4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New pictures of my '97

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 11:15 AM

New pictures of my '97

Haven't put up pictures of my car in about a year now, since the paintjob. So I guess it's time to show the updates during this time. A ton of the work isn't visible, ie. new injectors, but this is all the visible stuff. And I've also decided to finally sell my car, after 8 years, it's time to move onto something new. Email me at jeffkuo@evolution-autodesign.com only if you are serious.

Now, onto the pics.

Side shot showing the graphics and new wheels. I know, the graphics are a bit much, but it's advertising, and I did pick up a HIN trophy with them.

Front Driver's side shot

300ZX brakes with 13" Cobra rotor conversion. The wheels are 19x9" Rays G-Games Gunmetal rims wrapped in 255/35/19 BFG KDW tires.

Engine shot w/ turbo and polished parts.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:17 AM

Closeup of the turbo itself, polished SS heatshield, 300ZX MAF, and NX/NOS single fogger kit.

Valve cover shot w/ custom insert. Underneath all that are the 660cc Deatschworks injectors.

Inside the trunk w/ the custom painted nitrous bottles. This is a temporary setup, there is a fiberglass enclosure being built to hold a full blown Infinity/JBL stereo.

Shot of the custom molded in Audi TT fuel door (uses stock release). You can also get an idea of what the custom paint looks like, it's a metallic blue base covered in silver pearl with some candy blue thrown in.

Interior shot showing the custom metal work and 2 tone interior.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Maximoneypit

holy crap

that is so hot dude. i love the graphic of the turbo on the back. very well done. hopefully ill be joining the FI club soon.

hows that auto tranny holdin up under boost?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:18 AM

nice ride. good luck selling a boosted car with graphics on anywhere but the org.
but seriously nice ride
Old 08-17-2005, 11:20 AM

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the signage etc. is fugly as hell. You should have just kept the exterior plain Jane. Good luck selling it. I imagine there is a ricer or two out there who might be interested.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:22 AM

what ricer would pic a maxima over a civic, they arent that smart!
maybe you'll get lucky cus there was a maxima in fast and the furious, the guy does a huge burnout after he gets mad at the picnic thing.

I run a business and one of our products is vinyl graphics...Graphics are being removed before sale.

Originally Posted by Bobo
Sorry to rain on your parade, but the signage etc. is fugly as hell. You should have just kept the exterior plain Jane. Good luck selling it. I imagine there is a ricer or two out there who might be interested.
sunten1

vEry Nice work I also would like to know how that auto is holding up!!

Old 08-17-2005, 11:23 AM

More pics

Pic of the custom wrapped Corbeau A4 seats.

Custom 4 gauge pod, it's 2 2 gauge pods molded together onto a stock A-pillar. Color matched to the exterior along with C pillars and various other plastic interior pieces.

Center channel speaker grill. We removed the stock ashtray and cigarette lighter and custom cut a piece to cover everything.

Turbo timer custom mounted in factory clock location.

Custom capacitor mount in rear seats. It's a billet aluminum piece we CNC'd and mounted on a carbon fiber wrapped piece. Holds 3 1 farad Fosgate capacitors. Awaiting the rest of the stereo.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 AM

And finally

e-manage mounted underneath passenger seat on an aluminum plate.

Rear seats wrapped to match front.

Since everyone seems to be getting all freaked out over the graphics. Please remember, this car is a rolling billboard for a business. It does a lot of shows, hence the flash. I'm probably removing the graphics next week, they were only put on for HIN and some other shows, and people kept coming by the shop to inquire about them, so I left them on.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:29 AM

Last one, it's a front shot showing the Spearco IC and NX intercooler sprayer. I have to link it because it keeps showing up huge even after I resized it on my end.

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/...20Shot.jpg.JPG
Old 08-17-2005, 11:30 AM

The car looks great. I really like it alot. Espeacialy with no spoiler on it.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:31 AM

I swear if that was 5 speed, I would be all over it .
Sexy car, hope I get to see it one day before it sold.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:32 AM

Surprisingly, it's holding up quite well. It's the original tranny, never rebuilt. It's stock other than the Mobiltek VB mod, and a prototype LSD we did a while back. No slipping under boost, shifts great, etc. A couple of months back when we swapped the motor, we checked the tranny and it was in good shape. No metal shavings in the fluid, fluid was still clean. I was going to swap it to a 5 spd., but never had the time to deal with it.

Originally Posted by sunten1
vEry Nice work I also would like to know how that auto is holding up!!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Maximoneypit

Originally Posted by Shadow
Surprisingly, it's holding up quite well. It's the original tranny, never rebuilt. It's stock other than the Mobiltek VB mod, and a prototype LSD we did a while back. No slipping under boost, shifts great, etc. A couple of months back when we swapped the motor, we checked the tranny and it was in good shape. No metal shavings in the fluid, fluid was still clean. I was going to swap it to a 5 spd., but never had the time to deal with it.
what kind of psi numbers have you been running w/ it?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Mass_Media™

Sweet car....hows the tranny holding up with the turbo? I love the turbo graphic...it looks sweet....
Old 08-17-2005, 11:36 AM

I'm glad to hear the graphics are vinyl and will be removed. I think the interior is too busy looking between the seats and the floor mats. I would be inclined to change the floor mats to all one color for the purpose of the sale. Just my $0.02.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:37 AM

It ran 8psi on the SC for about a year. 7psi on the turbo for about 14 months, and now 9 psi on the turbo for the last 3 months.

Originally Posted by MaximaConvert
what kind of psi numbers have you been running w/ it?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:39 AM

I understand that the car is pretty wild, especially for a Maxima. But in my line of work, you have to be seen. The floor mats are just that, floor mats, so they are easily removed. And the graphics, I just have to find time to pull them and clean up the paint.

The car looks radically different during show season when compared to off season. All the permanent stuff is pretty clean, I just have to spice it up at events.

Originally Posted by Bobo
I'm glad to hear the graphics are vinyl and will be removed. I think the interior is too busy looking between the seats and the floor mats. I would be inclined to change the floor mats to all one color for the purpose of the sale. Just my $0.02.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:43 AM
I never narc'd on nobody.

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
Sweet car....hows the tranny holding up with the turbo? I love the turbo graphic...it looks sweet....
Originally Posted by Shadow
reading is fundamental.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:56 AM

Rice or not...a HIN trophy is pretty impresive.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:01 PM

Eh, it's just another show, only slightly bigger. It's all so random at car shows in general, there aren't any standards, so it's not like you're car is nicer or anything, you just got the luck of the draw. I stopped really competing over 2 years ago, now the car just goes to shows to advertise the business. I think I've got like 75 trophies over the years, unfortunately, never won any money.

Originally Posted by Capital15
Rice or not...a HIN trophy is pretty impresive.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:33 PM

looks really nice. i like the paint, rims, turbo, i like it all. i need one of those gas doors and that shifter. oh and i represent evolution auto design everyday. (on my back side windows) sweet ride. later

btw, did you make that side decal of the grey line? how much for one in black just like it? i might like one.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:54 PM

The shift **** can be found at any site, CM, SWA (Sport Compact Only), etc. As for the fuel door...

Yes, the side stripe was done here. It's actually 2 tone, the upper is a dark charcoal metallic vinyl, and there is an accent line below it done in CF vinyl. Basically a modification to the Nismo style stripe you've probably seen. Email me at jeffkuo@evolution-autodesign.com and let me know the details of what you want, and I'll get you a price.

Thanks for the comments.

Originally Posted by 95bkackmax18s
looks really nice. i like the paint, rims, turbo, i like it all. i need one of those gas doors and that shifter. oh and i represent evolution auto design everyday. (on my back side windows) sweet ride. later

btw, did you make that side decal of the grey line? how much for one in black just like it? i might like one.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:20 PM

Looks nice. I actually don't mind the graphics on there and I really like that blue. I don't have a spoiler either and I kind of like how it looks.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm needing a caw

Shadow. Sorry to hear you are selling the maxima. You definately were one of the pioneers here with one of the first few sucessful boosted maximas.

For the other two yahoos trying to dig on Shadow's car, please remember, this dude has been around here before you even thought about joining this site. So instead of ragging on his car that has more mods than you two will ever see in your lifetimes, how about giving the dude his dues and compliment the guy?

He's helped more people here than you two will probably ever will combined. Just because the car isn't some plain jane stocker, doesn't mean it won't sell to the right person. It's got a hell of alot of mods and the install and parts are done RIGHT. It's a shame people can't look beyond modifications that aren't your liking and appreciate the other 99% that's done spot on.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice ......
Old 08-17-2005, 04:42 PM

sweet ride keep doing ur thing
Old 08-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Doc
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Shadow, you obviously know how to work and rework a car. Although it may not be exactly set up to my taste, I give you props for one helluva ride! You have an outstanding vehicle. What will you move onto when you sell it? Wish my car was half as sweet and modified.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:00 PM

not really my style but nice car.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:04 PM
brotherhood of tq

im still drooling....what ever happened to your company making turbo kits for sale? i love the entire thing.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:42 PM

damn dude thats gotta be one of the nicest i've seen so far...good job man
Old 08-17-2005, 06:15 PM

sh***t nice as *****

how much you put on it
the interior and the engine look perfect
absolutely kekeke.
by the way its my opinion though, why dont you change the grill
to 97+ one( or did you chage to 96-95 cuz you like it better)
that was just what i think
nice as hell though
Old 08-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Sold

First off you car has to bee one of the nicest that I've come across on the org that is all done up. There are some really nice "stocker" ones too but the time and effort you put into this example really show. Well done.
Second, what car are you gonna get next?
Third, I don't want to e-mail you because I'm not able to afford that fine automobile, but apx. how much are you asking for it? If you don't mind me asking on this forum.
Nice job with the car.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:36 PM

Thanks Jeff, appreciate the words, it's always good to see people still here from the old days. I think I've been on here since what, '99 now? God that's a long time, all the old people I used to talk to are gone now, and I guess it's my time now.

I just figured it was finally time to sell the car, I've owned it since it was new 8 years ago, and I honestly just don't have the time to do what I want to it anymore. When projects sit for 5-6 months because I don't have the time, it's time to give it up. Plus, I've done everything to the car at least twice. 2 paint jobs, 3 sets of rims, 4 stereo setups, 2 different interiors, and so on.

And I don't really mind the digs, I know it's not up to everyone's taste, and I expect them. It is amusing to me though that when a car gets taken beyond the norm, it's automatically rice.

I don't think selling the car is going to be a problem, I've gotten very good offers on, but that was at a time when I didn't want to sell it.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Shadow. Sorry to hear you are selling the maxima. You definately were one of the pioneers here with one of the first few sucessful boosted maximas.

For the other two yahoos trying to dig on Shadow's car, please remember, this dude has been around here before you even thought about joining this site. So instead of ragging on his car that has more mods than you two will ever see in your lifetimes, how about giving the dude his dues and compliment the guy?

He's helped more people here than you two will probably ever will combined. Just because the car isn't some plain jane stocker, doesn't mean it won't sell to the right person. It's got a hell of alot of mods and the install and parts are done RIGHT. It's a shame people can't look beyond modifications that aren't your liking and appreciate the other 99% that's done spot on.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Jar
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Jeff92se

hell yea man I agree, your ride is sweet as hell! if you werent so far away i'd try to snap it up myself graphics included, Props
Old 08-17-2005, 07:39 PM

Thanks, and I know it's extreme. But I had the whole Stillen kit/drop and rims back in '00, so I had to change it up.

Right now, I'm looking at something along the lines of an FX45, or an M45. And if I can convince the wife, maybe a slightly used BMW 745i. Something more grown up.

Originally Posted by Doc
Shadow, you obviously know how to work and rework a car. Although it may not be exactly set up to my taste, I give you props for one helluva ride! You have an outstanding vehicle. What will you move onto when you sell it? Wish my car was half as sweet and modified.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:40 PM

We dropped the project because no one was willing to pay what it would have cost for a good turbo kit. Didn't want to spend all the time and money to put it into production and then sell like 3 of them.

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
im still drooling....what ever happened to your company making turbo kits for sale? i love the entire thing.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:41 PM

It's actually a Sarona Designs grill. I didn't really like the stock '97 grill, and I wanted to get rid of the Nissan badge, so I got this one.

Originally Posted by ghdtpdna
how much you put on it
the interior and the engine look perfect
absolutely kekeke.
by the way its my opinion though, why dont you change the grill
to 97+ one( or did you chage to 96-95 cuz you like it better)
that was just what i think
nice as hell though
Old 08-17-2005, 07:50 PM

Thanks for the compliments, the car has been a challenge. I'm probably going to get a luxury car next, like an M45, or a BMW 745i. Put some rims on it, and call it a day. I'm getting too old for this. I'm selling my wife's fully modified turbo Integra soon too, that car was featured in Honda Tuning a while back. Just getting out of the scene.

Probably looking for around $20K give or take. I've been offered more than that before when I wasn't ready to sell.

Yes, it is a lot, but as the car sits, there's approximately $30K in modifications to it. I think I've replaced just about everything that can be changed, very little on the car is stock. Most of the mods have seen less than 5K miles, the car has been a shop queen for the last 2 years. And a ton of audio equipment that's not installed. And then there's the shed full of spare parts I now have that would be included. A spare motor and auto tranny I was going to rebuild, and most of the stock parts that I removed.

If I parted it out, I could get close to $20K for everything, but I can't bring myself to part the car out. I'd prefer that it stays complete for a new owner.

Originally Posted by JSMax
First off you car has to bee one of the nicest that I've come across on the org that is all done up. There are some really nice "stocker" ones too but the time and effort you put into this example really show. Well done.
Second, what car are you gonna get next?
Third, I don't want to e-mail you because I'm not able to afford that fine automobile, but apx. how much are you asking for it? If you don't mind me asking on this forum.
Nice job with the car.

Quick Reply: New pictures of my '97