4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Look here guys removed IACV first time after 160k*PICS* miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 12:58 PM

Look here guys removed IACV first time after 160k*PICS* miles

I cleaned it first time after prev. owner wich was women and she was never bothered about that lol
Anyways i got a question PLEASE HELP me. I tried to remove actual IACV from the metal plate but i couldn't so i just unscrewed 3 screwes on bowl-ish lookin thing and cleaned everythig there. But i thought that i might be able to clean it more throughly and i just uscrew 3 screws on the back (witch holds up brownish plastic cover on the back of IACV) after that i figured up that shouldnt do that because there was some spring and magnet and thats about it. After that i put everything back seems like properly Started the car and everything worked fine even better than before.
Now i'm worried about IACV how to check it, is it working fine after what i've done? Because when i disconnected it on working car it seems like nothing changes. it's working fine even with disconnected IACV.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:17 PM
I Broke OT

pics don't work
Old 03-23-2006, 02:33 PM

I wish they had never come up with cell phone cameras. It's like photography took a great leap backwards when they started putting crappy CCDs in little phones...
... anyway... try turning on lights and ac and see if the idle changes. that should be a decent check to see if it's working still.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:36 PM

If the IAC wasn't working it would set a code, eventually. If the engine automatically idles high when it is cold and then comes down low then its safe to say its working. The only thing you have to worry about is orienting that cover piece the right way when you reinstall it.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally Posted by black97
Now i'm worried about IACV how to check it, is it working fine after what i've done?
Is your idle speed being controlled?
Cold starts OK?
A/C or headlights turned on and the idle stays the same?
Auto tranny? Shift from Park to Drive or Reverse, idle stays the same?

If you've answered YES to any or all of these questions and you have no CEL light on, then your IACV is working correctly.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:05 PM

Thats the problem guys why i cleaned IACV. Since i bought the car it's idling low on Drive and/or Reverse ~600rpms even when the rpms adjusted 750 without load. So i cleaned it today but problem still there don't know it's just drops from 750 to 600 when i move trans. selector

Please help guys i'm in really bad mood since dont know what to do hope you help me.
I really dont think that i messed up IACV becase problem was before i cleaned it.
no CEL at all.
HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP
oh yea also i can hear a hissing sound inside of IACV very slightly though
Old 03-23-2006, 06:27 PM

dont worry dude...i was thinking the same thing when i took mine apart. if u did take the whole thing apart put it back so that the spring is wound up only about 5-10 degrees.

and to check if it works or not, have a freind start the car, or even better just turn it to "ON" w/o starting the engine, listen for a sound comming from the iacv if it makes a buzz sound it works! also when turning engine off, listen to it, if it make a buzzing sound it works. also if u want to check visually take it apart but keep connected, turn key to ON and it should move in and out a few mm.

also if u took it apart be shure to change the little black rubber gasket, its not meant to be reusable and will leak coolant, mine did.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:12 PM

Thanks so much dude that made me happy.(that i'm not only one who took it apart )
I have last q.
can someone answer on it -is there only one spring(dont ask why i'm asking it's a long story )
And also-when the valve closed can you see a little space around little hole when you cleaning it cause mine does have it and it seems like its not adjoin fully when it's off the power(or it's suppose to be like that is that adjusting later when power is on???)

Thats would be it.
By the way thanks to all who helped me with my anxiety
Old 03-24-2006, 02:27 AM

Thanks so much dude that made me happy.(that i'm not only one who took it apart )
I have last q.
can someone answer on it -is there only one spring(dont ask why i'm asking it's a long story )
And also-when the valve closed can you see a little space around little hole when you cleaning it cause mine does have it and it seems like its not adjoin fully when it's off the power(or it's suppose to be like that is that adjusting later when power is on???)

Thats would be it.
By the way thanks to all who helped me with my anxiety
yes there is only one spring, and i belive there is some open space even with the valve in the closed position.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:03 AM

Thats the problem guys why i cleaned IACV. Since i bought the car it's idling low on Drive and/or Reverse ~600rpms even when the rpms adjusted 750 without load. So i cleaned it today but problem still there don't know it's just drops from 750 to 600 when i move trans. selector

Please help guys i'm in really bad mood since dont know what to do hope you help me.
I really dont think that i messed up IACV becase problem was before i cleaned it.
no CEL at all.
HEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP
oh yea also i can hear a hissing sound inside of IACV very slightly though
Hey fellow Canadian. To fix that low idle, you may want to try cleaning your throttle body. Check the stickies in this forum & motorvate.ca. If you want to hookup with some local guys, try torontomaxima.com.

You may want to avoid run-on sentences too, makes it hard for people to understand what you're ( < see I said "you're" instead of "your" ) trying to explain. A few well-placed periods (.) & commas (,) work wonders.

Good luck!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:13 AM
renatonetmail

after checking my codes and changing my ECT my idle also was low and it was my dumb self that left the ECU Screw all the way clockwise. when i adjusted back all the way counterclock wise i went back to normal (700-750) like a rock.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:15 AM

Thanks to all
Sorry for bad English i have been in canada just 10 month so english in progress
Just another Russian guy
Old 03-24-2006, 10:48 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

I love incoherent pathetic paragraphs that keep going and going and going without so much as a tab or a new paragraph or punctuation or anything of the like they just keep going and going and going no nothing nada zero punctuation or editnig or proofreading or nada.............................................. .......... and to go on with my story no blah blah blah