4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Yet Another Honda Accord Accident ( Pics )

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 11:15 AM

Yet Another Honda Accord Accident ( Pics )

OH my god...i swear im gonna fricken blow up every honda accord i see on the road.....ok...here's the story...

Im driviing to school form work, going about 30, alotta traffic so not speeding, just crusin....im about 2 - 3 car lengths away from this honda accord, he SLAMS on his brakes right infront of me, i slamm on my brakes but still ram RIGHT into him, bounce off him, then ram into a pole. Airbags didnt pop ( thank god ) ...and im an avid seat beat wear so yes right now im having serious chest pains.....got checked out by the ambulance guy and he said for hte most part everything seems to be ok with me. Cops said it's my fault since i shoulda have enough room to brake ( personally...going 30, 3 car lenghts away, is enough room to me, but hey..this isnt my day now is it.. )....front frame of itself got bent, and i think im looking at over $2000 in repair costs.....for that money, im sayin *** it...gonna sell the max, and buy another one....well not really sell the max, but im definetly gonna part it out...

I'm not sure if it's driveable cuz the f1cking fire guys CUT MY BATTERY WIRE ( i wanted to scream when i saw this... )....

Those of you who know, i got into an accident with an accord late last year.....so yes..this is the 2nd max gone down in less then a 6 month time....

and to top it off...i got a careless driving ticket..haha...i can't f-in believe this..

Old 02-03-2006, 11:16 AM

Old 02-03-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm needing a caw

Why is it the Accord's fault when you ran into him?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Why is it the Accord's fault when you ran into him?

i would have been pissed off if you ran into my accord..

i bet someone over at the Accord Forums is saying "Some !d!ot in a Maxima just rear ended me!!!"
Old 02-03-2006, 11:25 AM

no, i didnt say it was his, he just stopped short and i got teh short end of the stick...guess my first mod shoulda been a bbk ....

im going 30 mph, 3 car lengths away...and i find out for the first time my brakes just arent as good as i thought they were...i loose in the end...and everyone else goes home happy....even my parents cant understand, i never had to slam on my brakes like that, i had replaced al lthe brake pads at one point, so my braking was fine, i never had to make a sudden brake like that, they say i was driving up under him but omfg, im goign 30 3 car lengths away....wtf, am i supposed to drive 10 car lenghts behind everyone infront of me....some bs .....i hate when parents believe they're kids do NO good...im like screw it...i'll just get a new car ( meaning another used one ), insurance in my name, pay the high a$$ insurance, live with it...just so i dont have to hear **** from them....
Old 02-03-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm needing a caw

Everyone else on the road seems to be able to drive without slamming into the person in front of them. You should learn your car's capabilities. If not, leave TWICE the safe amount of space.

It's your fault, plain and simple. Lesson learned (I hope). Everyone's been there.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:39 AM
VK56 Inside

That battery cable is an easy fix.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:08 PM

how do i fix it.....tavarish is comin over to take me to the junkyard and whatnot to get the parts i need....fewer parts then i thought it would be.....but how to fix my battery situation..
Old 02-03-2006, 12:12 PM
VK56 Inside

buy a new cable. the negative is pretty easy to replace.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:16 PM
The Boy Wonder

I've had a lot of close calls with mine, and realized that Maxima brakes just aren't good enough for the car they're stopping.

I keep more distance than I usually do when driving my Maxima, makes me wish I got an Accord sometimes their brakes are really good, I have a great deal of confidence when driving in Accords. (6th and 7th gen)

Sorry you had to learn the hard way hope everything works out for you.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:31 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Guess you're not getting a system anymore, huh.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:36 PM
VK56 Inside

Originally Posted by DesiGLE
Maxima brakes just aren't good enough for the car they're stopping.
Everyone says that, but I have never felt my brakes werent good enough. You will only stop as fast as the rubber that connects you to the ground will allow.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm needing a caw

That is true. But if you have to stand on your brakes in order to do that, it ruins all feel and modulation.

Stock and a BBK both are strong enough to lock the tires. But the bbk offers far greater feel and modulation. As you can ramp up the same force with far less effort.

Originally Posted by Dubbya
Everyone says that, but I have never felt my brakes werent good enough. You will only stop as fast as the rubber that connects you to the ground will allow.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:30 PM

no offense man, you hit him.. from behind your fault 100% your story to me sounds like a fabrication. 3 car lengths, 30mph still hit him. don't know about you but that doesn't fly in my book. Look at your damage as well :/ sorry man take it easy next time or learn how your car handles.

State law says for every 10mph on the highway you should keep 1 car lenght of a distance. Your the only one that proved this statement to not work. Thats if of coarse your story is true.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:36 PM

BTW, your not going to get much for your car. Over due inspection.. REJECTED might I add. Think this through, getting a new car doesn't mean your going to pay a whole lot less.. I live in this state as well. Go to court get the ticket reduced to "Using a vehical in an unsafe matter" End up paying your 380 with no points and call it a day. Then go to the "Maxima stuff for sale" And post you need a front-end clip. Take off the stuff from your car, get the parts painted. And if something has shifted (which im sure it has) Let the autobody pull the frame.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dubbya

I agree. I only got scared once about my brakes, but that was on a short exit ramp, while in a blizzard. I stoped fine but i was scared because the ABS kicked in and i under estimated where i would be stopping by 2 feet maybe.

You guys just have to become better drivers, well not better but more alert. Even if its all of a sudden type thing. You have to realize that sudden braking will happen if your in traffic as the orginal poster mentioned. I drive a lot more slower in traffic then in bad weather mainly because i don't like to slam on my brakes and if i have to. and i dont hit the person in front of me, i get scared that the person behind me will ram me.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

At 30MPH 3 car lenghts is more then enough room for the stock brakes to stop you even if the guy in front of you stops dead short.

Conclusion:
You weren't paying close attention to the road and the vehicles in front of you. (hance the careless driving ticket) Reaction time is key, you missed it.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
At 30MPH 3 car lenghts is more then enough room for the stock brakes to stop you even if the guy in front of you stops dead short.

Conclusion:
You weren't paying close attention to the road and the vehicles in front of you. (hance the careless driving ticket) Reaction time is key, you missed it.
That ...or my brakes weren't tight ....so when i hit the brakes, it doesnt sotp hard ( jsut had a mechanic look at them )

and my story isnt fabrication...he himself said i seemed 3 or 4 car lengths away......so before you call me unsafe and a stupid drive, ask these questions...

Sorry but getting flamed after being in an accident isnt happy...
Old 02-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Shift_3.0

Im going to have to agree, the Maxima brakes are pretty soupy and should be a lot more repsonsive stock. I was driving my friends 350z, and yes I know thats not a fair comparison, but thats the way breaks are SUPPOSED to feel. I feel that my brakes were designed more for comfort braking than responsive braking.

For the sake of comedy I will recreate your accident with one simple smiley------>
Old 02-03-2006, 03:03 PM

brake flush with hawk pads and your set. Learn to drive.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:03 PM
VK56 Inside

Originally Posted by Scooobay
That ...or my brakes weren't tight ....so when i hit the brakes, it doesnt sotp hard ( jsut had a mechanic look at them )

and my story isnt fabrication...he himself said i seemed 3 or 4 car lengths away......so before you call me unsafe and a stupid drive, ask these questions...

Sorry but getting flamed after being in an accident isnt happy...
shrug off the haters. **** happens. ive rear ended someone before too.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:08 PM
What was that?

You guys can argue back and forth, but in the end it's still your fault and you'll have to pay for it. You can't really fight your way out of rear ending someone. No matter how safe of a driver you are. Glad you're ok though.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:14 PM

well...im buyin a black on black gle tuesday hopefully...it may be white, cant remember what he said...for $2000 ....5 speed, sunroof, black leather...so i guess it's a blessing in a curse.....btw..im parting out the old max...refer to this thread....

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=448361
Old 02-03-2006, 03:15 PM

I drive home from work every day in the left lane and every day we all slam on our breaks because a bus merged in to make the left 2 lights ahead that everyone on this road makes. i have close calls every day, but i've never hit anyone. the max breaks work fine, if you push them hard enough. ABS has kicked in several times on me and i've still stopped with about a foot between my car and the one infront of me.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:19 PM
vsamoylov

dont start blaming the maxima brakes. yes there are stuff wrong with them but if you look at honda and the tests they done with their brakes, you realize that maxima brakes are better then hondas. hondas brakes suck period. stopping distance is horrible.

Old 02-03-2006, 03:29 PM

im not blaming it on maxima brakes...im blaming it on M Ymaxima brakes....i've never had to stop hard before, so i wasnt aware that they were as badly word or w/e as i realized today....all i've done is replace the brake pads all around...otherwise it normally would brake fine..it's today i find out that something was actually wrong for them..

and dont be mistakin, im not sayin it's not my fault, i shoulda been aware my brakes were fuxored....his car has little to none damage and he is already agreed to fix his car himself...i wont have to come outta pocket...cept for a new car and this dag navit ticket....
Old 02-03-2006, 03:29 PM

Dude that REALLY sucks. Sorry for your loss but at least you are ok that's the main thing.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:32 PM

guess I better buy a cd player for awhile...haha!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 03:59 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

dibs on the car...
Old 02-03-2006, 04:20 PM

Man, that really sucks. Maxima brakes really are crap, at least the pads. Yes, they will be able to lock the wheels but man do you have to mash the pedal hard. I've found myself putting my foot down waaaay harder than I thought I should have to numerous times. I've been able to go flat out for about 10-15 minutes before they start fading, so that's not really an issue either. They're just mushy, and in emergency stops, response bite and modulation are key.

Don't listen to whoever yells at you, just accept it as a lesson and move on. Next time you should try a few panic stops in a parking lot somewhere to get a better feel for your brakes. They are the most important part of your car, you know.

I feel you though, that's a really sh!tty thing to happen, even if it was "technically" your fault. It could have happened to any one of us. Just make sure to pay more attention to other cars now.

P.S. Very cute how your corners popped out.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
Man, that really sucks. Maxima brakes really are crap, at least the pads. Yes, they will be able to lock the wheels but man do you have to mash the pedal hard. I've found myself putting my foot down waaaay harder than I thought I should have to numerous times. I've been able to go flat out for about 10-15 minutes before they start fading, so that's not really an issue either. They're just mushy, and in emergency stops, response bite and modulation are key.

Don't listen to whoever yells at you, just accept it as a lesson and move on. Next time you should try a few panic stops in a parking lot somewhere to get a better feel for your brakes. They are the most important part of your car, you know.

I feel you though, that's a really sh!tty thing to happen, even if it was "technically" your fault. It could have happened to any one of us. Just make sure to pay more attention to other cars now.

P.S. Very cute how your corners popped out.

lol the corner pop-out is my new mod...lmao...
Old 02-03-2006, 04:41 PM

ya, can't blame much on the other person if it was your fault... still feel ur lose though, hope everything gets fixed up, the old saying goes you might be a good driver, but its those other F@ckers u gotta worry about out in the road
Old 02-03-2006, 04:42 PM
kormax97

man that car looks like it can be an easy and cheap fix. i got some front end parts if you are going to fix it.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:30 PM

Dont think ima get another max..i've had bad luck with 2 so far....forget 3rd time being a charm...lol....

think ima just get a lexus gs300 .....:-\....
Old 02-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wow that sure is a great deal or damage for 30mph, unless you didn't hit the brakes at all. My rotors are warped or something and I still have pretty good braking, just shakes like crazy... Get a mini or something small that stops freaking quick, so you can kinda afford to not pay attention.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:13 PM
brooklynK3Y

I'd say keep the max =\... Just upgrade your brakes if you feel it was the brakes fault. Get you front big brake kit, some new rims.. and your set =)

Old 02-03-2006, 08:13 PM

what a shame. too bad you hit him, i guess.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:46 PM

sorry dude, n i know how u feel. i had totaled one of my cars before. But lemme tell you, the insurance isn't cheap. I was paying $400 a month for my celica w/o full coverage under my own name for the first 6 months. N i had geico. I got a reckless so it dropped down to a careless. Oh, n i had one previous fender bender like 2 years before this accident. so if you're gonna say that to ur parents taht ur gonna go on ur own insurance, think twice before just sucking it up. BTW, i'm in jersey too, not too far from you, i work in piscataway. n oh, i still don't have full coverage....n right now i'm paying $250 a month
Old 02-03-2006, 08:53 PM
boost me.....

Sounds to me like you were goin faster than 30 mph...

i slamm on my brakes but still ram RIGHT into him, bounce off him, then ram into a pole. Airbags didnt pop ( thank god ) ...
why did you bounce off of him if only goin 30 and hit your brakes did you swerve too?
Old 02-03-2006, 08:54 PM
boost me.....

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
sorry dude, n i know how u feel. i had totaled one of my cars before. But lemme tell you, the insurance isn't cheap. I was paying $400 a month for my celica w/o full coverage under my own name for the first 6 months. N i had geico. I got a reckless so it dropped down to a careless. Oh, n i had one previous fender bender like 2 years before this accident. so if you're gonna say that to ur parents taht ur gonna go on ur own insurance, think twice before just sucking it up. BTW, i'm in jersey too, not too far from you, i work in piscataway. n oh, i still don't have full coverage....n right now i'm paying $250 a month
your i30 is madness...you wana trade me cars?

Quick Reply: Yet Another Honda Accord Accident ( Pics )