4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

HELP!! Alignment problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 10:02 AM

HELP!! Alignment problems

there's an old post on alignment somewhere but i couldnt find it so i am posting a new one.

so a while back i hit a pot hole, dented my 18's, and ever since the front end of my car hasnt been the same.

ive had my stock sawblades on since i dented the 18's. the car pulls very badly to the left. it has gotten a lot worse over time. i have replaced both axles with raxle axles (highly recommend, talk to marty), both front wheel bearings, control arms seem fine, and the alignment seems to be straight (so the comp says). it just seems as if the car drives at an angle, not sraight like it should. also, the front end shimmys or shakes/vibrates at higher speeds. my tires were starting to show noticeable wear until i rotated them. now they seem fine. no unusal wear that i can see after 4k miles. gas mileage is the same as always, 20 to 25 mpg depending on how im driving. (i cruise at 80 on the highway) i have no idea whats going on and any advice or insight, as always, is much appreciated. thanks!

- swazey
Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Swazey
there's an old post on alignment somewhere but i couldnt find it so i am posting a new one.

so a while back i hit a pot hole, dented my 18's, and ever since the front end of my car hasnt been the same.

ive had my stock sawblades on since i dented the 18's. the car pulls very badly to the left. it has gotten a lot worse over time. i have replaced both axles with raxle axles (highly recommend, talk to marty), both front wheel bearings, control arms seem fine, and the alignment seems to be straight (so the comp says). it just seems as if the car drives at an angle, not sraight like it should. also, the front end shimmys or shakes/vibrates at higher speeds. my tires were starting to show noticeable wear until i rotated them. now they seem fine. no unusal wear that i can see after 4k miles. gas mileage is the same as always, 20 to 25 mpg depending on how im driving. (i cruise at 80 on the highway) i have no idea whats going on and any advice or insight, as always, is much appreciated. thanks!

- swazey
Get the alignment checked.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:45 AM

check to see if anything else is bent. A tie rod maybe, spindle, strut.

Get a 2nd opinion, cant always trust the 1st opinion.