4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.
View Poll Results: Copper or Bronze?
Copper
71.43%
Bronze
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Color Combo's

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 06:07 AM

Color Combo's

Ok guys, just want a little feedback on color options. Right now I have a deep hunter green 99 with a bronze stripe. I also painted my factory 5 spoke rims bronze and I have it lowered. (pics soon). Anyways I am getting it painted soon and I am stuck between 2 color combo choices. I wanted something different so I was thinking Black and Bronze inside and out. But the more I thought about it, the more I knew I wanted something that popped! Thats when I thought about black and Copper. Which one do you guys think will look the best?
(oh yeah I am going to post sample pics of the metal choices this weekend)

Old 03-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Just the tip.

Copper would be hot...especially with some chrome accents like the the guage rings and door handles.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:26 AM
shift_Puff

i like the copper...and the pewter...but up to u
I wanna do a 2 tone on my car(chip foose style). I just might put some orange form the spec-v sentra into it with some black or maybe some white(leaning towards the white). with black leather...ummm I saw this guy with this sick *** Vette and Magnum near my house and the magnum has this beauty of a paint job. A dark olive green that blends cuts into a light bronze green...ohh man. Tell me what u guys think..it's either that or all black again(something like arrafio's 98)
Old 03-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Maxima Owner

bayside blue...or datyona blue
Old 03-22-2006, 09:42 AM

Id say go with the copper but made it deeper either with more orange or brown. The light copper/orange color looks awful IMO, but the darker copper shades look great

Originally Posted by MaximaSE96
bayside blue...or datyona blue
I dont think they dont fit the maxima at all, and they arent good blues in the first place
Old 03-22-2006, 10:14 AM

Black, with hit green stripe, pink rims.
I joke ofcourse. From the two choices, I would go with copper. But I wanna throw something out to you.

A few weeks back, I saw a S2000 with a nice body kit and such, and his paint job was something I never would of thought looked good until I actually saw it.
His body was a dark red, not really dark, but a darkened red color. (if youve ever seen an Ozarka Water bottle, its close to label color) But the lips and bumpers were almost like a golden yellow. The rims were gun metal, and his interior was done predominately black with red touchups (gauges, shift ****/boot, A/C vents, lining on the seats)

Over all it looked really good. Ive thought about trying it on the maxima, but dont have the money. I dont know how it will fit on a maxima, especially if you dont have a body kit, but hey, it might.

I think ill go do a photochop, and post it up if it looks okay. Just my opinion...no one hates me now right?
Old 03-22-2006, 11:39 AM
VIP Maxima

mustang GT mineral gray FTW

Old 03-22-2006, 12:30 PM

Thats a real rough sketch, obviously. Imagine the colors a little lighter though, I didnt take the jpg settings into effect and it made it darker. For the side skirt, maybe make it smaller and just confined to the sideskirt, feel me? I just did that part the way I did because the trim on the doors served as a easy line to follow.

(Dont mind the whole "Tonight you sleep in hell" bit, its a little spacer to set aside a spot for text if I wanna put words in there, and I didnt feel like taking it out.)

I dont think it would look bad with a body kit and all, stock it would look iffy-ish...but unique none the less.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

go with bronze.

Im doin all white for my paint, will probably get all new paint with a deeper pearl though (will look good with my windows because all of them are blacked out). Inside im keepin the tan and throwin some white leather accents all around. the extreme color schemes are not for me. I like to put the money into the stereo/engine. my .02

Think about this one, what if i painted it half and half, do a black top (keep the black above where the factory pinstrip is) and the bottom the pearl white. Have a silver strip, or something like that to blend them. I think it would look good what are your alls opinions

B
Old 03-22-2006, 12:58 PM

In my opinion, that clash just as much as the red or yellow scheme...a real extreme change in color, but hey, Lexus pulled off black or white top with gun metal bottom, so I suppose it could work.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by NissanMan97
go with bronze.

Im doin all white for my paint, will probably get all new paint with a deeper pearl though (will look good with my windows because all of them are blacked out). Inside im keepin the tan and throwin some white leather accents all around. the extreme color schemes are not for me. I like to put the money into the stereo/engine. my .02

Think about this one, what if i painted it half and half, do a black top (keep the black above where the factory pinstrip is) and the bottom the pearl white. Have a silver strip, or something like that to blend them. I think it would look good what are your alls opinions

B
I like the two tone idea. Right now my favorite factory paint job is the BMW two tone, especially the black top with the light forest green bottom. I used to be in love with the castrol oil car (carbon fiber top, lime green bottom) but I saw it on a 4th gen max in ATL and it was the absolute worse thing ever so I was turned off from it.