4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

my maxima got owned by a Hundyi!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:23 PM

my maxima got owned by a Hundyi!!!

first off all i can say is what the freak..

Ok its been a short lived era of the 99 SE-l Maxi that i had!
well its still alive just very heart broken!!

ok so a month and a half ago i aquired a sweet maxima for a sweet deal..
it looked like this....the day i drove it home..

I got a lot of crap for the bra from my fellow friends and fellow orgers! ok so done deal, that week i decided to shave all the emblems i worked on getten the black vynal off the pillars.. i tinted the lights, and completley buffed out the car...
It looked somthen like this that nite i finished...

Ok so after that, my max is definatly on the way to getting some pretty modds, wheels lowered, things of that such...
I got bored with the stock stereo so i dropped to much on the stereo like always. Sounded good bumped...things of that nature..
so i went got my car washed an waxed this past week...it was looken all shiney and pretty..
so I agin proudly take some pictures of my newly aquired baby that is paid fully in cash i might add...that is on its right way for being a very nice maxima.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:24 PM

Until late last nite...when i decided to go get some del taco with my buddy. It just so happened that there was two cars in the albertson parkinglot next to del taco, just so happened that the guy driving the Red 2003 Hyundi elantra gls or what ever it was...decided to pick my car out of well the one car in the whole stinking parking lot to nail. As i am driving by, i also have to reitrate that i was the only moving car in the parking lot....But as i am driven by he decided to take his car and put it into reverse and proceed to step on the gas pedal like its a sticking **** roach! He hit that pedal with no remorse! Next thing i know i am getting broadsided buy a a parked car...i thought to my self hey my buddy is sitting on my side of the car...thats not cool...dang i think some one just hit me...sure enough i get out of the car and this is what i have to look at......
Old 11-12-2005, 02:26 PM

now i am gonna go deaper into the car with ya now..
this is a good door panel...

this is the side thats hit...

Old 11-12-2005, 02:27 PM

agin...the good side..

the bad side..

the rest of the car..

Dont worry hopefully things threw his insurance will be taken care of.
just makes you wonder what people are thinking when they get behind the drivers wheel...

so from the damage...fixable or totalled
Old 11-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That sucks man, you had a gorgeous car. looks fixable except for the bent panels.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:37 PM

omg the same exact thing happened to my gxe. A little more damage on mine and they claimed it totaled, not trying to steal your thread but mine was sort of like yours. it was worth about 5240 (what the insurance gave me) and damage excedded the value. You have a 99 seltd so for sure its worth more therefore it may not be totaled if damage doesnt exceed it. just giving you an idea how mine looked compared to yours
Old 11-12-2005, 02:53 PM
I Broke OT

i had almost the same thing in a parking lot happen. i was leaving my high school after a school play and had pulled my car outta the spot and waited for some people to walk across the aisle to their car. the some lady, not backing out, but driving forward outta her sop hit my left rear quater panel.

i mean, i was right in front of her and she hit me with her front right corner!
she gets out and just says sorry and was about to walk away when i say: we should probably do something about this!
oh, i guess...

my first 'accident'. i was steamin. her insurance did cover it. good thing you got the other guy's info and such.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:01 PM

well tht's what i had when i bought it,

as long as ur frame is OK, i had to pull mine
Old 11-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

maxima door passenger door 95 -99

if any one is looking for a right door for your max. 95 99 I got one cheap with no mirror or panel or speaker but in very good condion. it a forest green color you can email me I can send pics well let me know it came off my 95 max my email is RESPINAL1@optonline.net
Old 11-12-2005, 03:40 PM

wow man....what was that guys reaction?
my accident wasnt nearly as bad as yours but its the little things that really irritate me over time. like the broken glass seemed to cut up everything inside my car little knicks here and there and my door has dents that i dont have the time to go get body work done for.
i really like your tailights and the blacking out of your corner lights. what did you use? i used nightshades and i really like it but it has a purple-ish tint sometimes and its not as glossy as i'd like. i didnt sand or anything before applying it, i just straight up sprayed it on there
Old 11-12-2005, 03:52 PM
I support for what?

You made it seem as if you lost to a hyundai in the title. But damn man that must suck
Old 11-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Banned

Oh man, Id kill if I were you.
Plus, your car is beautiful, I have a '99 and a Sterling Mist too!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:48 PM

i'm sorry to see ur loss man...yea, hopefully insurance will take care of it nd all...u had a very nice car.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:48 PM

wow i go to take a nap and the whole org replies...
Thanks for the replies..i thought i was the only one crappy things happen to! but dang all yalls cars look exactly alike.. Its great. well its not great but its crazy. I am just soooooo upset that its like what the heck two in the morning two cars (mine/his) its like what are people thinking, cops wouldnt come cause it was private porperty. I took like 30 pics with my treo when it happened so that was cool. I made a claime with is insurance. And the adjuster is suposed to come out...so we will see what happens.
If not i am sueing the pants off the dude...for bodly enjury...i got some wiplash or somthing.
Anywho i doubt i will be fixing it..who knows the worste always happens to me..I took out my stereo and all my stuff today excpet the stuff i have run under those doors cause i cant open the front. But the whole frame or body or what ever you want to call it is totally screwed or bent in. That pillar by the door if anyone nocited that thing is resting against the seat...Normally a 2in gap.. anyways.
Thanks for the props on the car i really belived i had a gorgeous find. And in all honesty i hope they total it. I dont want to mess with a jacked car like that.
And if they do total it i will give orgers a chance to buy it off me if they want. I will buy back from insurance. Hell the engine is perfect...the rest of the car is perfect..i am sure we could part it out or sell it some one to fix it or race it..
just a throught...
Old 11-12-2005, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by chillin014
wow man....what was that guys reaction?
my accident wasnt nearly as bad as yours but its the little things that really irritate me over time. like the broken glass seemed to cut up everything inside my car little knicks here and there and my door has dents that i dont have the time to go get body work done for.
i really like your tailights and the blacking out of your corner lights. what did you use? i used nightshades and i really like it but it has a purple-ish tint sometimes and its not as glossy as i'd like. i didnt sand or anything before applying it, i just straight up sprayed it on there
Oh and not everyone likes it...My personal favorite thing i did to the car. I think with the color of the car...they flow perfectly.
Go to a hobbie shop..pick up a thing called Testors Spray tent.
Sand the lights down a bit...and spray them babies up!
it took me a day so i wouldnt get any runs or anything...and they look great!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:27 PM

Location: a charming town in Connecticut first settled in the 1600s
man if that happened to me i'd give that hyundai guy a swift and then i'd go home and .
Old 11-12-2005, 05:40 PM
What was that?

Same exact thing happened to me last summer. Some old lady decided to fly out of a parking spot in reverse and just rammed me. Don't worry too much about it. The insurance should cover it. As long as you are ok; that is the only important thing.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Caracicatriz
Same exact thing happened to me last summer. Some old lady decided to fly out of a parking spot in reverse and just rammed me. Don't worry too much about it. The insurance should cover it. As long as you are ok; that is the only important thing.
My neck hurts and lower back are sore..he hitme so hard my car jumped about a foot sidways..
People are soooo stupid..its like dang pay attention to what your doing!!!
Fun lovin max...he almost did..i have neverbeen soo pissed at some one..it was insane! i went off on the dude!
he threatned to beat me up..skrony little balck punk didnt hav ish on me..neither did his fat girl friend..well she probably had 100lbs but i wasnt worried about either one of them.
anywho adjuster will e out tommorow its just such a shame that it happened..and a waste of the nicest max i have ever seen...
Old 11-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Thats Sterling Mist!??? Holy crap now I know my car was repainted probably from some crappy *** Macco or Earl Shieb or whatever. GRRRRR I wanna find and kill the person who owned my car last! Mine looks more bluish. If anyone knows how to host a pic I can send you one. As for your car take it to a couple of shops. Some shops would total your car and some wont just because of their labor rates. Its very fixable, glad to hear your alright.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by 97MaximaSE97
Thats Sterling Mist!??? Holy crap now I know my car was repainted probably from some crappy *** Macco or Earl Shieb or whatever. GRRRRR I wanna find and kill the person who owned my car last! Mine looks more bluish. If anyone knows how to host a pic I can send you one. As for your car take it to a couple of shops. Some shops would total your car and some wont just because of their labor rates. Its very fixable, glad to hear your alright.
hey jet those pics to me...via email...

sizethirteen@gmail.com

And i hope its totalled...i dont want to deal with a wrecked car like that...nuthen will ever work right again..

Old 11-12-2005, 06:14 PM

Sent you pics. If you want them to total it just ask. They'll do it if its close enough or go to san diego where their labor rates are through the roof!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:29 PM

that sucks man.. i agree you had a gem of a car. 99 terling mists are sooo pretty. and yours was in perfect condition too... then add the mods to the lights and stuff. haha

<similar story>
i had a similar thing happen.. but the other way around! i was SLLOOWWLLYYY backing out of my space, and this dim-wit decided instead of waiting for me to back out(since i was half way out already) she would try to scoot by me. well she misjudged it and i tagged her read quarter panel. she was going like 25 or 30 mph to try to get around me too. she hit my bumper license plate holder gap so hard it wrinkled my freakin bumper! but they ended up giving me 100% fault.. even after an appeal. and get this.. SHE CLAIMED RESPOSIBILITY when it happend *and* was speeding!!! GRRRR i was SOOOO pissed when they did that. my parents are helping me pay to fix her mudflap that broke and im stuck with a fudged up bumper for eternity. BAD TIMES.
</similar story>
Old 11-12-2005, 09:00 PM

omg man that realllly sucks... i def agree w/ everyone that ur car looked great and when i saw those before pics i must say i popped a boner. hey, if you decide to part it out, plz PM me cuz there are a few items i'd like. i feel really bad for you man. but isn't it ironic? a BLACK man in a KOREAN made car??? rofl!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:08 PM

Ouch man...I got this one on prom night...not as bad...but just as expensive
Old 11-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eyesack killa
i must say i popped a boner.
WHOAAA!, calm the hell down... lol.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:22 PM

hmm i dont know if i should be thanken him for that remark or what...
Old 11-13-2005, 01:24 AM

damn..i got hit on the driver side in nyc. car was parked on the street for 10min!

Old 11-13-2005, 10:02 AM

damn that was a very clean lookin max... i hope the frame isnt bent...

and btw.... did u use nite shades on your tail lights/corners ? They look very nice
Old 11-13-2005, 10:43 AM

to see that.... what makes you say your car is a SE-L?
Old 11-13-2005, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by zack342
to see that.... what makes you say your car is a SE-L?

I know i didnt make it past second grade for nuthen.....
Since this is the emblem i shaved off the door..it just might be an SE-L..
If u you walk, talk, and act like and idoit...just might be an idoit...
and in case you dont really know what your looken at this is the emblems i took off.... the L means LIMITED.....
Old 11-13-2005, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by MaximA StyLeZ
damn that was a very clean lookin max... i hope the frame isnt bent...

and btw.... did u use nite shades on your tail lights/corners ? They look very nice

hmm this is soo odd everyone asken me about the tails..i got that trick from the board..Testors spray tint...get two cans from a hobbie shop, were they sell model cars, RC's anything like that. Costs about 5 bucks a can. And it takes a few hours. It looks sweet when your done... IMO..

Just make sure you do them all at once so they match.... let em dry..pop them back in. hell if i part the thing out i will sell em
Old 11-13-2005, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by 97MaximaSE97
here are those pics for ya...

Old 11-13-2005, 04:44 PM

Good news...I finally heard back from Esurance...the guy gave to much info said he saw me...the adjuster laughed and asked him why he didnt stop...the guy didnt reply, the adjuster told him hes at fault...He wasnt to happy with that!

rental car company pics me up tommorow...and i am going to find the best shop in town since i can bring it anywhere i want to go...

marshall
Old 11-13-2005, 04:51 PM

You've got a PM, Toyick. If you still have that bra, I'm willing to buy it off you. Please let me know!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by toyick
here are those pics for ya...

Thanks man. I think my color looks different. Oh well, hey how did you do that? I wanna make my own for my sig.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:06 PM

yay your keeping it!!
i cant believe the guy wanted to pick a fight with you. just like when someone cuts you off, you honk and then they flip YOU off. ****in *****-a$$ attitude. i'm glad to see your getting your way man.
and i'm gonna go find that spray because niteshade is not workin all that great. im gonna sand it this time too.
woo!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:53 PM

rock on guys...heck i thought i was gonna get flamed for my threads...but thanks for the support...i am acutally in a good mood today...esurance aint a half bad company...i was really scared...but its sweet.
Anywoo its in the shop if it aint totalled it will be done in 2 months so they say
so good luck with the rental company esurance!
i already got a new four door chevy silvarado..
Oh and yes...the lights...are my favorite thing...its sooo nice!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:47 PM

ok this is gay and totally stupid...
a month later 4500 dollars later...my car looks like **** still! wtf!?!?!?!

i got it back and everything is falling off it still..its soo gay
this shop sucks...i even got a good review for it to..
oh well..

just wanted to update everyone on the situation...

oh yeah the sterling mist....doesnt look the same resprayed...so ephing retarded!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 05:04 PM

Damn....I know that if a guy that just drove like an idiot, ended up hitting my car ,and then gave me an attitude, he'd be laying on the ground quick. I used to live in Vegas and I know that that town has no shortage of a55h0les by any means, just like everywhere else. Where exactly did this happen....northwest side?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:04 PM

noo it happened trop and jones...dell taco...

Quick Reply: my maxima got owned by a Hundyi!!!