4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

kuhmo ecsta 712 tire owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 01:35 PM
axionman

Looking for your comments on these tires, so far I have only heard and read good things about them, I'm not rich by any means and for the price commpared to other 235/45/17 tires they seem like good bang for the buck...
Any good or bad comments? Only bad thing I heard is they suck in snow, but I dont plan on driving them in winter anyway.

Thanks

Old 05-24-2001, 01:37 PM
I'm needing a caw

More information than you will ever want is contained:

1) in the search function on this site.
2) By going to www.tirerack.com and reading the reviews.

Originally posted by axionman
Looking for your comments on these tires, so far I have only heard and read good things about them, I'm not rich by any means and for the price commpared to other 235/45/17 tires they seem like good bang for the buck...
Any good or bad comments? Only bad thing I heard is they suck in snow, but I dont plan on driving them in winter anyway.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2001, 01:44 PM
axionman

I've read all that, I was just looking for personal opinions of people on this board..

Old 05-24-2001, 01:46 PM
SLOW

i have them

i own them in 235-45-17, and i love them. they are very quiet, grip well, have good breakaway characteristics at the limit, and resist hydroplaning VERY well... and believe me i've tested them on the hydroplaning thing.... puddles dont stand a chance!!
Old 05-24-2001, 01:47 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: ...

Using the search function on this board will exactly that. I have commented more than once on these tires.

I've read all that, I was just looking for personal opinions of people on this board..
Old 05-24-2001, 01:52 PM
axionman

have good breakaway characteristics at the limit,

What exaclty do you mean by that?

excuse my ignorance I'm new at buying tires...

Old 05-24-2001, 02:06 PM

Re: i have them

Originally posted by Nealoc187
i own them in 235-45-17, and i love them. they are very quiet, grip well, have good breakaway characteristics at the limit, and resist hydroplaning VERY well... and believe me i've tested them on the hydroplaning thing.... puddles dont stand a chance!!
I love these tires, I have the 215/55/16 and they grip extreamly well. I can pull out of my home and floor it in the rain and they don't slip at all, I went racing down a backroad yesterday and it was a little wet out and I was lovin the corners, kinda outran my buddy that has an AWD Talon Turbo, course he quit running after he saw me kick it sideways aroung a hard left one
But he gave me props on kickin a$$ on the tiwsties!
Old 05-24-2001, 02:12 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: ...

What part of "search the forum" do you not comprehend?

Many posts have been made regarding these tires in several forums. I would give you a link but that means I would have to work for 30 seconds. Since you're not interested in doing that, why should the rest of us?
Old 05-24-2001, 02:21 PM

Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by bill99gxe

What part of "search the forum" do you not comprehend?

Many posts have been made regarding these tires in several forums. I would give you a link but that means I would have to work for 30 seconds. Since you're not interested in doing that, why should the rest of us?
Whoa Bill calm down, that search thing is not that great in the first place, who cares that he made a new thread on it? Maybe more people have the tires by now that didn't post on the previous threads.
take it easy mr. moderator
Old 05-24-2001, 02:30 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: ...

Well search yielded massive amounts of info when I used it. Also the tirerack link yielded yet again massive amounts of info.

It's much easier for someone to be lazy and just ask without doing any research. But in reality, in the same time it took to post, respond to my post and sit there and wait for 1 or 2 replies, he could have gotton 10 times more info by searching.

It also reduces bandwidth and frees up more space for questions that have NOT been asked multiple times before.

I did extensive research before I bought my tires, why can't this person?

I have Kumhos also. They are just okay. The dry and wet grip was actually worse than the other tires I had.

Originally posted by GTRBlkMax97

Whoa Bill calm down, that search thing is not that great in the first place, who cares that he made a new thread on it? Maybe more people have the tires by now that didn't post on the previous threads.
Old 05-24-2001, 02:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: ...

I don't think it requires a brain surgeon to search all forums for "Kumho", "Ecsta", or "712". There are many informative posts with "personal" opinions. That's what he's looking for, and that's what a search for those terms would reveal. Since he admitted that there were posts here on the subject, he was obviously too lazy to do it himself. He should be aware that many of us have no interest in helping someone who can't/won't help themselves.

Search works just fine for those who use it.
Old 05-24-2001, 02:34 PM
axionman

calm down

What the hell is your problem? Is this not a place to ask questions and learn?

All you arogant *******s should relax and stop power tripping

Old 05-24-2001, 02:39 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: calm down

What the hell is your problem. Isn't this site set up for people to research as well as ask questions??

All you arogant newbie ****ers should relax and stop expecting people to answer repeated questions all the time. Especially when a long time poster has just given you the exact instructions to get all the information you will ever want in a nice manner. Ungratefull newbies!!!!!

Old 05-24-2001, 02:41 PM

Re: calm down

Anyone who posts:

"I've read all that, I was just looking for personal opinions of people on this board.."

doesn't really deserve my effort to use the search function FOR them since they obviously didn't do it in the first place. You claimed to have read all the posts regarding experiences by members here of Kumho Ecsta 712s, which is obviously false based on the contents of your own posts.

In the future, at least have the decency to say "Quick, what do you think of Kumho 712s" or "I'm too lazy to search and need the scoop on your thoughts of Kumho 712 tires". That would at least be truthful.

Don't hate me because I'm a moderator and you're not.
Old 05-24-2001, 02:44 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: calm down

I hate you Bill. But only in the nicest way. : )

Anyone who posts:

"I've read all that, I was just looking for personal opinions of people on this board.."

doesn't really deserve my effort to use the search function FOR them since they obviously didn't do it in the first place. You claimed to have read all the posts regarding experiences by members here of Kumho Ecsta 712s, which is obviously false based on the contents of your own posts.

In the future, at least have the decency to say "Quick, what do you think of Kumho 712s" or "I'm too lazy to search and need the scoop on your thoughts of Kumho 712 tires". That would at least be truthful.

Don't hate me because I'm a moderator and you're not.
Old 05-24-2001, 02:52 PM

Search is so overrated

Thanks
axionman,

Here's 243 posts on the matter:

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending
Old 05-24-2001, 02:59 PM

Ha! Ha!

Jeff & Bill...

you guys make me laugh.
this whole thing is so dumb. okay new guy just go do the search and jeff, bill...you guys need to chill!
Old 05-24-2001, 03:01 PM
axionman

Bill...Jeff..

Just to be clear, I did read everything on tirerack and did search and read some posts, ever think I might have been looking for newer opinions? Changed opinions? Or someone who hasnt posted in the past?

And what is the harm of posting a new thread? Is it THAT difficult for you to read? I never asked for either of your specific ******* opinons, so how bout next time you dont like my post or someone elses you just dont reply? Instead of ranting like total ********s.

You gotta remember a maxima is a car not a life, you should both try to find one.

Old 05-24-2001, 03:14 PM
I'm needing a caw

Okay just to be clear,
1) You did not read all that information before you posted or right after I gave you the info. That much clear.
2) What opinions were you expecting after 10+ comments on the tirerack and 200+ posts on this bbs?
3) I was a perfect gentleman right up to where you CALLED ME AN ******* FIRST. What would you do if someone ignores your advice and then calls you an *******??

Sorry if the truth hurst so much. And I will take your advice and remember not to answer any more of your questions.

Bill...Jeff..

Just to be clear, I did read everything on tirerack and did search and read some posts, ever think I might have been looking for newer opinions? Changed opinions? Or someone who hasnt posted in the past?

And what is the harm of posting a new thread? Is it THAT difficult for you to read? I never asked for either of your specific ******* opinons, so how bout next time you dont like my post or someone elses you just dont reply? Instead of ranting like total ********s.

You gotta remember a maxima is a car not a life, you should both try to find one.
Old 05-24-2001, 03:15 PM

[B]Bill...Jeff..

I guess the operative word is "some". Is that 1 post, 3 posts, 50 posts, 70 posts, 190 posts?

Or, how about phrasing a post like this:

"ATTN: Jeff92se. RE: Kumhos.....I noticed that you said BLAH, BLAH, BLAH about them. How are they holding up?"

Better yet:

"Looking for Updated Experiences with Kumho's

Hey guys!

I've been researching Kumho Ecsta 712 tires and noticed BLAH, BLAH, BLAH members use them. Do any of you have any updated feedback on how they're holding up and how they've handled the season changing, etc. Thanks!"

And what is the harm of posting a new thread? Is it THAT difficult for you to read?

No, but we hate repeating ourselves.

I never asked for either of your specific ******* opinons, so how bout next time you dont like my post or someone elses you just dont reply?

Well.....I guess I could always just delete or lock it out until you actually utilize the search function.

Instead of ranting like total ********s.

Well $##%@#%@ you!

You also need to remember that the English language is fairly extensive. There are nouns, verbs, objects, prepositions....LOADS of good stuff. The use and choosing of words and phrases is critical to how you present yourself to people on a board. You can either look like a lazy bum or looking like someone who is genuinely trying to get more knowledge. Try option B in the future.

I would have more of a life if I didn't have to sift through posts like this one, but I understand that was just a cheapshot anyway.

Here's a smiley:

Old 05-24-2001, 03:18 PM
axionman

Yes perfect gentleman is exactly how I'd describe you! There was no attitude in your post was there?

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Okay just to be clear,
1) You did not read all that information before you posted or right after I gave you the info. That much clear.
2) What opinions were you expecting after 10+ comments on the tirerack and 200+ posts on this bbs?
3) I was a perfect gentleman right up to where you CALLED ME AN ******* FIRST. What would you do if someone ignores your advice and then calls you an *******??

Sorry if the truth hurst so much. And I will take your advice and remember not to answer any more of your questions.

Old 05-24-2001, 03:21 PM
I'm needing a caw

Yup. None BEFORE you called me an ******* first. Just who insulted who first?

Yes perfect gentleman is exactly how I'd describe you! There was no attitude in your post was there?

Old 05-24-2001, 03:24 PM

Yup. None BEFORE you called me an ******* first. Just who insulted who first?
You did by telling him to use the search function.

HOW DARE YOU TELL SOMEONE HOW TO FIND COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF INFO!
Old 05-24-2001, 03:28 PM
axionman

great moderator

You know you really are a great moderator Bill, ganging up on new posters and acting like a real snob is great way to ensure this board is and stays a success. Once again, great job..

I know I for one will let every maxima owner I know come bask in the gentle warmness you provide to everyone on the board...

You did by telling him to use the search function.

HOW DARE YOU TELL SOMEONE HOW TO FIND COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF INFO!

Old 05-24-2001, 03:35 PM

well hey A$$HOLES, Jeff you did call him "lazy" first and Bill I don't think that "Well $##%@#%@ you! " is very good manners for the ****ing moderator. Just lock this thread and leave it alone!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 03:36 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: great moderator

Everyone already knows. lol

So you gonna get those Kuhmos now or what. You wouldn't want the same tires as an ******* now would you?

You know you really are a great moderator Bill, ganging up on new posters and acting like a real snob is great way to ensure this board is and stays a success. Once again, great job..

I know I for one will let every maxima owner I know come bask in the gentle warmness you provide to everyone on the board...

Old 05-24-2001, 03:39 PM
axionman

Re: Re: great moderator

I try to hold myself back from continually posting, but Jeff could you possibly suck Bill's *** anymore? I really doubt it...but keep trying

Everyone already knows. lol

So you gonna get those Kuhmos now or what. You wouldn't want the same tires as an ******* now would you?

Old 05-24-2001, 03:46 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: great moderator

What's a ***??

You think I'm trying to suck up to Bill???? hahahahahahahhahalolololololololol!!!

I knew him before he moderated a damn thing.

Can you keep ignoring my questions and changing the subject becuase you know you got caught in a lie? No but keep trying. Can you keep trying to look like a newbie by posting outdated and unfunny childish sexual remarks?? No but PLEASE do not keep trying!

Oh maybe you should keep flaming and ignoring the posting policies of this site. If we are lucky, you will get banned.

I try to hold myself back from continually posting, but Jeff could you possibly suck Bill's *** anymore? I really doubt it...but keep trying

Old 05-24-2001, 04:23 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

HEY EVERYONE!

HOW ABOUT THEM LAKERS!? cer:

In defense of Bill and Jeff, it does get a bit aggrevating to see 1 question being posted at least once every 2 weeks, it's even more aggrevating answering it in the same way everytime. Besides, an anwer was posted. I believe Tirerack.com has feedback from other owners of the tire as well...

In defense of the dude asking the question. He is new, he might not know about the search feature at all, he might know of it but not know how to properly use it, (although I don't see how u can get it wrong typing in "Kumho Ecsta tires" or something like that.) It's not the best way to welcome new maxima enthusiasts or org members by answering them in a not-nice way. Let them get into the swing of things before you start doing that

This is stupid anyways, let's blame it on the Kumho's and Boycott them.
Old 05-25-2001, 04:52 AM

Re: HEY EVERYONE!

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
In defense of the dude asking the question. He is new, he might not know about the search feature at all, he might know of it but not know how to properly use it, (although I don't see how u can get it wrong typing in "Kumho Ecsta tires" or something like that.)

That would be fine and all, except for his post where he said "(paraphrased)I searched and read the posts on this site already and I looked at Tire Rack's reviews"

It's not the best way to welcome new maxima enthusiasts or org members by answering them in a not-nice way.

Nor is cussing long-standing members. We all have brains. They should be used.

He was told to use the search function. He got b!tchy and fired first, so we fired back. That makes his actions right?
Old 05-25-2001, 04:57 AM

Re: great moderator

You know you really are a great moderator Bill,

Why thanks!

ganging up on new posters and acting like a real snob is great way to ensure this board is and stays a success.

Yep, and being a leech instead of a contributing member and leading by example will ensure this board's success as well. Keep it up.

Once again, great job..

Thanks again!

And you're on the special list of our most prized members. Your posts will be watched closely. Do you feel special now?
Old 05-25-2001, 05:01 AM

well hey A$$HOLES, Jeff you did call him "lazy" first and Bill I don't think that "Well $##%@#%@ you! " is very good manners for the ****ing moderator. Just lock this thread and leave it alone!!!!!!
You've been here long enough, so you should know better than to lie. Find the post where Jeff called him lazy first. All he said was to use the search feature. His reaction was his own fault, not mine or Jeff's.

As far as the "Well $##%@#%@ you!" comment, that was appended with laughter, as I was making fun of his bleeped out expletives he was attempting to use. I thought my manners were quite restrained.

And then you post up your own little smarta$$ post later on. Is that good manners on your part? Or should moderators only be held to a higher standard and everyone else allowed to remain in the gutter if they wish?
Old 05-25-2001, 07:14 AM
www.autotalk.com

I just got em in yesterday for my 18s.. so cant really say nething.. but the price is tight on them..
Old 05-25-2001, 08:13 AM
maximaR

Euro Car

I was reading an article on a supercharged porsche in EUROPEAN CAR ( im sorry ) and they couldnt find tires to put on the 18's they had on the porsche , so they got kumhos, they said they were very impressive , especially taking the price into consideration. I wanted to get Kumhos , but it would have costed me like 100 bucks more with shipping and them getting them mounted on my rims ( 17x7 katana concept 5's) i went with Yokohama Avid H4's , theyre really good too ,they were only like 120 a tire or something at NTB... theyre good , but only H rated , but thats ok , i dont really plan on going over 130 miles per hour in the max,,, not yet anyway.