4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

MAP solenoid valve

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 02:15 PM

MAP solenoid valve

Hello everyone, I am in need of help. I pulled a code 1302-MAP solenoid valve or circuit fault. I checked vacuum at the intake manifold vacuum source, but it doesn't read vacuum. I checked the hose and it is in good condition. Did anyone else ever experience this problem? I REALLY need to get the car inspedted and I sure don't want to go to the stealership. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:03 PM

No one else has had this problem? Any help at all would be great. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have the same problem, no one seems to want to help. there is a post oin it at http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....highlight=1302 but that really doesn't resolve the issue. I guess I'll just buy the part and replace the whole thing. But it doesn't look like that helped the guy in the thread
Old 09-21-2005, 06:11 PM

Yeah I saw that thread earlier before I started this one, and I can't find any others that relate to the problem. You're reading no vac at the manifold source also? I thought maybe I was hooking the gauge up to the wrong point, but I got a Haynes manual and they show the same spot. Also in the Haynes, they say if there is no reading then the hose is bad, and that's all. They don't further advise if the hose is good. I don't know what to do. ANY HELP AT ALL GUYS!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

i could help but all my notes are at my garage. i redid all the vacuum lines and solenoids so i know it pretty well. but off the top of my head i dont remember where things go exactly. the vacuum gallery is a tangled mess and doesnt help matters. also the vacuum routing for 98's is slightly different than 96's.

i know the solenoid has 3 hoses, one goes to the MAP sensor, one to vacuum, and one to intake air. did you check them all? the ecu powers the solenoid which switches sources so the sensor can read the conditions. does the solenoid work correct? it will click when its powered. i have a black and a brown solenoid if you need one.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by JSutter
i could help but all my notes are at my garage. i redid all the vacuum lines and solenoids so i know it pretty well. but off the top of my head i dont remember where things go exactly. the vacuum gallery is a tangled mess and doesnt help matters. also the vacuum routing for 98's is slightly different than 96's.

i know the solenoid has 3 hoses, one goes to the MAP sensor, one to vacuum, and one to intake air. did you check them all? the ecu powers the solenoid which switches sources so the sensor can read the conditions. does the solenoid work correct? it will click when its powered. i have a black and a brown solenoid if you need one.
When you replaced the lines, did you purchase them as a kit, or did you have to buy them all individually? Has anyone else done this as well? From the looks of it, it appears to be an annoying task. How much $$$ should I expect to spend on these lines? I'm probably going to have to buy them from the dealership, I'm NOT wasting another day going to every single auto parts store in my area just to be aggravated by their complete lack of inventory competence .
Old 09-27-2005, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Blaxima911
Hello everyone, I am in need of help. I pulled a code 1302-MAP solenoid valve or circuit fault. I checked vacuum at the intake manifold vacuum source, but it doesn't read vacuum. I checked the hose and it is in good condition. Did anyone else ever experience this problem? I REALLY need to get the car inspedted and I sure don't want to go to the stealership. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
It does say thats its the map solenoid valve or circuit not neccesarily that theres not enough Vac.. most likely its going to be your MAP solenoid valve its self rather than the rubber piping if you can't find holes.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by killerVQ30DE
It does say thats its the map solenoid valve or circuit not neccesarily that theres not enough Vac.. most likely its going to be your MAP solenoid valve its self rather than the rubber piping if you can't find holes.
But shouldn't I still be able to read vacuum at the source? If I was reading vacuum I would assume it was the solenoid itself.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

i took out all the hard lines, which will not come out whole with the coolant hoses in the way. i made up my own bracket tand affixed all the solenoids (black, green, brown) and the map sensor. then i simplified the vac lines. i didnt buy anything. but i did use some extra vacuum hose. i temporarly mounted them to the coolant log just to make sure there were no problems with CEL's or leaks.

you can see them pretty well.
since there were no porblems i extended the wires and remounted them near the brake booster. this shortened the hoses even further.

there are only a few hoses from the get go but the vacuum gallery (hard metal lines) makes it very confusing. there are only a few hoses in reality; (my 1998 is as follows)
1 from the resonator (ambient air) to the solenoids
1 from the intake manidold (vacuum) to the solenoilds
1 from the intake manifold to the fuel pressure regulator
1 from the evap solenoid to the evap control valve
1 from the egr solenoid to the EGR back pressure transducer
1 from the map solenoid to the map sensor
thats really only 5 since the fuel pressure hose is sparate

if you had a bad vacuum line then all the other solenoids should trip the CEL in theory, since they all are connected together. the map sensor has one hose connected to the brown solenoid (see pic). the other two on the solenoid are ambient air and engine vacuum. my guess is either the map sensor hose is leaking or the solenoid is bad.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:24 PM

cool thanks!