4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Educate Me (97' Maxima Modifications)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 10:18 AM
nicetown

Is there a book or anything that I can read and learn about the many modifications that I can make to my car?

The most important things I would need to know is HOW and WHY would I want to make these changes.

I don't know anyone who knows about these things, but I am intelligent enough to learn on my own if I had the information!

Old 06-11-2001, 11:19 AM
1st97SE

i just started modding my 97 SE about 3 months ago, and i had no idea where to start or what to do either. i just started hanging out in the 4th gen forum (here) and seeing what others had done to their max's and what they were planning. ask questions as you think of them, and usually people with answers will reply. if it helps you any, my first mods were a front strut tower brace (FSTB), and clear bumper lights from Courtesy Nissan (www.courtesynissan.com). the front bumper lights look amazing if you have OEM fog lights, very sweet! the FSTB tightens up the steering and the handling in the front. very cheap mods and you can do them yourself in about 20-30 minutes.
next on the list was clearing the amber out of my tail lights. a pain in the a$$, but cost me $8. or you can buy them for around $180 already cleared.
in the mail right now are a stillen intake, stillen rear sway bar, and a rear strut tower brace (RSTB) from Courtesy Nissan. these are all mods i am doing myself, and are relatively inexpensive. i hope this helps some.

good luck!
1st97SE

Old 06-11-2001, 12:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You can also goto the base url of this very message board and go into the MaxFAQs area. It'll tell you all you need to know. Look here;

https://maxima.org/maxfaqs/index.shtml

DW
Old 06-11-2001, 11:45 PM

www.maximadriver.com