4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Big Decision, Need The Org's Opinion ( chime In Please)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:57 PM

Big Decision, Need The Org's Opinion ( chime In Please)

Ok, as you might of known i had bought a bmw before, that got crusehd the day after AT the dealership, i really odnt wanna talk about that story as it's depressing, lol. So right now im stuck with a decision with my maxima. I have a 98 maxima, runs great, only problems i need a new knock sensor. It has front end damage, looks like i'll need to get the driverside frame re-aligned a little bit...ok i DEFINETLY will need to get it re-aligned. now, i could buy a 95 maxima with a 97 front end coversion, navi, clean, no damage, 5 speed, for 4500. OR, i could fix my current max, with a a sarona rear and sides, stock bumper stillen front lip, new headlight, diamond cut clears, new reinforcement bar. All that repair MINUS getting it painted would be roughly $1011.3. i figure after getting it painted i'll be near 2 g's total, but i'll have a nice looking max with no problems and whatnot. So, do you think i should fix my current max since i know what's wrong with it and the 5-speed doesnt matter to me MUCH cuz im not tryna race hard liek that anymore, takign it alot easier on the road. Or just buy the new max. new max has 165k miles mine has 180 but still runs like a beast. what would you do?. im kinda leaning towards repairing mine because i HAVE the money for the right now, i would have to gather funds for the new whip and even minus the paintjob everything wil lstill be straight. i still have to get a qoute from a body shop on how much it would be to straighten out the frame though, it's not TOO bad at all but still. oh yea, that price was minus a new hood too, last hood i bought was 75 bux offa kormax so i hope to grab another deal like that maybe.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Who the hell is gonna read that block of crap?

Use sentences and paragraphs.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by sonicrunch
Who the hell is gonna read that block of crap?

Use sentences and paragraphs.
lazy fck.
--------------------------------

Scooobay, first off, sorry to hear about your bmw. If it were me, I'd keep the current car and fix it up. Not only for cost reasons, but also because you know how that engine and tranny has been maint'ed for the past couple thousand miles. With the slightly lower mileage car you're considering, you may be paying 4500 for a clean title, but who knows what mechanical problems will occur after purchasing it. keep your 180k beast. my .02
Old 05-02-2006, 05:49 AM

With only 15k difference in miles I would fix the current one. Now if you were talking about getting one with like 80k it would be different. Fix the one you have, you know what is there.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:50 AM

I agree with KBMAXIMA. You might sell your beast, and end up with a newer prettier piece of sh*t. Stick with ur current max and fix it.....cuz you know all the things that are wrong with it and you should know how well u've maintained the car. FYI less milage doesn't always mean its a better car.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:50 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

lol i did

ummm i would just keep yours, and fix it up, unless urs is auto and the other is 5spd, and its black, with leather.

its your car, you decide, but if you get the other one you will have a car sitting there, mabey part it out
Old 05-02-2006, 06:33 AM

keep it. If I was gonna get a new car, it would be a NEW car, not an older one.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:39 AM
HallKemar

If I were you, I'd spend most of my time on this .org reading "how to" threads to learn how to fix your own car. Don't get me wrong, not everyone is car literate, but if you have the time/knowledge, go about fixing your vehicle.

Also, why would you want to go from a 98 to a 95? Thats like buying a 2006 Benz and wanting to trade it in for a 2001 Accord...If your going to buy a new "used" car, but a newer "used" car..There's nothing worse then downgrading man..

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do man.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by HallKemar
If I were you, I'd spend most of my time on this .org reading "how to" threads to learn how to fix your own car. Don't get me wrong, not everyone is car literate, but if you have the time/knowledge, go about fixing your vehicle.

Also, why would you want to go from a 98 to a 95? Thats like buying a 2006 Benz and wanting to trade it in for a 2001 Accord...If your going to buy a new "used" car, but a newer "used" car..There's nothing worse then downgrading man..

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do man.

95 and 98 same generation. It would be like going from a 06 benz to a 03 benz, if it's the same generation. but yeah i say just fix up your car man. do what you can on your own and have what you can't do done by the shop. Obviously you can't fix the frame damage on your own, so get it done by the shop. In the end you know you have a reliable car. Buying that 95 you won't know if there is any problems with it and might get screwed.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:14 AM
fwd gone rwd cr00

like i've said time and time again, you're keeping that car forever.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:51 AM

You have the worst luck. Get a damn bus pass.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:00 AM

In for the depressing story about the BMW. I want to hear what happened to that.

Yours is auto, correct? Myself, I would get the 95 5MT. You'll have to look over the maintanence records, and mechanics of the 95 really well, especially the transmission, but it would be like driving a whole new car.