4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

helllpppppppppp

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:45 PM

helllpppppppppp

Does anyone know of things that can get a speeding ticket thrown out or reduced. This happened in HALL COUNTY and was doing 74 in a 45. need to k now reason that can get rid of this ticket there were some things that i though might get it reduced. It was night time and i turned onto friendship rd, which had no posted speed limit, it was on a downhill slope and the office was sitting about 100 yards right after the county change. also the officer was sitting in the turning lane of a neighborhood and was not visible, i dont know if that could have anything to do with safety because someone turning into the neighborhood might not have seen him. i would figure that when entering a new county they would have a speed limit posted, guys have any suggestions.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Why were you going that much over the limit?
Old 04-26-2006, 07:52 PM

Call an attorney, pay him $150-200, and he will go to court and get half your points back, and the fine reduced.
If you think you're getting out of it somehow, forget it.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:56 PM

Sounds like you were speeding. 74 in a 45 is pretty brutal. If you don't want your insurance to go up, find out what you have to pay so it won't go on your record, pay it, and watch your speed in the future. If you can't afford to pay the extra money, by all means make sure you make the court date. I had one ticket thrown out due to prejudice, (the ticketing officer didn't show up for court). Good luck, if you decide to go to court.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:45 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Why are you posting your stupid mistake in multiple forums?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:54 AM
Tha Snatcher

You were speeding and you got caught. Man up and suffer the consequences you baby.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:04 AM

You are Guilty... Pay up and move on, but getting the lawyer is the best idea.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:41 AM
FEELS GOOD TO BE GANGSTA

Man up. Stop crying nobody told you to drive that fast. Get a lawyer, if you can't afford it, get a prayer for judgment, try, if you dare, to explain your actions to the judge. But by all means GO TO COURT. Oh and if you try to say He could not be seen, that does not hold up to well as a defense. In this state, NC, the officer can cross into the next county as long as he has visual on you and caught you in speeding his county, I think the judge told me he has a couple of miles to stop you. By the way do you have rims? If so you may be able to find a 'reputable' shop in town and say that your rims threw off your odometer, that will run you about $60.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:45 AM
Maxima Owner

to get it reduced plea not guilty..goto court....get driving school and pay a nice fine..request a supportign deposition..if u dont get it by ur court date or 30 days....the ticket gets dismissed
Old 04-27-2006, 05:58 AM
100% chingon

You could always attend driving school, try one of the comedy ones . . . you sound like you appreciate a good joke or two . . . and buy a radar detector!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:39 AM

Well i got out of it i only have to pay 326$ take the class and 20 hrs community service. I show you guys what i used to get off that easy because first they wanted to suspend it but then i brought this up and the officer could not prove it wronge because he didnt know what i was tlaking about and the judge saw that the officer was not as qualified as he should have been and let me off with a slap on the wrist. "In court --
Should you decide to contest a speeding citation, you have to go to court. If the officer does not show up, you win by default. If the officer does show up, have your defense ready.
One defense tactic that sometimes works is to obtain as many delays in your court appearance as possible. The more time that passes between the day you were issued a citation and the day the officer actually has to show up for court, the fainter his memory of the traffic stop. Since many officers issue hundreds of citations in a single month, there is a good possibility he will not remember your stop at all.
The court will give greater credence to the officer in a simple contest of he says you were speeding and you say you were not. You will lose.
You can and should question the radar operator on the traffic and weather conditions at the time the stop was made. Ask about terrain, bushes, trees, obscured speed limit signs, other vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles that were in the area. If there were any overhead wires and it was windy, it is possible the radar gun picked up the movement of the overhead wires whipping in the wind. Ask about businesses in the area that may have burglar alarms with microwave motion sensors. This could affect the reliability of the radar reading.
Make the officer dig deep in his memory for details. This is your opportunity to put him on the defensive and go fishing for information just like he did to you on the side of the road.
Some operators have just enough knowledge of traffic radar to impress the unknowing with their direct testimony. Call the bluff. Have all your background materials at hand and be thoroughly familiar with them. Be ready to cross-examine the officer on qualifications and procedures to the tiniest detail. A collection of small errors in procedure can add up to a very impressive list and make the radar readings questionable. The police have very specific procedures that must be followed when running radar. These procedures should be contained in standard operating instructions maintained by the department. Copies of operating manuals should also be on file with the department for every make and model of radar in use. Most of the standard operating instructions state the police officer must satisfy certain criteria before issuing a citation based on a radar reading. The first item is certification as a radar operator by the state. The officer should be able to produce a certificate indicating he completed a radar operator’s course. Some states also require refresher training at specific intervals.
The second item is the testing and calibration of the radar unit. When was it tested, who tested it and what was the procedure? Did the procedure exactly match the one in the manufacturer’s manual? Does the officer know the correct procedure? Were the correct tuning forks used? Check to make sure the tuning forks used were the ones issued with the radar gun by obtaining the serial numbers from the tuning forks and the serial number from the radar unit. Then contact the radar manufacturer to determine if these are the right tuning forks for that particular radar unit.
Did the officer make a visual speed estimate? Was the targeted vehicle out front and by itself? Was it well separated from any other vehicles? Was there an audio doppler tone consistent with the speed displayed and his visual estimate? For judicial notes on these requirements, see Honeycutt v. Commonwealth.
An easy way to determine if an officer knows his basic radar procedure is to ask, "Did you complete a tracking history checklist before issuing this citation?" If the officer does not even know what it is, he needs to go back to radar school. The tracking history checklist is a standardized method to eliminate most questionable radar readings. The checklist is detailed in the N.H.T.S.A. radar operator’s training manual.
For stationary radar the checklist is:
1. Was a visual speed estimate made of the suspect vehicle?
2. Was the speed reading displayed consistent with the visual estimate?
3. Did the audio doppler tone match the speed reading and visual estimate?
4. Was the suspect vehicle out front and by itself when the speed readings were made?
For moving radar operations, add
5. Did the radar displayed patrol speed match the vehicle’s speedometer reading at the time the suspect vehicle was tracked?
The basic premise is the radar unit is a tool, as smart as a hammer. It cannot testify for itself. Traffic radar is only as good as the operator and the operator must be able to testify as to the accuracy of the readings and the accuracy of the unit at the time the violation was observed.
THE TRACKING HISTORY CHECKLIST IS MOST IMPORTANT. IF THE OFFICER CANNOT RECITE THE CHECKLIST FROM MEMORY, AND CONFIRM THAT HIS TRACK OF YOUR CAR SATISFIED ALL THE REQUIREMENTS, THEN THE CITATION LACKS FOUNDATION AND SHOULD BE DISMISSED. "
Old 04-27-2006, 07:42 AM

also, i'm not sure (someone correct me if i'm wrong) but i think if there's no speed limit posted, it's assumed that it's 35 so i don't think saying, "and i turned onto friendship rd, which had no posted speed limit" will have any merit.

edit : nevermind, i posted after the verdict.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:23 AM

Unless you have cop friends, your pretty much paying it in full, unless you go to court and fight the ticket.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:37 AM
brad kay

wierd. i've had friends get reckless driving tickets and other heavy stuff, took it to a lawyer, paid the standard price, and 5 minutes later forgot about it forever. never went on their record. thats what i'll be doing from now on.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:40 AM

first of all, ur a dumbass for goin over the speed limit by 30mph... second of all... u deserve the ticket... third of all... go to a lawyer and see what he can do cause there is no way U can get out of it by urself...
Old 04-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Wild for Width

This thread is 4th gen related.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by cleanmax
...wronge because he didnt know what i was tlaking about...
i dont really know what your talking about either
Old 04-27-2006, 01:58 PM
kormax97

Well i got out of it i only have to pay 326$ take the class and 20 hrs community service.
I would've rather gotten a lawyer and just pay a fine and don't have to do the community service.

You don't need all those excuses you mentioned if you don't speed.

Old 04-27-2006, 02:03 PM
scoobystoned...

FR33WAY--This thread is 4th gen related.
how so dog? are you being sarcastic?

just suck it up *****, dont go so damn fast.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:45 PM

i was in the same situation you were a few months back. i live in gwinnett so it might be different. here goes, first i took a defensive driving class which cost $75 and you get a certificate for successfully completing the course. present this certificate to dmvs in conyers and they automatically reduce up to 7 points on your driving record. speeding 30 over is 3 points i think. you can do this process once every 5 years so use it wisely. another thing is that go to court and plea NO LO (which means you are pleading no contest) this plea means that no points will be added to your driver's lisence and it won't show up on your insurance statement. you can also only do this once every 5 years. hope this helps.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:50 PM
jos

Write them and ask for a record of the cop's radar certification and for a record of the calibration he performed prior to the ticket.If you don't receive it the judge has to dismiss.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:55 PM

Well i got out of it i only have to pay 326$ take the class and 20 hrs community service.

How is this getting "out if it"?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:02 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

every acts like they never speed.............everyone does, true this is not 4th gen related, but ya'll don't have to pull your org egos out, that is why i stay off the org compared to what i use to be. this is not high school people. if this was in perosn more of you would keep yoru mouth shut.

no one *****ed at the kid who stated he could not reach 140 and wondered why, that is much dumber, but doing 75 is not that wild unless it is in a hood, or school zone or something. everyone just chill.

half of you are making the org retarted just stating what the perosn ahead of you have already stated, or being a e-*******.

there is no much you can do, yur screwed just watch out like alot of us do.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:13 PM

I saw that thread (140MPH), and was not at all interested at reading it.

This thread said "helllpppppppppp", so I read it.

I am not one to shy away from answering questions in person. I am not a tough guy, but I am honest. Going almost 30 miles over the speed limit is excessive...
Old 04-27-2006, 05:20 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

it is fast, but you cannot say you have not ever done it. i do it all the time, and i do not think i am stupid for it. i mean i do not do 30 over in my neiborhood, but there are alot of 45mph roads that you can do 30 over easily, and not even feel like you are hauling ***. i do not think it is stupid, it just sucks he got caught.

this is the worng forum, but i can think of at least 200 other topics that are much dumber and annoy me more. i would rather read this than another spark plug thread.

all the 4th gen members bicth about everything, i swear this is the menstral cycle forum
Old 04-27-2006, 05:41 PM

Not bitc*ing bro, just stating my view...
Old 04-27-2006, 05:46 PM

I got caught doing 84.5 in a 35. went to court got the officer to throw the charges. I told him i was going to iraq (VERY true) he just happened to be in the National Gaurd like me. haha btw i leave june 22nd
Old 04-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by Karim
You were speeding and you got caught. Man up and suffer the consequences you baby.
''

Old 04-27-2006, 08:40 PM

all of you sound like women, i got out of 6 month suspension so i happy, every sinlg person on this entire org speeds at one point in time, the difference is was that i got caught, and all you will get your too. and to let you people who cant do math know it was 29 not 30. there is a difference so if you want to talk sh%@ about being a good boy and not to speed then get you sh&$ together and the facts right, for those who just saying to slow down this dosent apply to you, this applies to the people that want to be smart A$$es. Getting a lawyer would have cost an extrA $200 dollars and isaved that by doing a little bit of research on my own. 20 hrs or community service, big whoop, ill do that at your parents nursing home!!!! $326 cant compare to the 6 months suspension. This is my first speeding ticket and i bet the people that are talking hold more than one ticket and if thats the case yall need to not post, because i dont want to hear you moan about driving fast when half of you posted in the 140mph thread.....
Old 04-27-2006, 09:13 PM

I was one of the people that said 30.... almost 30. You need to calm down. You come on here and post some BS, and get upset with us.....

Old 04-27-2006, 09:25 PM

gas is pricey,.. slow the fck down

don't come here whining n b!tching about how to get out of this and that, and then get mad at people for telling you straight up how it is.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:27 PM

almost 30 is not 30 its still 29... many people that posted in this thread wanted to say what they had to say and im just saying what i got to say..... IF YOU THINK THIS IS BS YOU NEED TO THINK AGAIN IF ANYTHING YOU NEED TO LEARN FROM WHAT I DID BECASUE YOU WILL GET A TICKET and when you dont know what to do and dont have the money to hire someone to help you out you could use what i did to help you get off, lil buddy... everyone says man up, just admit to your mistakes, ect. i agree but when its you thats in the situation you dont look at it like that, this is y i get upset with someof the stuff people on this org write, because when its not you, you write stupid shyt, but if it was fliped and you were the one with the problem teres no way any of you would say this stuff to your self. I went to court said what i had to say and got off without a suspension and a small fine with no points taken off because of the NO CONTEST rule. because of this i can really care less about what anyone says, this thread was for people that had advice that could be used in court to help me and share the details about what acutally happened in court to help others in the same situation. this thread was not menyt for people to come and try and say AWWW YOU SHOULD SLOW DOWN AND DRIVE LIKE ME BECAUSE IM JUST THE PRFECT LITTLE DRIVER !!!!!! This is the first ticket i got and with gas at 3:15 a gallon i dont sit there with my foot to the floor, i sliped up once and was in the wronge place at the wronge time
Old 04-27-2006, 09:29 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

Originally Posted by kbmaxima
gas is pricey,.. slow the fck down

don't come here whining n b!tching about how to get out of this and that, and then get mad at people for telling you straight up how it is.
the price of gas and if he can aford it has nothing to do with you. he got a ticket, and came here for advice. if it was someone well know on the org you would be all over it helping him out. it was posted in the wrong forum, but hell you d not have to a a e-a$$hole.......he was asking for help not *****ing, unlike you. it is people like yo who make the org retarted......the whole site need to calm the hell out. i spend time on here and i am tired of seeing this stuff. i am not whining, but it just get old with everyone being a retard.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:02 PM
kormax97

Originally Posted by ManualMaxima
I personally think anyone is allowed to say whatever smart@ss comments they wish to say. If someone says, "Your a fucking retard" than so be it.

If you get pulled over for speeding, you don't deserve to speed.

Anyways... Bottom line... Don't stress over internet. People are so damn emotional.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:12 PM

the man is just stating the obvious, the org has changed over time and now there are people that are just dic$s its not being emtional and i feel that people should be able to say what ever on the org, but damn, there are people that just wait to jump on things, i guess thats how some people on the org get off
Old 04-28-2006, 03:27 AM
Has his VINs memorized

29 over is a big fine, 30 over you spend the night in jail. To me that's a HUGE difference!! My friend got nailed for 87 in a 10(toll booth) they let him go that day with a court date and a $2hundred something fine loss of lisence for 30 days(he got very lucky). Everyone speeds at some point in their life, everyone gets caught someway somehow eventually. As for "getting out of it easy" I think you got what they wanted. A $360 fine AND community service is not letting you off with a slap on the wrist
Old 04-28-2006, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by ManualMaxima
every acts like they never speed.............everyone does, true this is not 4th gen related, but ya'll don't have to pull your org egos out, that is why i stay off the org compared to what i use to be. this is not high school people. if this was in perosn more of you would keep yoru mouth shut.

no one *****ed at the kid who stated he could not reach 140 and wondered why, that is much dumber, but doing 75 is not that wild unless it is in a hood, or school zone or something. everyone just chill.

half of you are making the org retarted just stating what the perosn ahead of you have already stated, or being a e-*******.

there is no much you can do, yur screwed just watch out like alot of us do.
PREACH IT, is a big flame fest most of the time, but whatever, speed if you have to but when you get caught pay up, or get a lawyer.
Thats what i did, street racing, reckless driving, I got a lawyer, $350 later no fine, no report to the dmv, no ins rate hike, seemed worth $350 to me.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:17 AM

My officer never showed up to court so I got away with going 21 over.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by ti2tmax
29 over is a big fine, 30 over you spend the night in jail. To me that's a HUGE difference!! My friend got nailed for 87 in a 10(toll booth) they let him go that day with a court date and a $2hundred something fine loss of lisence for 30 days(he got very lucky). Everyone speeds at some point in their life, everyone gets caught someway somehow eventually. As for "getting out of it easy" I think you got what they wanted. A $360 fine AND community service is not letting you off with a slap on the wrist
would you rahter do what i have to do or lose your liscences for 6 months, i think anyone would pay 300 to be able to drive and spend 2 days working for no money, so to me its no biggy
Old 04-29-2006, 08:02 PM

i will be a bigger man and admit, yea ive driven 30,40,50,even 60mph over the speedlimit. I only did and do so because i have completed performance driving classes, and defensive driving classes on my own buck, so that i know how to control the vehicle in a situation when i am at that high of a speed. Sure, ive been caught before, but who hasn't? 88 in a 65, paid the ticket, took my perverbial medicine, and bought a better radar.

the big difference between driving fast and not knowing and driving fast and knowing, is if i hit something in the road at 80mph and i have no experiece in these situations with special training, im dead.Literally.

I'm not saying don't speed cause' i do it daily. I'm saying, be smart about how you speed.