4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Window fell of track (or something) and won't roll up, help appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 01:42 PM

Window fell of track (or something) and won't roll up, help appreciated.

Well, my window won't roll up. It's the rear driver-side window. The motor works, even before taking off the door panel I could tell that it was still working. But it seems as though something is failing to catch on and actually move the window. It's a problem, because I can't take the car anywhere until its fixed.

Has anybody encountered this problem before? Could somebody at least explain to me better how the window is set up so that I can maybe find out what's wrong with mine? I would really appreciate help...

-Jonathan
Old 09-05-2005, 01:52 PM
KH3 by popular demand

This happened to me the other day, I thought I needed a new regulator until I took the door panel off and messed with it. The motor has a square "tooth" kinda like a ratchet and the regulator has the opening. With mine you could push the window up and down by hand because it was not "connected" to the motor. It just so happens that Nissan puts 3 screws on the back side to hold the regulator on the motor WITHOUT lock washers!!! Over time they vibrate out. At least mine did anyway. All 3 of my screws were in the bottom of my passenger side door. I screwed them back in (you will probably need a stubby phillips head because their wasn't much room to work with) and ghetto rigged them with electrical tape. Lock washers would be better but I was too lazy to go buy some.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:58 PM

Alright, thanks for the info. That's actually what I was expecting to find out for a while when I was looking at it, but it seems that actually the problem is that the plastic piece that holds the window glass to the vertical track is broken. ****. When I pinch the plastic piece to the track in the places where it is broken and then press the switch the window will actually roll up and down but will fall as soon as I stop holding on. I'm going to price a new plastic piece, but it's probably ridiculously priced. Duck tape might be the answer at least for a while... unless one of you knows of a better answer.