at least not to me
Old 08-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by One Crazy Max
its a legit emblem
How is it "legit"? Your car isn't a Maxima SE-R, it's a Maxima SE-L.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:14 PM

car looks clean now, love the color
Old 08-11-2005, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tatanko
How is it "legit"? Your car isn't a Maxima SE-R, it's a Maxima SE-L.
all im saying is that the EMBLEM is legit, not the friggen car. plus its my car, let me have it the way i want it. who knows maybe one day nissan will make a real SE-R new gen maxima....who knows??
Old 08-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Always sunny in philly

I'm liking the tails. You only used two coats?

BTW: it is your car and you can do what you like with it, but any maxima enthusiast will spot your car and will notice the badge rather than the nice tails or that its an SE-L. Thats why ppl are giving you ****.

other than that, nice job on the tails. How long did it take you?
Old 08-11-2005, 12:18 PM

wait....thats an SE R sticker?.............
Old 08-11-2005, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
wait....thats an SE R sticker?.............
no its an EMBLEM dammit
Old 08-11-2005, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Nismotic
I'm liking the tails. You only used two coats?

BTW: it is your car and you can do what you like with it, but any maxima enthusiast will spot your car and will notice the badge rather than the nice tails or that its an SE-L. Thats why ppl are giving you ****.

other than that, nice job on the tails. How long did it take you?
well it took about 45 mins with all the taping and spraying, and it came out pretty nice. it also took another 5 min to stare at it in awe.....haha
Old 08-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Bacon Lover

who knows maybe one day nissan will make a real SE-R new gen maxima....who knows??
What does that have to do with you having an SE-R badge on your Maxima that ISN'T an SE-R? A new SE-R Maxima wouldn't make your car any more "legit" having an SE-R emblem on it now as it would later.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tatanko
What does that have to do with you having an SE-R badge on your Maxima that ISN'T an SE-R? A new SE-R Maxima wouldn't make your car any more "legit" having an SE-R emblem on it now as it would later.
so would converting everything on a 92 sentra, to make it look(body wise) and perform(motor wise) like an se-r make it an se-r or just another sentra conversion? you probably wouldnt even know if you saw it unless the guy who owns it tells you. thats taking what i did to the next level, why dont the just get a stock se-r and hook it up. but you know if you guys want to continue to flame on my car for being unique, then so be it, i dont care.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:40 PM

I have a legitimate question. What do the turn signals look like with the tint? Are they still as visible as they were before? What about the back up lights? Also, has anybody considered masking off a small section of the light so that the turn signal and the backup lights are untinted in that area? Like a stripe or a circle of some sort? I'd be interested to see how that might look.. if you do the tint and don't like it how hard is it to take off? Impossible? Also, where did you buy the tint for the lights? I just painted my car and am interested in little mods like these for it.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by ionpcs
I have a legitimate question. What do the turn signals look like with the tint? Are they still as visible as they were before? What about the back up lights? Also, has anybody considered masking off a small section of the light so that the turn signal and the backup lights are untinted in that area? Like a stripe or a circle of some sort? I'd be interested to see how that might look.. if you do the tint and don't like it how hard is it to take off? Impossible? Also, where did you buy the tint for the lights? I just painted my car and am interested in little mods like these for it.
i bought the paint from custom enterprise, and yes the lights show as bright as they were before, they just dont shine as far as they did before, but if people are behind you, they will definetly see it when they are on.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Play with my balls

so would converting everything on a 92 sentra, to make it look(body wise) and perform(motor wise) like an se-r make it an se-r or just another sentra conversion? you probably wouldnt even know if you saw it unless the guy who owns it tells you. thats taking what i did to the next level, why dont the just get a stock se-r and hook it up. but you know if you guys want to continue to flame on my car for being unique, then so be it, i dont care.
That's not really in the same playing field. Sentra /= Maxima.

The only SE-R that I know of is the Sentra, 200sx, and Altima........? is, why would you want to downgrade to something lesser than a Max, or at least give the perception that you downgraded?

It's different if you were putting stickers/emblems of mods done to the car. ie....Injen, Tein, Tokico. But a meaningless sticker/emblem, is simply meaningless + ricey.

/done
Old 08-11-2005, 12:55 PM

i wasnt really going for something in the same playing field. i was just using it as an example.

ok hows this as an example. some guys put gt-r emblems on their maximas. yes i know what you are going to say, its an upgrade right?? maybe to some people, but its still the same thing that i am doing. and by the way the se-r sentras and altimas are pretty quick, you ever raced one, if you havent you should go try it. our 4th gens stock cannot keep up with an se-r altima, which is why i would want that to be my next car. and technically and specifically the se-r altima tops the 4th gen in probably all categories, so i guess in my opinion its and upgrade to me.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:01 PM

The emblem's TOO LEGIT, TOO LEGIT TO QUIT.
People weren't JUST talking about the SE-R emblem, they were also talking about your sticker that advertises your "crew", who just happens to be "crazy".
The bumpers look good, good price too to have it look nice again.
Lights look good, however, I think with a little more effort (taking the lights apart and doing the real-deal DTM taillight mod) they could have looked better. My .02.
As a forewarning: you posted pictures of your car on an internet based forum. Even if you didn't want all the criticisms, you were going to get them anyway. You aren't very new to the forum, so you should know by now that the average Maxima Enthusiast doesn't like to see posers (don't take offense by the use of this word), and using an emblem off of a SLOWER car (not even the infamous and highly classy GT-R badge) won't sit well with many on the .org.
To end on a good note, I'll say it again. Lights look pretty good, just understand what I said above. The redone bumpers also look good.

edit to rebuttle the above post (saw it late): You should also note how much people get FLAMED for using that stupid emblem too. (referring to the GTR statement.)
edit agian: I hope that comment about the "classy" GTR emblem came out as sarcastic as it was meant to be.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Play with my balls

and by the way the se-r sentras and altimas are pretty quick, you ever raced one, if you havent you should go try it.

and sorry, i don't drive a 4th gen, just wanted to respond to your post about tinting your tails. nice job btw.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:06 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by Deckdout2

and sorry, i don't drive a 4th gen, just wanted to respond to your post about tinting your tails. nice job btw.
please stop posting pics of my nitrous bottle.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by sloppymax
please stop posting pics of my nitrous bottle.
possession is 9/10ths of the law.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Always sunny in philly

i wasnt really going for something in the same playing field. i was just using it as an example.

ok hows this as an example. some guys put gt-r emblems on their maximas. yes i know what you are going to say, its an upgrade right?? maybe to some people, but its still the same thing that i am doing. and by the way the se-r sentras and altimas are pretty quick, you ever raced one, if you havent you should go try it. our 4th gens stock cannot keep up with an se-r altima, which is why i would want that to be my next car. and technically and specifically the se-r altima tops the 4th gen in probably all categories, so i guess in my opinion its and upgrade to me.

did u paint them from the outside or inside?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:03 PM
I Broke OT

It's different if you were putting stickers/emblems of mods done to the car. ie....Injen, Tein, Tokico. But a meaningless sticker/emblem, is simply meaningless + ricey.

/done

i think i got dumber just reading these two banter. it's personal opinion and neither of them are gonna change. just do as the beatles say and let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be...
Old 08-11-2005, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nismotic
did u paint them from the outside or inside?
If I am wrong and he did infact paint on the inside, I'm sorry. When he said he taped everything off, painting the outside of the tails was the first to come to mind. The fact he said he did them in 45 mins also set it off for me.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:24 PM

tails look good. bumpers look great, like new i guess i can say. the rest is all you. is dropping it soon going to happen? nice max
Old 08-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by BigLou93SE
If I am wrong and he did infact paint on the inside, I'm sorry. When he said he taped everything off, painting the outside of the tails was the first to come to mind. The fact he said he did them in 45 mins also set it off for me.

im asking too because it looks like it was painted from the outside...
Old 08-11-2005, 02:50 PM
99Automagic

/done

All of it is pose. You kids and your stickers. Keep the damn car clean. Most of us here have enough mods to justify a couple dozen stickers then I guess. Tell me 20 some odd stickers will look cooler than one se-r badge.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by 99Automagic
All of it is pose. You kids and your stickers. Keep the damn car clean. Most of us here have enough mods to justify a couple dozen stickers then I guess. Tell me 20 some odd stickers will look cooler than one se-r badge.

I'm not a sticker-holic (i only have 1, "Maxima.org"), but it would be better than a badge that doesn't belong on a car.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:09 PM

nice lights... i did 4 coats on mine and its perfect at night..
Old 08-11-2005, 03:51 PM

lets see a night picture. im about to paint my friends but i've night shaded other lights and they dont seem to effect the light output too much.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:53 PM
99Automagic

I'm not a sticker-holic (i only have 1, "Maxima.org"), but it would be better than a badge that doesn't belong on a car.

Your org sticker didn't come with the car either. But it's justified because alot of people here have it. Damn followers. I'm j/k
You get what I'm saying though.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:54 PM
kormax97

you stuck the se r emblem on the wrong place

Old 08-11-2005, 04:01 PM

looks like he painted them on the outside as well. and plus he said he tinted them. so that kinda refers to the outside. if he did them on the insides it would be more of a DTM. plus 45 mins sounds like a outside spray job to me.

Quick Reply: finally tinted tail lights...what you guys think??