4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Question about leather accessories for GLE...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2001, 10:46 PM
Licensed to Spell

I have GLE (1996)with leather but it kind of bothers me that the e-brake boot is fake leather, and e-brake handle is plastic, not leather wrapped. Does anyone know of a place where we can get real leather boots and e-brakes? Are the ones from the I30 real leather, and if yes, do they fit ours? Any input would be appreciated. :o)
Old 06-03-2001, 10:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ptatohed
I have GLE (1996)with leather but it kind of bothers me that the e-brake boot is fake leather, and e-brake handle is plastic, not leather wrapped. Does anyone know of a place where we can get real leather boots and e-brakes? Are the ones from the I30 real leather, and if yes, do they fit ours? Any input would be appreciated. )
I think the E-Brake handle on my I30 is made out of real leather but the Boot is made out of the same material as my max's.
Old 06-03-2001, 11:11 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Thanks emax! That helps a lot. I can't say I've ever looked inside an I30, would you say the shape/size/layout of the e-brakes are identical? (I don't suppose you have any pics of the inside of your I30?) Thanks for the help.
Old 06-04-2001, 12:06 AM

Re: :o)

Thanks emax! That helps a lot. I can't say I've ever looked inside an I30, would you say the shape/size/layout of the e-brakes are identical? (I don't suppose you have any pics of the inside of your I30?) Thanks for the help.

I just took a closer look at my I30's **** and it seems to be made out of real leather or atleast a good immatation, I also looked at my 95 max's handle and it is just a plastic handle. I also compared the lay out and it is indeed identicale. If I get a chance tomarrow I will try to take a pic.
Old 06-04-2001, 10:04 AM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Emax, luckily I saw an I30 in my work parking lot. So I did what any self-respection Maxima owner who wants a real leather e-brake handle would do, I promptly embarrassed myself and stuck my face up to the window for a minute studying the interior. You're right, they look identical and yes, it looked like leather(and yes the boot looked fake). So I guess I'll take it from here. I'll contact Infinity and get a price. I hope they are somewhat affordable and come in black. So thanks anyway but I won't trouble you for the pic. Anybody else know of how to get a real leather e-brake boot? Thanks. :o)
Old 06-04-2001, 09:55 PM

hey ptatohed...

let us know what you find out from the Infiniti dealer, I'm interested in that too! Or just shoot me a quick email at maximafia@hotmail.com.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2001, 10:24 PM

Re: hey ptatohed...

Originally posted by justmax
let us know what you find out from the Infiniti dealer, I'm interested in that too! Or just shoot me a quick email at maximafia@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Just get one from a local Junkyard for Mad cheap, Infiniti will rip you of big time! Probably atleast a $100 for the ****, LOL.
Old 06-04-2001, 10:42 PM
Licensed to Spell

Not what you wanted to hear...

Oh boy. I talked with Infiniti today and, unless the guy was wrong, he said you had to buy the entire e-brake: handle, brake, nuts, bolts, cable and all. They said about $180! Great. As for the boot, my mom is awesome with that stuff so easily removed it from the car (just a wire base and some snaps) and bought some REAL, soft, black leather from a local fabric store. Hopefully it will come out o.k. As for the e-brake, still have to think about that one...
Old 06-04-2001, 11:02 PM

Re: Not what you wanted to hear...

Oh boy. I talked with Infiniti today and, unless the guy was wrong, he said you had to buy the entire e-brake: handle, brake, nuts, bolts, cable and all. They said about $180! Great. As for the boot, my mom is awesome with that stuff so easily removed it from the car (just a wire base and some snaps) and bought some REAL, soft, black leather from a local fabric store. Hopefully it will come out o.k. As for the e-brake, still have to think about that one...

Complete B.S.! I can almost gaurantee you that the ***** are a direct swap. Ask your self this, what whould your Infiniti dealer know about the E-Brake handle on a maxima and the differences between it and the I30's? They don't know jack!
Old 06-05-2001, 12:31 PM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: Not what you wanted to hear...

I'm not arguing with you, I'm sure they are a direct swap too (if I can ever figure out how to get the darn thing off) but what I'm telling you is Infity tells me they don't sell just the handle, you have to buy the whole e-brake. I'll try again, and try to get somebody different but that's what the first person said. And I didn't even mention a Maxima, I simply priced the I30's. I think maybe you missundrstood me.